Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey SAR...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey SAR...

About a week ago, you gave the Rex-ites a blank sheet to give the rest of JI 10 reasons why Rex is a "great" coach and why he should lead this team going forward. I myself was looking forward to some reasons as I can't think of one reason why that lard-@ss should still be here. Did you get any filled in sheets yet? (I'm guessing no lol)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of calling out a user you have beef with, why don't you PM them instead?

Beta as hell.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    About a week ago, you gave the Rex-ites a blank sheet to give the rest of JI 10 reasons why Rex is a "great" coach and why he should lead this team going forward. I myself was looking forward to some reasons as I can't think of one reason why that lard-@ss should still be here. Did you get any filled in sheets yet? (I'm guessing no lol)
    Reverse SAR-Callout-That-Actually-A-Ryan-Supporter-Callout-Thread.

Epic.

Ten reasons?

1. Top 10 Defenses every year since he's been here. His side of the ball, even this year, is not why we lose. with that said, he needs to do more on the other sides of the ball too.

2. I, for one, like the Defense Wins Championships, Ground Game-based Style. I want to see Rex be more involved on O 9at least making people accountable), but really I like winning with D and running. I'm old school.

3. I think the players do play well for him, despite claims of "lost the team" Ryan himself has made. May be too much of aplayers coach, and clearly loves some players too much, but I think job on the lne, he can fix that.

4. I think he's passionate about New York and the Jets, and truly cares about winning here. Of course, so would anyone we'd hope....but thats not always the case (i.e. see Mangini).

5. I'd like to see what a Ryan-led Team can do without Shotty/Sparano on O-Co.

6. I'd like to see what a Rayan-led Team can do without Mark (Worst QB Of Past 4 Years" at QB.

7. I think he's done well developing younger talent, especially on D, and we're young in alot of places. The process is only partially complete.

8. One losing year in four is not enough for me to fire (a second, in a row, tho, and he's a canned ham).

9. Revis back, Holmes back, hopefully Sanchez/Tebow gone, D looks good going forward (few holes to fill), I want to see Ryan again with that.

10. Who is a better option that is available/was available and was a realistic choice? If I heard a good enough name, I could be convinced to go with someone else.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Instead of calling out a user you have beef with, why don't you PM them instead?

Beta as hell.
    Beef? Sorry dude but JI ain't that serious for me to find beef with anyone on here. I just want to know if anyone gave 10 reasons for Rex being here as I haven't been on here for a while. So there's no beef there. No one here for me to call out either, sorry, it's not that serious.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Epic.

Ten reasons?

1. Top 10 Defenses every year since he's been here. His side of the ball, even this year, is not why we lose. with that said, he needs to do more on the other sides of the ball too.

2. I, for one, like the Defense Wins Championships, Ground Game-based Style. I want to see Rex be more involved on O 9at least making people accountable), but really I like winning with D and running. I'm old school.

3. I think the players do play well for him, despite claims of "lost the team" Ryan himself has made. May be too much of aplayers coach, and clearly loves some players too much, but I think job on the lne, he can fix that.

4. I think he's passionate about New York and the Jets, and truly cares about winning here. Of course, so would anyone we'd hope....but thats not always the case (i.e. see Mangini).

6. I'd like to see what a Rayan-led Team can do without Mark (Worst QB Of Past 4 Years" at QB.

7. I think he's done well developing younger talent, especially on D, and we're young in alot of places. The process is only partially complete.

8. One losing year in four is not enough for me to fire (a second, in a row, tho, and he's a canned ham).

9. Revis back, Holmes back, hopefully Sanchez/Tebow gone, D looks good going forward (few holes to fill), I want to see Ryan again with that.

10. Who is a better option that is available/was available and was a realistic choice? If I heard a good enough name, I could be convinced to go with someone else.
    Thank you. That's all I wanted to read. I wanted to read some new perspectives in a manner not couched in animosity.

Man, if it could only always be this simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Rex, but...

The Jets defense was middle of the pack in defensive scoring (Points allowed - Defensive and ST TDs) the last 2 years, and has acutally regressed in points and yards all 4 season

You may be old school, but the NFL isn't.

The Jets unquestionably played like dog**** the end of the last 2 seasons. They lost by more than 10 points 2 of final 3 games in 2011 and 2012 without playing a single team that won more than 9 games (Admittedly that was the Giants, but no one would argue that the Giants played 'well' that game)

Nominally relevent to being a good football coach.

After 4 seasons he has to take some responsibility for the offense

This is on Tannenbaum as much as Rex, since there really wasn't a good replacement. But, he is the one who has been firecely loyal to Sanchez. As little as we all think of Tebow, there's no reason that Sanchez should have started the last game of the season.

I can think of three guys (Wilkerson, Kerley, and Coples) who have really shown development (Plus Slauson arguably) in the 4 years since Rex was hired. Only Kerely has been a pick later than round 1 that has shown a whole lot. Greene hasn't really developed, same with Kyle Wilson, Ducasse, or Kendrick Ellis)

2 Non winning seasons in a row, is not good. Going 8-8 vs 7-9 isn't really a big change, but is that really enough to give Rex another change?

This still leaves the Jets without a viable QB and with only about $15M to pay 15 new players and 10 new starters (though we have to hope that some of the rookies from the last two seasons step up to a starting roll, like Demario Davis, Ducasse, Powell, and Coples)

This is closer to how I actually feel. Looking at the other coaches who were hired, and frankly I wasn't all that impressed. I don't see Kelly's offense working in the NFL, a CFL hire is incredibly risky, and the Bills/Browns hire both seem somewhat bizarre (limited success as a college coach/coordinator). I do like Andy Reid, but he certainly carries his own baggage and I don't think getting a fired coach without any break works out well for the new team (Mangini, Edwards, etc).

My feeling always was I think Rex can be a great coach, but he clearly isnt there. The new GM should have had free reign to hire whomever they wanted. But I don't really disagree with keeping Rex. But I do think most of your points are refutable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Rex starts the players who give the Jets the best chance to win even when everyone else thinks those players don't.
    2. Has no desire to kiss anyone's rings.
    3. Wears his loyalty on his upper sleeve...literally.
    4. Is not Rich Kotite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really have nothing to add to this particular topic but I would like to take this opportunity to say how much better this board has been over the last week or so since the bannings of Ray Ray19 and sg3.

That is all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    1. Rex starts the players who give the Jets the best chance to win even when everyone else thinks those players don't.
    4. Is not Rich Kotite.
    5. Walked into Foxboro and kicked the crap out of Brady in a playoff game
    6. Walked into Indy, and beat the best QB of our generation, P. Manning in a playoff game. Turned a Manning passing game to a ground game. Genius
    7. Walked into SD against the team with the best record in football, and beat them in the playoffs
    8. Does not use video to tape other teams practices
    9. Chooses not to video the other teams sideline
    10.Can beat any team in the league based on coaching, while being handcuffed on offense with a crap QB
    Fixed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Fixed
    Rex is certainly no Bill Belichick....yup, you sure got me there. I hope the Pats don't fire Rex's inferior.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    4. Is not Rich Kotite.
    Rex doesn't cheat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Rex doesn't cheat.
    Amen! Sign that man to a 15 year contract extension!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I like Rex, but...

The Jets defense was middle of the pack in defensive scoring (Points allowed - Defensive and ST TDs) the last 2 years, and has acutally regressed in points and yards all 4 season
    When your QB hands the ball to the other team on a regular basis, leaving the D with a short field to defend, Yardage D looks better, and Scoring D looks worse often

And I expect the regression. Rex inherited old players and they needed recycling or replacement. That process is well underway, and will continue in 2012 at LB (I believe). Also, losing Revis in 2012 (the worst scoring year) must also be considered outside Rex's control.

You may be old school, but the NFL isn't.
    Really? Last I checked half the playoff teams ere running a variant of the old College Option.

I agree the passing game MUST improve. It will never do so under Mark Sanchez in my opinion, so that is not a Rex/No Rex issue. It's a Sanchez issue.

The Jets unquestionably played like dog**** the end of the last 2 seasons. They lost by more than 10 points 2 of final 3 games in 2011 and 2012 without playing a single team that won more than 9 games (Admittedly that was the Giants, but no one would argue that the Giants played 'well' that game).
    I don't generally disagree. But there were factors involved beyond Rex IMO.

After 4 seasons he has to take some responsibility for the offense
    Yes. Should have been done sooner, obviously, and thats a more than legit criticism. As Head Coach he must take ownership of all aspects of play, not just Defense. He didn't.

This is on Tannenbaum as much as Rex, since there really wasn't a good replacement. But, he is the one who has been firecely loyal to Sanchez. As little as we all think of Tebow, there's no reason that Sanchez should have started the last game of the season.
    Yes, it's on Tanny as well, and I maintain the sanchez pick wasn;t "wrong". He just didn't work out (i.e. wring in hindsight, right at the time it was made).

But I disagree, clearly Tebow shows enough negative that he was never seriously considered as a QB, right or wrong will be decided by the rest of Tebow's career.

I can think of three guys (Wilkerson, Kerley, and Coples) who have really shown development (Plus Slauson arguably) in the 4 years since Rex was hired.
    Powell. McKnight. Wilkerson. Ellis. Coples. Kerley. Hill (I hope, this coming season). Revis is better (IMO) under Rex. Cromarties is much better (IMO) under Rex. And as old, slow and fail as our LB Corps is, they all play better than we should expect from old worn down JAG's under Rex than they would otherwise.

It's on O, clearly, that improvement must be made talent and evelopment wise.

Only Kerely has been a pick later than round 1 that has shown a whole lot. Greene hasn't really developed, same with Kyle Wilson, Ducasse, or Kendrick Ellis)
    The lack of performing late-rounders is a criticism, but I don't know how valid. How many teams are finding legit top-tier starters in Round 5, 6 or 7 really?

2 Non winning seasons in a row, is not good. Going 8-8 vs 7-9 isn't really a big change, but is that really enough to give Rex another change?
    Agree to disagree. This is a completely subjective question, and we can agree to hold different views on what is/isn't acceptable.

This still leaves the Jets without a viable QB and with only about $15M to pay 15 new players and 10 new starters (though we have to hope that some of the rookies from the last two seasons step up to a starting roll, like Demario Davis, Ducasse, Powell, and Coples)
    I'm not a GM nor a Cap man.

I want Sanchez no where near this team in 2012, or at worst, no where near the #1 QB spot in 2012. Period.

With that said, if we're forced to keep him, Rex is at least partly to blame for that, and his 2013 future will rest on Sanchez. If we lose, again, so be it, Rex gets fired with my full support.

This is closer to how I actually feel. Looking at the other coaches who were hired, and frankly I wasn't all that impressed.
    Nor have I been. And I discount the idea that a Cowher or Chucky or (lol) Bellichek were ever real-world options, no matter how much money of Woody's we spent on it for him.

My feeling always was I think Rex can be a great coach, but he clearly isnt there.
    Agreed, he's far from it at current, I freely admit.

I want to see one more year, hopefulyl mostly healthy (or at least injuries to less vital players), and less one Mark Sanchez. If Rex fails with that, it's a clear cut decision, can his ham.

The new GM should have had free reign to hire whomever they wanted.
    Also, 100% agreed. I would hope he'd keep Rex one more year, but I fully agree the new GM should have made that call, not Woody.

But I do think most of your points are refutable.
    I would hope so, total agreement across the board is boring.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about we change the thread to

"10 Reasons SAR Should Take a Break from Posting"

Here I'll start:

1.) Posts in topics that have nothing to do about Rex Ryan about Rex Ryan

2.) Gobbles up attention

3.) Says obvious outlandish things to get a rise out of people and forces them to respond in disbelief

4.) Refers to himself in 3rd person

5.) Roots against the Jets even when they still had a chance to make the playoffs

6.) Can never be wrong, and if he is, he would say "I was just saying that as a reverse jinx"

7.) Blames Sanchez's inaccuracies and horrible decision making on the Jets defense

8.) Derails every thread so everyone can go off topic and argue with him

9.) Makes ridiculous points as "Name me 10 things Rex Ryan is good at, but I can't tell you 10 things Sanchez is good at"

10.) Brags about his money in a nonchalant way, and talks down to other posters about his money.

Oh and ill throw in one more

11.) He's a closet Patriot fan

Whew, that wasn't so hard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes and the offense was pretty poor during mangini's 3 seasons too save for the favre year. the jets got rid of the main common thread in schitty and now another one in tannenbaum. cavanaugh is gone so it's very possible the offense could be on the rise assuming they can do something with sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Epic.

Ten reasons?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

Here I'll start:

2.) Gobbles up attention

3.) Says obvious outlandish things to get a rise out of people and forces them to respond in disbelief

5.) Roots against the Jets even when they still had a chance to make the playoffs

6.) Can never be wrong, and if he is, he would say "I was just saying that as a reverse jinx"

7.) Blames Sanchez's inaccuracies and horrible decision making on the Jets defense

9.) Makes ridiculous points as "Name me 10 things Rex Ryan is good at, but I can't tell you 10 things Sanchez is good at"

10.) Brags about his money in a nonchalant way, and talks down to other posters about his money.

It's a shtick, lighten up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Here I'll start:

2.) Gobbles up attention

Please post more often.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Troll

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Nope.

No one has come forward with a list of reasons why Rex Ryan is worthy of remaining head coach of the Jets.

Posting "I want to see what he looks like when he gets rid of everyone he hand-selected" 10x in different ways is not a valid answer.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I really have nothing to add to this particular topic but I would like to take this opportunity to say how much better this board has been over the last week or so since the bannings of Ray Ray19 and sg3.

That is all.
    Weren't they your boyfriends?