Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock draft on NFL.com has the Jets taking Werner at 9

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did anyone ever think this guy was top 10 material? I know myself, UT, and various others did the proverbial "huhhh?" when i saw him grading out as a top 5 defensive talent. Werner wasn't even first round talent, let alone an impact player.

Bjoern Werner - LB - Colts
    Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard doesn't think the Colts "are going to get the impact they hoped for from first-round pick Bjoern Werner this season."
    Per Bedard, Werner has looked "extremely ordinary," has "averaged burst at the snap" and "hasn't shown many pass-rush moves." Although Werner had 13 sacks for Florida State last season en route to ACC Defensive Player of the Year honors, his game tape showed the lack of edge explosion Bedard is referring to. Werner will start the season as a backup for the Colts as he adjusts to the outside linebacker spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    How did anyone ever think this guy was top 10 material? I know myself, UT, and various others did the proverbial "huhhh?" when i saw him grading out as a top 5 defensive talent. Werner wasn't even first round talent, let alone an impact player.
    I watched him a lot at FSU and never thought he was special. Plus I would have never drafted him to play OLB in a 3-4 either. Thats a puzzling move IMO. Tank Carradine was the better prospect on that defense. Carradine has the explosion that Werner lacks and will have a much better pro career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I'm no scout, but when I watched his film, i was left with "...huh"? I mean, he looked OK. A serviceable 4-3 end, but hardly any wow factor.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never liked Werner. The only 3-4 OLB I wanted was Mingo, who was looking great for the Browns until he got hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting we got 2 of the top 7 and 3 of top 15 picks in the draft

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He would have been well-worth a top-10 pick. When all is said and done, he will be one of the best German defensive players in NFL history.