Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Mods why was my thread on the NFL.com mock draft deleted?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If there is one thing mods on here are lightning quick about it is moving anything with the word draft in it to the draft forum. you can have 20 awful threads full of idiotic bickering on totally irrelevant topics and they remain untouched but whisper.....draft....pick and the thing is gonzo alonzo.
    Beerfish you shouldn't make it known that you are on to them. Burn your harddrive and fake your death. They are coming!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is one thing mods on here are lightning quick about it is moving anything with the word draft in it to the draft forum. you can have 20 awful threads full of idiotic bickering on totally irrelevant topics and they remain untouched but whisper.....draft....pick and the thing is gonzo alonzo.
    Uhhh....perhaps that's because its fairly easy to identify a draft thread by its title, but we have to wade through a whole lot of posts in other threads to determine whether something is irrelevant/dumpable. And we have other jobs too - the fries don't simply make themselves.

But I realize its hard to find the Draft Forum. We will be hosting a webinar to go through the steps - I'll be sure to pm you the details.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is a classic example. It is not actually talking about a the draft but has alot of fluff in it......and it is still here. If the op had asked if teos draft status would suffer due to the girlfriend thing it would be gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Uhhh....perhaps that's because its fairly easy to identify a draft thread by its title, but we have to wade through a whole lot of posts in other threads to determine whether something is irrelevant/dumpable. And we have other jobs too - the fries don't simply make themselves.

But I realize its hard to find the Draft Forum. We will be hosting a webinar to go through the steps - I'll be sure to pm you the details.
    I try to go over to the draft forum to discuss the draft and possible picks, but there is simply very little going on there. It is the same handful of posters (which are knowledgeable) posting. There can be several hours in between posts and it is just a very slow moving discussion. I still dont understand why that during the offseason the draft must have this separate site. What else is there to talk about between now and the draft in April?? Free agency doesnt start until March and after the new GM is announced we are going to be reduced to reading about where Tebow is going to go and how great he is going to be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is a classic example. It is not actually talking about a the draft but has alot of fluff in it......and it is still here. If the op had asked if teos draft status would suffer due to the girlfriend thing it would be gone.
    Sooth's Board.

Sooth's Rules.

What do you want exactly Beer? I don't like the split setup any more than you (I think it's horrid tbqh), but it is what it is. /shrug

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please contain draft conversation to the Draft forum which you will find here:

http://www.draftinsider.net/

Thank you.

JI Post Bot® 2013 All Rights Reserved

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The official draft "thread" is lame. Its a link to another site and you have to create another account....wtf.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    The official draft "thread" is lame. Its a link to another site and you have to create another account....wtf.
    Not true. I just went over and it recognized my username here on JI.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sooth's Board.

Sooth's Rules.

What do you want exactly Beer? I don't like the split setup any more than you (I think it's horrid tbqh), but it is what it is. /shrug
    You misunderstand my posts I think. I don't mind the split. The other site is very good and we get a lot of very good nuggets of info from Tony P. I encourage everyone to head on over there to discuss the draft.

My point was just the fact that draft stuff gets addressed and dealt with very quick when at times there are other threads on here that should be locked or dealt with that go on for a long time.

I am not dissing the draft site/forum which is excellent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sooth's Board.

Sooth's Rules.

I understand the objective of this site supporting that draft site, but come on... I doubt anyone likes the idea. By forcing people to move the discussion to the other site, it inevitably loses a lot of potential posters and input. That's just the way it is. It is an unfortunate sacrifice to make just to support that draft board site. For the most part, the effort fails (as you can see from the lack of traffic and variety of posters over there). It did heat up in the 3 weeks prior to the draft last season, but for those who want a spirited discussion with lots of input from many any other time during the year, forcing the separate draft board on everyone is a colossal fail. JMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    You misunderstand my posts I think. I don't mind the split. The other site is very good and we get a lot of very good nuggets of info from Tony P. I encourage everyone to head on over there to discuss the draft.

My point was just the fact that draft stuff gets addressed and dealt with very quick when at times there are other threads on here that should be locked or dealt with that go on for a long time.

I am not dissing the draft site/forum which is excellent.
    We get your point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Oh the huge manatee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's a bit pedo to fetish young males in that manner.
    SAR I
    The internet does have value.
    Every so often I learn a new word...
    SARsie, with your ok, I am now incorporating the term "pedo" into my street vocabulary....

I am always looking for new insults to heap onto bad people. Now, I have a new one.
    I'll use it like this..."You are sooooo pedo!"

Thanks
    Last edited by Baddniss; 01-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the plus side, the other site never crashes

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    On the plus side, the other site never crashes
    Ouch..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    The internet does have value.
    Every so often I learn a new word...
    SARsie, with your ok, I am now incorporating the term "pedo" into my street vocabulary....

I am always looking for new insults to heap onto bad people. Now, I have a new one.
    I'll use it like this..."You are sooooo pedo!"

Thanks
    No disrespect, but it makes you sound like a British "poufter". I'd discard the usage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    the so called "rules" around here are applied willy-nilly, without rhyme or reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    #1, no one likes you.

#2 you are wrong.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Are you saying 32green sucks?
    Again.

If there is one thing mods on here are lightning quick about it is moving anything with the word draft in it to the draft forum.
    Thanks man, its not easy.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lotsa dicks in this thread.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Lotsa dicks in this thread.
    A real sausage fest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Mods I started a thread earlier today on Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft on NFL.com ,which had the Jets picking Werner at #9 overall. The thread had a few posts from others here, and was a generally healthy debate. My thread has been arbitrarily deleted, yet other draft related ones remain.

Even a few plainly frivolous threads are still on the landing strip.

May I ask why this is happening? For me personally it's a negative experience on one of the more enjoyable Jets related sites.
    Sooth has identified guys who will work for free and have displayed tattletale skills. You'd expect more, really.