Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My old job called.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Bring me with you as the mute advertising savante from slovakia that you discovered that needs brewskies at 123o everyday. I'll draw stuff, gesture wildly, and have you out of there at 1224.

-
    I have been thinking of adding a wingman/protege/doallmysh:tforme type of sidekick.

Brush up on your dinosaurs and monosyllabic words, and let's talk.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I have been thinking of adding a wingman/protege/doallmysh:tforme type of sidekick.

Brush up on your dinosaurs and monosyllabic words, and let's talk.
    I have a leash. So, thats not an issue getting through Penn.

-

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Bring a ****-ton of resumes. Like, at least 20. Just keep sliding them across the table at intermittent times during the conversation. Lock it up.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Aaah. Always looking out for a series of words never put together heretofore.... in the history of mankind.

The fat black midget from Slovenia®

-

Jets Insider VIP
    This would be the third time they hired me since 1998. Actually the fourth, but one time I was just a temporary consultant. I crush them with new demands every time. During those stints I've turned down two significant promotions that would have resulted in me spending too much of my day interfacing with bean-counting suits as opposed to the creative folks who make coming to work awesome. This is my roundabout way of significantly ratcheting up the paycheck, perks and bennies without being saddled with certain of the soul-crushing, mind-numbing responsibilities.

It may not be everyone's idea of a career path, but it's working like a charm for me.
    Do you work for Kruger Metal Smoothing?

Jets Insider VIP
    Louies in the Bronx? Try the veal...best in the city. Makes a great last meal.

All League
    Why did you leave the last time and what changed on their end since?

All League
    This would be the third time they hired me since 1998. Actually the fourth, but one time I was just a temporary consultant. I crush them with new demands every time. During those stints I've turned down two significant promotions that would have resulted in me spending too much of my day interfacing with bean-counting suits as opposed to the creative folks who make coming to work awesome. This is my roundabout way of significantly ratcheting up the paycheck, perks and bennies without being saddled with certain of the soul-crushing, mind-numbing responsibilities.

It may not be everyone's idea of a career path, but it's working like a charm for me.
    Try and remember why you left the last time. If you're going back for the same crap, you'll probably leave again. Unless the price is right, then you can put up with crap.

Basically the bottom line - How much crap you can put up with is directly related to how much they pay you.

I have to hand it to my company - they've found that sweet spot with most of the employees...... Fvckers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    in all seriousness...NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go back to an old job.
    I don't agree. It happened to me once and I went back after being layed off and it worked out fine. Most of the guys are happy you are back and those that aren't, weren't your friends anyway. I got a nice raise to come back and retired with the company.

Every situation is different butmine worked out fine. Good luck and trust your instincts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Why did you leave the last time and what changed on their end since?
    I told the person I report to exactly why I was leaving. I kept it specific to issues related to the company. I left out the part about having a job offer with a better commute and more money. That same person is the one who contacted me, and who I'm meeting with, so clearly the issues have been or will be addressed. Either that or they're going to make it worth my while to return (which is going to have to happen either way). In my industry moving around is not uncommon. I'm just playing the game and continually upping the ante.

I told the person I report to exactly why I was leaving. I kept it specific to issues related to the company. I left out the part about having a job offer with a better commute and more money. That same person is the one who contacted me, and who I'm meeting with, so clearly the issues have been or will be addressed. Either that or they're going to make it worth my while to return (which is going to have to happen either way). In my industry moving around is not uncommon. I'm just playing the game and continually upping the ante.
    Good luck in Philly, Chip.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The meeting will be at McFadden's, yes? Might as well keep it on the home turf.

All Pro
    Don't fall for the crying and gnashing of teeth routine and the low ball return offer. Be all the prick you can be, you seem good at it.

Rookie
    I need a job where I can make demands and someone wants me to be there enough that they give them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I need a job where I can make demands and someone wants me to be there enough that they give them to me.
    Send JT a PM. He's always looking to hire the right caliber of employee for his company.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Bring a ****-ton of resumes. Like, at least 20. Just keep sliding them across the table at intermittent times during the conversation. Lock it up.
    This. Dip every other one in LSD. By the time he gets to the dinosaur question he'll have a contact high. Tell him you're Barney, only pink. When he asks if that means you're gay, look at him soulfully and answer: "If you need me to be."
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 01-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Send JT a PM. He's always looking to hire the right caliber of employee for his company.
    Is an red robe required for teh uniform?

Only on Casual Fridays. All other days, a fire retardant "work thong" is the only acceptable attire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That all depends on the right "caliber" of "product" they're able to "handle."

You're fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    That all depends on the right "caliber" of "product" they're able to "handle."
    How much "product" are you able to "handle"? I bet a lot.