Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/17

Tweets and News 1/17

‏@Brian_Bassett
    Sad as I am to say, Gamble is out. It's coming down to two candidates for #Jets GM spot: #Seahawks John Idzik or Ted Sundquist.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is the same dude that said Gamble was a done deal. I'd be happy with either Idzik or Sundquist, but I doubt this is true.

Basset was snubbed by Gamble....even the beat writers are getting snubbed...SOJBW

I reallllly want Idzik. I would be pretty disappointed if it was Sundquist.

IF Bassett's report is true, we can't go wrong either way.

Either you're getting a proven commodity in Sundquist (my preference) or someone from the Seahawk organization, an organization I would LOVE to mirror (play very much like us, minus the QB situation), and someone who's had his hands in almost everything in that building.

Happy either way if this report is true and excited to hear who it will be hopefully by no later than this afternoon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    @Brian_Bassett
    Sad as I am to say, Gamble is out. It's coming down to two candidates for #Jets GM spot: #Seahawks John Idzik or Ted Sundquist.
    Wasn't this the muthaf'r who made the claim that Gamble was already chosen to be the GM?

I understand that mistakes are made, but he should probably bow out of the GM prognositication competition.

That being said, both these guys seem perfectly competent. I wouldn't mind Sundquist as I'd like to have a guy that's already been in the job and has legit scouting experience.

Sundquist is just overrated in my opinion. He had one very good draft, and the rest were unimpressive. He was also supposedly Shanny's b*tch when it came to final say.

I would be optimistic about the team going forward with either of these two men. 2014 will be a big off season for this franchise and this decision will lay the foundation for it.

I reallllly want Idzik. I would be pretty disappointed if it was Sundquist.
    Can I ask why? Sundquist is a baller. Makes smart trades, good drafter, lots of connections with other front offices throughout the league.

Plus he seems to recently have been publishing his thoughts on what he would do with different teams, he seems to be really level headed.

All Pro
    Wait, now Sundquist hasn't snubbed the Jets? I thought the only two unsnubbers left were Khan and Idzik. So Khan has snubbed the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I would be optimistic about the team going forward with either of these two men. 2014 will be a big off season for this franchise and this decision will lay the foundation for it.
    I concur ... 2013 really is meaningless ... Treat it like an extended preseason before we sign a long term head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Can I ask why? Sundquist is a baller. Makes smart trades, good drafter, lots of connections with other front offices throughout the league.

Plus he seems to recently have been publishing his thoughts on what he would do with different teams, he seems to be really level headed.
    Sundquist is just overrated in my opinion. He had one very good draft, and the rest were unimpressive. He was also supposedly Shanny's b*tch when it came to final say.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good logic, reciting the same two points over and over.

What happened to Omar Khan?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    You know the answer to that! Does someone have to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Good logic, reciting the same two points over and over.
    I am to lazy to re-write my exact feelings for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You know the answer to that! Does someone have to say it?
    Were we snubbed yet again?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post

Practice Squad
    I prefer Sundquist as well. If Shanny had the final say, then it's Shanny who had the unimpressive drafts.