Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/17

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Geez what the hell is taking so long
    Well If Idzik flew back to Seattle last night let him get his first cup of Starbucks down before finalizing everything.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The delay is actually due to Idzik getting his official snubbing papers filed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it isn't happening today. And maybe it never was going to happen today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    The delay is actually due to Idzik getting his official snubbing papers filed.
    Snub-tastic!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Richard Todd had this silly little habit of throwing the football to the other team.
    hmm, interesting. This phenomenon sounds familiar....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "Then in the off-season, the Denver Bronco's thought they saw something special in Matt Robinson. They traded their first and second round selection in the 1980 draft as well as quarterback Craig Penrose. Now lets just say that Penrose was a throw in, he attempted just 117 passes in his NFL career but the Jets had two extremely valuable picks in the 1980 draft for a mediocre at best signal caller in Robinson.

If only the Jets had used the picks a little more sensibly, instead the Jets sent their two first round picks (13th and 20th overall) to San Francisco for the second overall pick in the draft which they used to select Texas wide receiver Johnny "Lam" Jones. "
    Another little tidbit concerning Robinson was that he was the QB during one of the most impressive come-from-behind wins in Jets franchise history. This was against - you guessed it - the Broncos in 1978, and at Mile High no less. Jets were trailing 28-7 and came all the way back to win 31-28. I was in college and left my dorm in disgust while the Jets were getting hammered early, only to come back later that night and hear someone tell me that the Jets had won. Naturally I was convinced the guy was pulling my chain. So, my theory holds that Denver overpaid in the trade for Robinson based on that 1978 game. Same as Oakland was impressed with Lamont Jordan and had to have him after he torched the Raiders in a Jets win at the end of the '01 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Another little tidbit concerning Robinson was that he was the QB during one of the most impressive come-from-behind wins in Jets franchise history. This was against - you guessed it - the Broncos in 1978, and at Mile High no less. Jets were trailing 28-7 and came all the way back to win 31-28. I was in college and left my dorm in disgust while the Jets were getting hammered early, only to come back later that night and hear someone tell me that the Jets had won. Naturally I was convinced the guy was pulling my chain. So, my theory holds that Denver overpaid in the trade for Robinson based on that 1978 game. Same as Oakland was impressed with Lamont Jordan and had to have him after he torched the Raiders in a Jets win at the end of the '01 season.
    Wow, they really played a long con well in waiting to get us back until last year with Tebow. Well played Denver, well played.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Geez what the hell is taking so long
    Well, the only people who said this would get done today are the same reporters who have given us bad info for 2 weeks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Don't forget to add Jets were able to trade Robinson to Denver at end of 1979 for 2nd overall pick in 1980. Jets took Lam Jones, and passed on Anthony Munez.
    Not to mention, Art Monk was taken with the #18 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Or his agents are based on the west coast and have spent the morning review and negotiating the contract
    The West Coast time difference seems to have all signs pointing to Idzik, what else could explain the delay?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You know the answer to that! Does someone have to say it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Were we snubbed yet again?
    Our new mascot: Fireman Snub

S - N - U - B, Snub! Snub! Snub!

Our old mascot fireman went ahead and done snub'd us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    He telegraphed his throws which nobody knew until this@#$%&! pointed it out on national TV!

Ah yes. The same putz who said the Jets would lose the rest of their games in 1986 after winning our 10th game of the season and sitting at 10-1. Jinxed us!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love it when people fabricate news and then get upset when its taking too long to become reality.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Rex hasn't given his approval yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adbrandt: Once represented a player who had two children born four days apart. Busy week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    And the same as Ryan being impressed with the way Tebow ran all over his Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @adbrandt: Once represented a player who had two children born four days apart. Busy week.
    Uhh...ok?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Effective immediately I will no longer be working with SI_com

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Cromartie?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Don't forget to add Jets were able to trade Robinson to Denver at end of 1979 for 2nd overall pick in 1980. Jets took Lam Jones, and passed on Anthony Munez.
    A lot of people forget that in 1980 the Jets had a terrific O-Line and so, unfortunately, Munoz may have been BPA but as an O-lineman he wasn't a "need" - WR was, and in typical Jets fashion they grabbed the wrong one, and traded up to do it.