Thread: Jordan Rodgers

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Rodgers

Vanderbilt QB who just finished his senior season. Younger brother of Aaron. For that reason alone I think we should take him in the 6th/7th where he is graded to go, especially if no major moves are made at QB (Matt Moore/Flynn do not count as "major" imo). Maybe success is in their DNA.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Vanderbilt QB who just finished his senior season. Younger brother of Aaron. For that reason alone I think we should take him in the 6th/7th where he is graded to go, especially if no major moves are made at QB (Matt Moore/Flynn do not count as "major" imo). Maybe success is in their DNA.
    Eh. Plenty of relatives make it in for this reason and more likely than not they suck. Tim Hasselbeck, Jordan Palmer, and the McCowns immediately come to mind. Very rarely do you see a Manning type of thing happen. Jordan wasn't very good at Vanderbilt and he wont be very good in the pros (should he make it).

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    I'm a Vandy fan and season ticket holder. My uneducated guess is that Jordan doesn't have what it takes to be a successful starter in the NFL. Arm strength is a major issue. He does have pretty good running ability. After being benched for one game early in the year, he did dramatically cut down on turnovers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    6th or 7th is just the place to be taking a flyer on potential. Who knows, this kid could be good....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    6th or 7th is just the place to be taking a flyer on potential. Who knows, this kid could be good....
    Having the same last name as a good QB = potential? What the hell?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I'd say no way...

But this kid looks like a poor man's Rodgers, similar mechanics and athleticism.
    Not only that, Aaron himself seemed to mature late... Maybe just maybe, these Rodgers are late bloomers.