Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/17

All Pro

Thumbs up

Idzik also coached RBs (under his dad, who was HC) for the Granite City (Aberdeen) Oilers here in Scotland back in the 1990s.

So he gets my thumbs up.

@PostBroncos: Broncos promote QB coach Adam Gase to offensive coordinator http://t.co/QSVgp7E7

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yup. He was directly involved in the Richard Todd/Matt Robinson controversey.
    This escapes me right now, what was the controversy?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Okay that last sentence has been a bit overplayed don't you think?

I imagine Idzik or whomever takes the job will be paid quite handsomely.
    Yes, overplayed by Glazer and the rest of the jackholes who want to perpetuate a garbage narrative that suggests that an NFL GM job is so unattractive to candidates that no one qualified will take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Who knows about Bassett, but he couldve been right at the time. Multiple sources said the Jets were high on Gamble going into the interview. The story changed after the interview.
    Thank You... Thank You.....

As your post correctly infers the situation is fluid. For once IMO the Jets are doing something right. They are not telling us or the media what they are going to do before they do it.

I think any of the remaining candidates would be more than acceptable!!

And I for one love them for it!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post

Thumb wrestling injury in a match against Klecko. Look it up. Only the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    One of the benefits of guys like Gamble and Idzik is that they are football lifers. Their dads worked in the NFL, they grew up in the NFL, and they pursued careers in the NFL. They're 100% about football.

That's no guarantee for success, but that is an asset to have.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    One of the benefits of guys like Gamble and Idzik is that they are football lifers. Their dads worked in the NFL, they grew up in the NFL, and they pursued careers in the NFL. They're 100% about football.

That's no guarantee for success, but that is an asset to have.
    once gamble and caldwell were out of the mix.. this was the next guy imho i like this hire I hope its true...

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe the Jets GM.....doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post

Nutshell version: Todd was the #6 pick. He was replacing the legend Namath. He sucked in 1977. Team went 3-11. Fans wanted 9th round pick Matt Robinson who looked great in the pre-season. Todd started off 1978 with 2 wins but then they lose 3 in a row. In comes Robinson. The team finishes 8-8. But Todd was the #6 pick. So they go back to him in 1979. Meanwhile Todd stuffs Steve Serby into a locker because he publicly supported Robinson in the paper.

They both sucked. Robinson was more fun to watch because he was more mobile and was willing to scramble while Todd stood in the pocket and was willing to be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's a hoax?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Actual quote from him: "A source has told us that Seattle VP of Administration, John Idzik will be the next GM for the New York Jets."

I hope it's true this time.
    Bassett's Source:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253228

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Could very well be. It was pretty unanimous.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank You... Thank You.....

As your post correctly infers the situation is fluid. For once IMO the Jets are doing something right. They are not telling us or the media what they are going to do before they do it.

I think any of the remaining candidates would be more than acceptable!!

And I for one love them for it!!
    You make a great point. I hope this process is the beginning of an organizational change in character, starting with the head coach and continuing with all the players. Keep your mouths shut and STOP making us laughing stocks.

Veteran
    Nutshell version: Todd was the #6 pick. He was replacing the legend Namath. He sucked in 1977. Team went 3-11. Fans wanted 9th round pick Matt Robinson who looked great in the pre-season. Todd started off 1978 with 2 wins but then they lose 3 in a row. In comes Robinson. The team finishes 8-8. But Todd was the #6 pick. So they go back to him in 1979. Meanwhile Todd stuffs Steve Serby into a locker because he publicly supported Robinson in the paper.

They both sucked. Robinson was more fun to watch because he was more mobile and was willing to scramble while Todd stood in the pocket and was willing to be sacked.
    Thx. Considering the amount of futility the Jets have had it becomes muddy after awhile...

And I believe the Jets traded Robinson to the Broncos for a #1 pick and Robinson stunk up (and/or got injured) Denver as a starter?

Don't forget to add Jets were able to trade Robinson to Denver at end of 1979 for 2nd overall pick in 1980. Jets took Lam Jones, and passed on Anthony Munez.

Veteran
    ^
    Just incredible how inept... John Riggins, it's difficult to rate the blunders but this one was just bad!

Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And I believe the Jets traded Robinson to the Broncos for a #1 pick and Robinson stunk up (and/or got injured) Denver as a starter?
    "Then in the off-season, the Denver Bronco's thought they saw something special in Matt Robinson. They traded their first and second round selection in the 1980 draft as well as quarterback Craig Penrose. Now lets just say that Penrose was a throw in, he attempted just 117 passes in his NFL career but the Jets had two extremely valuable picks in the 1980 draft for a mediocre at best signal caller in Robinson.

If only the Jets had used the picks a little more sensibly, instead the Jets sent their two first round picks (13th and 20th overall) to San Francisco for the second overall pick in the draft which they used to select Texas wide receiver Johnny "Lam" Jones. "