Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manziel under investigation

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Manziel under investigation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

This guy just cant stay out of trouble it seems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

This guy just cant stay out of trouble it seems.
    Yup, sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the more I get to know about this kid, the bigger a JO he becomes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup, sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do.
    I get them trying to earn some money on the side but a 5 digit flat fee? That is insane. If true the NCAA has to come down on him hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So does this mean his 2012 season didn't happen? NCAA needs to be dissolved.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't he going to be suspended for the entire season last year, before the coach saw he had really good talent and stepped in? He seems like a major headcase, and someone that is sure to fall in the draft IMO. He's not a once in a generation talent to have people tolerate this kind of continuous controversy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid is a douchebag.

All of this talk of him being a top pick in next years draft is ridiculous.

Wake me up when a 5'11 180 lb QB gets taken at the top of the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a douche, no arguments there.

That said, all NCAA players should be able to make cash on autographs and memorabilia. Its a really stupid system.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid has his issues, but I dont think he was paid for these autographs. It sounds like he stopped signing UNLESS he was paid. The more concerning thing is that he has a personal assistant....LOL. Really?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The kid has his issues, but I dont think he was paid for these autographs. It sounds like he stopped signing UNLESS he was paid. The more concerning thing is that he has a personal assistant....LOL. Really?
    Hiring a personal assistant, taking classes online because he was being "hounded" by the rest of the student body (like all big name college QB's don't experience this same thing), etc.

This kid reeks of self righteous, pretentious douchiness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's only shocking if you aren't familiar with Texas A&M in general.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well his next punishment in life, is probably going to be his first. He was Johnny Football in Texas? That's the equivalent of being the President of wherever he grew up. Probably got everything and anything he wanted because of it, and then he sets the SEC on fire and wins the Heisman? He's set up for failure like one of those child actors from late 80's-early 90s sitcoms at this point.

And I agree, no way he goes at the top of the first round next year unless he got leftover PEDs from A-Rod. I actually like Mariotta better than him just as a prospect, seems to have better tools and size.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime I see his name I think of the Seinfeld "mansierre" episode

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiring a personal assistant, taking classes online because he was being "hounded" by the rest of the student body (like all big name college QB's don't experience this same thing), etc.

And his family comes from oil money. He was already going to be a spoiled, rich d-bag. Then all of that was compounded by the fact that he became a great football player as well.

There was a story on ESPN a week or so ago that included a story about him getting upset at the cops for waking him up in the middle of the night to tell him to move his car. Of course, the cops had recognized his car and only woke him up because they didn't want to write him a ticket and/or tow it away.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he was thrown into a supplemental draft today (I know it is not possible for a variety of reasons) would anyone touch him in the first round?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Manziel is living the dream. But like many of us at that age, he is very immature. You didnt see guys like Luck or rg3 acting like this. I kind of feel for manziel becasue I would have been just like him, probably worse, if I had his talent at his age. I wouldnt of been andrew luck I can tell you that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a chance

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    If he was thrown into a supplemental draft today (I know it is not possible for a variety of reasons) would anyone touch him in the first round?
    LOL

No

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

No

I'm not sure a team would give up a 4th round pick on Manzeil right now. The kids shoulders are barely wider than his helmet....LOL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I'm not sure a team would give up a 4th round pick on Manzeil right now. The kids shoulders are barely wider than his helmet....LOL.
    A true tragedy. Has there been a bigger fail for a Heisman Trophy winner? Even OJ had an illustrious career before his infamy.

You're telling me (and I am not debating with you over this - just restating) that he may not even be a 4th round pick if he went into the draft today. There were some on this board who were hoping that the Jets would get a shot at drafting him in the first round (not to kill them - just pointing out his collapse). If this kid looses his eligiblity and has to sit a year that is going to cause his alreadly low value to plummet even more. Would he even be drafted if he had to sit a year? He might have to go around NFL camps with the proverbial cap in his hand looking for a tryout.