Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rejoice! Today, A Golden Age Of Jet Football Begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Based on the time spent and the number of candidates interviewed, I believe Woody conducted a great GM search. I think our next GM will be someone who truly will be able to build our offense into one of the best in the league.

But make no mistake about it, it's all about the QB. If this GM can somehow strike gold drafting a QB then he looked upon as a hero. If he doesn't get the QB, he'll eventually get fired just like Tanny.

Agreed 100%. Mainejet not only shoots big deer, but he speaks for rational Jet fans everywhere. This GM needs to sort out our QB mess. If he does, he will be here a long, long time.

Give me what you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I believe:

-that Woody Johnson will do his due dilligence and will select the perfect man for the GM job...

-that this GM will become the new leader of the Jets, and reduce Rex's resposibilities so that he can become a better HC...

-that this GM will find or draft a QB that will become the franchise QB Jet fans have been waiting for, with the physical skills of Testaverde and the moxie of Pennington...

-that this GM will find an OC that is innovative enough to bring the offense out of the Dark Ages...

-that this GM will have Jet fans cheering instead of head scratching on draft day...

-that this GM will restore some class to the organization, with an understanding that wins, and not publicity, is what sells tickets....

-that this GM will usher in an era of consistent performance, playoff appearances, and SB appearances, while the Patriots success will finally begin to wane...

I have faith that all this begins today!

Get it done, Woody!
    love the optimism! Really do. However, I know better. Like most of us we are long time Jets fans. We know now to not have false hope. In the end the Jets WILL and I mean WILL disappoint you. The only thing the Jets do consistently is disappoint. Doesn't mean we don't have faith mind you, just I am cautiously optimistic.

Sadly, the whole I believe part of the OP reminded me of the "Blue Collar Comedy" tour with Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy et al. I was waiting for the punchline.

"Good things come to he who waits..."

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    "Good things come to he who waits..."
    Especially in the sexual arena.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Based on the time spent and the number of candidates interviewed, I believe Woody conducted a great GM search. I think our next GM will be someone who truly will be able to build our offense into one of the best in the league.

But make no mistake about it, it's all about the QB. If this GM can somehow strike gold drafting a QB then he looked upon as a hero. If he doesn't get the QB, he'll eventually get fired just like Tanny.
    I agree QB is the most important piece but until the next Joe Montana gets found and developed, we need to select young players that are studs and will eventually be part of a SB team.