Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice! Today, A Golden Age Of Jet Football Begins...

Rejoice! Today, A Golden Age Of Jet Football Begins...

I believe:

-that Woody Johnson will do his due dilligence and will select the perfect man for the GM job...

-that this GM will become the new leader of the Jets, and reduce Rex's resposibilities so that he can become a better HC...

-that this GM will find or draft a QB that will become the franchise QB Jet fans have been waiting for, with the physical skills of Testaverde and the moxie of Pennington...

-that this GM will find an OC that is innovative enough to bring the offense out of the Dark Ages...

-that this GM will have Jet fans cheering instead of head scratching on draft day...

-that this GM will restore some class to the organization, with an understanding that wins, and not publicity, is what sells tickets....

-that this GM will usher in an era of consistent performance, playoff appearances, and SB appearances, while the Patriots success will finally begin to wane...

I have faith that all this begins today!

Get it done, Woody!

Some of us aren't in the Eastern time zone. TELL US TALES FROM THE FUTURE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well I DO like that he's gone to an agency to make the hire. He shoud've done that from the beginning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Slow, deliberate and methodical is better than fast, misguided and uninformed.

Jets fans aren't a patient bunch. When other teams start hiring new GMs or Head Coaches before the Jets do hysteria sweeps the message board!

"What is Woody doing???"

"Nobody wants the Jets job!"

"All the good GM candidates are gone!"

Well hogwash. I, for one, like the way this is playing out. I believe that casting their net far and wide, taking their time, and using the assistance of a professional search firm will give us a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Slow, deliberate and methodical is better than fast, misguided and uninformed.

Jets fans aren't a patient bunch. When other teams start hiring new GMs or Head Coaches before the Jets do hysteria sweeps the message board!

"What is Woody doing???"

"Nobody wants the Jets job!"

"All the good GM candidates are gone!"

Well hogwash. I, for one, like the way this is playing out. I believe that casting their net far and wide, taking their time, and using the assistance of a professional search firm will give us a good result.
    Awesome......we get to choose from the pile no one wants. Isn't it great that Jets leadership is so out of touch with this league they have to hire someone to think for them. While Belichick molds and develops his staff, coaching and managerial, all while leading his team yearly deep into the playoffs, our guys are getting inked in the bahamas and hiring CPAs to find us a coach. This is Lifetime movie of the week crap

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I believe:

-that Woody Johnson will do his due dilligence and will select the perfect man for the GM job...

-that this GM will become the new leader of the Jets, and reduce Rex's resposibilities so that he can become a better HC...

-that this GM will find or draft a QB that will become the franchise QB Jet fans have been waiting for, with the physical skills of Testaverde and the moxie of Pennington...

-that this GM will find an OC that is innovative enough to bring the offense out of the Dark Ages...

-that this GM will have Jet fans cheering instead of head scratching on draft day...

-that this GM will restore some class to the organization, with an understanding that wins, and not publicity, is what sells tickets....

-that this GM will usher in an era of consistent performance, playoff appearances, and SB appearances, while the Patriots success will finally begin to wane...

Get it done, Woody!
    Woody is taking his time because all the candidates suck.

He's coming...don't know exactly when...but soon...our new GM...is a coming...so...lets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22pk9GKB3BE

I believe:

Get it done, Woody!
    Doesn't a person of this caliber have more pressing things to deal with, like peace, justice, equality and eradicating poverty for all mankind?

I believe:

Get it done, Woody!
    This person already has risen from the dead once and makes guest appearances on South Park ... He doesn't need a job.

I believe:

Get it done, Woody!
    After reading this I put a little lambs blood on my door post.

I believe:

Get it done, Woody!
    I appreciate your optimism, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter, should one be made available.

Based on the time spent and the number of candidates interviewed, I believe Woody conducted a great GM search. I think our next GM will be someone who truly will be able to build our offense into one of the best in the league.

But make no mistake about it, it's all about the QB. If this GM can somehow strike gold drafting a QB then he looked upon as a hero. If he doesn't get the QB, he'll eventually get fired just like Tanny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Based on the time spent and the number of candidates interviewed, I believe Woody conducted a great GM search. I think our next GM will be someone who truly will be able to build our offense into one of the best in the league.

But make no mistake about it, it's all about the QB. If this GM can somehow strike gold drafting a QB then he looked upon as a hero. If he doesn't get the QB, he'll eventually get fired just like Tanny.
    HAHAHAHAHA

Undrafted Free Agent
    I believe:

Get it done, Woody!

Here's To You

I agree. Let's get this thing announced, though!

We were all disappointed that the Gamble thing fell through, but no one else hired him either. Either he didn't want any of the roles, or he was just not qualified for some reason. Caldwell was up there, but it looks like Jacksonville was his only landing spot, and he was leveraging everyone (including us) to get there. Not much you can do about that.

The two guys on the short list, now that Cohen is out of the running, appear to be the two best candidates for us, after all the vetting and interviewing and due diligence. In the end, there are smarter people than me who are making the decision on who should be the GM for the NY Jets (not Woody, though!), and I am excited to get this next generation of Jets football under way.

That's why you and I and everyone else on this forum is going to be rooting for the Ravens on Sunday. The nice clean organized approach to getting your organization in line for the owner. Hire outside suits and let Woody do his due dilligence.

Leon Hess basically never gave a **** about making money, having a stadium or putting a wining team on the field. When he got older he decided he would like to see his team win. After hiring Kotite he realized having a guy around who he liked and trusted and thought was a good football man meant nothing because he wasn't qualified to make the pick. What Leon did was looked around the league and decided to steal his entire football operations from a successful competitor. It wasn't a clean search done by guys in suits it was a heist.

Bob Kraft, the single most successful owner in the league stole it back while Woody was celebrating his good fortune on becoming an NFL owner.

We aren't filling middle management positions at some huge multi-national we need a killer owner to kill one of his competitors and take their young.

wow media is in a panic....no more leaks...articles are all complete speculation. strange that we really have no idea who the new GM would be....would love it if they threw a complete curve ball and hired a great candidate off the radar that we havent even discussed. That would be a refreshing change.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    wow media is in a panic....no more leaks...articles are all complete speculation. strange that we really have no idea who the new GM would be....would love it if they threw a complete curve ball and hired a great candidate off the radar that we havent even discussed. That would be a refreshing change.....
    Like rehiring Mike Tannenbaum?

I believe:

Get it done, Woody!
    Stealing a line from 'Field of Dreams', " you're seeing a whole team of Psychiatrists, aren't you?"