Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Jags hire Bradley

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jags hire Bradley

    per PFT:

    Gus Bradley is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

    That’s the word from ESPN’s Adam Schefter and FOX’s Jay Glazer, who reported on Thursday morning that Bradley had accepted the Jaguars’ head-coaching position.

    Bradley, a defensive coordinator who spent the last four years on the Seahawks’ staff, became a hot coaching candidate after Seattle’s defense went on a dominant run down the stretch in the regular season.

    Bradley was believed to be the Eagles’ choice if they hadn’t been able to convince Chip Kelly to leave Oregon. As it turned out, even though Bradley lost out on the Philadelphia job, it took him less than 24 hours to become coach of the Jaguars.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    per PFT:

    Gus Bradley is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

    That’s the word from ESPN’s Adam Schefter and FOX’s Jay Glazer, who reported on Thursday morning that Bradley had accepted the Jaguars’ head-coaching position.

    Bradley, a defensive coordinator who spent the last four years on the Seahawks’ staff, became a hot coaching candidate after Seattle’s defense went on a dominant run down the stretch in the regular season.

    Bradley was believed to be the Eagles’ choice if they hadn’t been able to convince Chip Kelly to leave Oregon. As it turned out, even though Bradley lost out on the Philadelphia job, it took him less than 24 hours to become coach of the Jaguars.
    i dont know about these young assistants getting DC jobs...they dont tend to work out very often. didnt the jags just fire a guy who was a young DC before they hired him?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i dont know about these young assistants getting DC jobs...they dont tend to work out very often. didnt the jags just fire a guy who was a young DC before they hired him?
    Bradley's been an NFL DC for 4 seasons and 2 of those years were good. his first two in seattle were brutal. But if a guy shows improvement and leadership, he'll get a look.

    I know exactly what the Jags are hoping for: Bradley turns into Falcons' coach Mike Smith. Smith was a DC for 5 seasons in Jax and not really a household name before ATL gave him a shot. And it seems to be paying off.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Bradley's been an NFL DC for 4 seasons and 2 of those years were good. his first two in seattle were brutal. But if a guy shows improvement and leadership, he'll get a look.

    I know exactly what the Jags are hoping for: Bradley turns into Falcons' coach Mike Smith. Smith was a DC for 5 seasons in Jax and not really a household name before ATL gave him a shot. And it seems to be paying off.
    I like the Mike Smith comparison. The 49ers benefit here on several levels. They keep their offensive coordinator Greg Roman who will continue to work with Colin Kaepernick and their division rival loses it's defensive coordinator. Roman won't be distracted here trying to line up interviews and a potential coaching staff in Jacksonville. Roman can now fully focus on his job trying to get to a superbowl with the Niners. David Caldwell did his old friend, Greg Roman and the 49ers a big favor by hiring Gus Bradley.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us