Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 274

Thread: Tweets and News 1/17

  1. #241
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Report: Jets G.M. hire coming today or tomorrow http://wp.me/p14QSB-6Ucu

  2. #242
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JayGlazer: "@RapSheet: The #Cardinals have offered their head coaching job to Bruce Arians, I'm told. He is expected to accept."

  3. #243
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: Bruce Arians has accepted four-year deal, with a team option for a fifth year, as head coach with Arizona Cardinals.

  4. #244
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told former Saints & Dolphins GM Randy Mueller interviewed for Jets' GM job last week. (Angelo & Sundquist also had prior GM exp. #nyj

  5. #245
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: After Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel and six other were fired, there eight HC jobs filled. Not one hire was a minority.

  6. #246
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: After Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel and six other were fired, there eight HC jobs filled. Not one hire was a minority.
    Cue the "THAT'S RACIST" pic.




  7. #247
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: After Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel and six other were fired, there eight HC jobs filled. Not one hire was a minority.
    Are there any minority offensive-minded candidates? Seems like the league went heavy on the offensive HCs.

  8. #248
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Bears announce assistant coaches Mike Tice, Bob Babich, Jeremy Bates, Mike DeBord, Darryl Drake, Tim Holt and Tim Spencer won't be back.

  9. #249
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Confirmed that Jets interviewed Randy Mueller last week for GM job. That was the "mystery ex GM" I heard about.

  10. #250
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Bears announce assistant coaches Mike Tice, Bob Babich, Jeremy Bates, Mike DeBord, Darryl Drake, Tim Holt and Tim Spencer won't be back.
    Wasn't Jeremy bates a jet at one point?

  11. #251
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Wasn't Jeremy bates a jet at one point?
    2005.

  12. #252
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ProFootballWkly: MT @mikejurecki: I was told (Ray Horton) had a heated exchange w/ Steve Keim, thought he was the guy when McCoy took the Chargers job.

  13. #253
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    Of first 12 coach/GM hires of 2013, 12 are white. Jets likely 13th of 13 with GM hire Friday. Your move, Browns, to avoid total NFL shame.

  14. #254
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Steelers executive Omar Khan, believed to be a GM finalist, hasn't heard from the Jets tonight, I'm told. #nyj

  15. #255
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ProFootballWkly: MT @mikejurecki: I was told (Ray Horton) had a heated exchange w/ Steve Keim, thought he was the guy when McCoy took the Chargers job.
    I'd take Horton as coordinator in a second...

  16. #256
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    Of first 12 coach/GM hires of 2013, 12 are white. Jets likely 13th of 13 with GM hire Friday. Your move, Browns, to avoid total NFL shame.
    What a dumb statement by King.

  17. #257
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I'd take Horton as coordinator in a second...
    For what, defense? We have Rex and Thurman. Horton sucks.

  18. #258
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    For what, defense? We have Rex and Thurman. Horton sucks.
    Says who? The guy seriously coached up that defense. I don't pretend to know how good or bad Truman is...but what has he done exactly?

  19. #259
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    Of first 12 coach/GM hires of 2013, 12 are white. Jets likely 13th of 13 with GM hire Friday. Your move, Browns, to avoid total NFL shame.
    At least we promoted a black guy to DC.

  20. #260
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Says who? The guy seriously coached up that defense. I don't pretend to know how good or bad Truman is...but what has he done exactly?
    President Truman or Coach Thurman?

    Horton was the coach of a defense that showed no heart and gave up at the end of the year. Didn't they lose by about 63 points to Seattle?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us