Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/17

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Whisenhunt was a finalist for some HC jobs, no? I imagine being hired by Jets would virtually guarantee no HC job next season either. I don't see how the Jets offense would be good next year, and a bad season means the entire staff gets replaced.

Cowboys could conceivably have a good offense and a bad season, so I could see him being a coach in waiting in Dallas.
    Brings up an interesting thought.

With Ryan potentially being a lame duck coach, our next OC could potentially be the HC in waiting.

Wouldn't his success be sort of a conflict of interest?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Wasn't he like the 6th pick in the draft.How long did he play,1 year,wow.
    Haight makes Vernon Gholston look like a fantastic pick. He was horrendous. At least Ghoslton looked good in a uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

With Ryan potentially being a lame duck coach, our next OC could potentially be the HC in waiting.

I don't know. I don't see the Jets being a losing team because their offense was good and defense bad. Therefore it's hard to imagine a scenario with the offense is bad again and the Jets then hire the offensive coordinator.

If the Jets offense is good and they somehow make the playoffs, he's considered a miracle worker and quite viable to new jobs at the end of next season.

Dallas, would be a more likely scenario with the defense lets down the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt will become offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.

With all these coordinator positions being filled, I have to imagine that Rex is not in control of hiring his staff like they said in the press conference. Looks like the Jets are not allowing Rex to make any decisions until the new GM is hired. That could be a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Former Cardinals HC Ken Whisenhunt will become offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.

With all these coordinator positions being filled, I have to imagine that Rex is not in control of hiring his staff like they said in the press conference. Looks like the Jets are not allowing Rex to make any decisions until the new GM is hired. That could be a very good sign.
    That is correct. Someone reported a week or so ago the new GM was going to provide his input prior to.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That is correct. Someone reported a week or so ago the new GM was going to provide his input prior to.
    I like that. Good sign that maybe Rex isnt going to have the control over personnel like many feared.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ddn't he used to be a poster here?
    Hint: The NY Slimes is biased.

Do you remember

Haight makes Vernon Gholston look like a fantastic pick. He was horrendous. At least Ghoslton looked good in a uniform.
    Remember Roger Vick, OMG.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Which to me means that Rex will not have the power that everyone is afraid he'll have. If he doesn't have Carte Blanche to name his staff, what makes anyone believe he'll have final say on personnel moves?

Whisenhut as the Jets OC would have made sense if Khan was the GM, if you believe in the Khan-Cowher theory. I'm thinking it's gonna be Idzik, but who the hell knows? Until Schechter reports it, or we hear it from Woody's mouth, I won't believe anything tweeted. It ain't over till it's over!!

MetLifeStadium ‏@MLStadium
    BREAKING!! @TaylorSwift13 brings the RED Tour to MetLife Stadium in July!!! http://ow.ly/1RcF7t http://ow.ly/i/1nHmu

Murk Surnchurz gon' tap dat ass.

Seems like everyone is making moves but us....

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

or they all just keep on snubbin'

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    DOOOOONNNNTTTT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    or they all just keep on snubbin'
    Let them keep on snubbin'. I'll concentrate all my energies on the nubbin (British definition, of course).

Ironically, both were PED creations. If you look at the picture of VG at OSU with his biceps bulging and then compare them to the shots of him later in the pros, I think it's clear he was juicing at OSU. Haight at least admitted it:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/27/sp...-steroids.html

Jets' Top Pick Says He Took Steroids

By GERALD ESKENAZI, Special to the New York Times
    Published: April 27, 1988

The drive to be the best led Dave Cadigan, the Jets' top draft pick, to try steroids after his college career ended.

Cadigan, the all-America offensive lineman from Southern California, admitted today that he took steroids, which are used to increase an athlete's bulk, for six weeks earlier this year so as not to be at a disadvantage when the National Football League staged its annual physical tests.

In those tests, conducted in February in Indianapolis, Cadigan, a 6-foot-5-inch, 285-pounder, outlifted every other offensive lineman. He also performed the most repetitions in lifting.

He outperformed Paul Gruber of Wisconsin, who was the first offensive lineman taken in the college draft last Sunday. Cadigan was the second.
    'Best Lineman'

''I think I'm better than Paul Gruber,'' Cadigan said today. ''I didn't know that until I competed against him in Indianapolis. I can tell you right now, I was the best lineman.''

Mike Hickey, who runs the Jets' draft and knew about the test results in Indianapolis, would not comment directly on Cadigan's steroid use. But Hickey suggested that it did not artificially pump up the player.

Hickey pointed out that Cadigan's father stood 6 feet 4 inches and now weighs 275, while the player's late mother was 5 feet 10 and weighed 160.

''Sometimes there's a look to a guy who's on steroids, and he didn't have it,'' said Hickey.

Cadigan was one of only 10 players, of the 330 who took the test in Indianapolis, who showed positive for steroids. Steroids are believed to have potentially serious side effects, and their use is banned by U.S.C., the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the N.F.L.

Asked why he started using steroids, Cadigan said: ''I've been playing football since I was 8 years old. I've been dedicating my life to football. I wasn't going to lose out to someone who took steroids. I'm not going to fall behind.''

Cadigan said his own use of the muscle-builder, which he described as minimal, did little to change his body-fat content or speed and he said that he stopped after six weeks.

He said he had been aware of the fact that coaches ''are looking for a low-fat guy.''

Cadigan said he took steroids only after he and his father, Pat, had researched the subject, then went to a private physician for ''low-level doses.''

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Yup - and that's a GOOD thing! It's becoming obvious that Rex is not being aloud to hire anyone until the new GM is put in place. This leads me to believe that Rex will report to the new GM, not visa-versa. Woody may have guaranteed Rex's job for this year, but he never said Rex would be running the organization. The presser introducing the new GM should be very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeller28 View Post
    I remember the year they drafted Cadigan the guy they apparently really wanted was T Paul Gruber who had a very steady career in Tampa.
    Looks to me like Haight outlifted Gruber at the combine, Jets got the results of a steroids test for Haight which was positive and in classic NYJ fashion, drafted Haight anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Yup - and that's a GOOD thing! It's becoming obvious that Rex is not being aloud to hire anyone until the new GM is put in place. This leads me to believe that Rex will report to the new GM, not visa-versa. Woody may have guaranteed Rex's job for this year, but he never said Rex would be running the organization. The presser introducing the new GM should be very interesting!
    That's the impression I got from the presser. People here were way off iand misjudged Rex's and Woody's actual language as well as body language.

All League

I initially thought that as well but the pickings for assistants are slim and that is putting it mildly. I would have to guess that our HC search next January will mirror our GM search in its parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Ironically, both were PED creations. If you look at the picture of VG at OSU with his biceps bulging and then compare them to the shots of him later in the pros, I think it's clear he was juicing at OSU. Haight at least admitted it:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/27/sp...-steroids.html
    Cadigan used steroids and he still sucked?