Thread: Who is this JackArse???

Veteran

Who is this JackArse???

This junk hardly deserves a place on JI. However I just can't shake my head all by myself. As bad as the beat-writer nonsense has been of late, this little piece is like an example of how to say nothing. Thanks alot 'definitive NY Jets blog!!" And by that I mean:

http://www.jetsgab.com/2013/01/17/he...-not-a-virtue/

Hey, Jets’ Fans! Losing Championship Games Is Not A Virtue!
    January 17th, 2013 Matt Loede Posted in Opinions
    By Martin Alvin

Jets’ fans deserve a lot better than they’re getting. After winning the 1968 Championship Game, and SB III, way back in 1969, and since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, the Jets have gone to only four AFC Championship Games — 1982, 1998, 2009 and 2010 — losing all four. In that same time period: the Steelers have gone to fifteen Championship Games, winning eight and six Super Bowls. The Cowboys have gone to fourteen Championship Games, winning eight and five Super Bowls. The 49ers have gone to thirteen Championship Games, winning five and five Super Bowls.

In the Jets’ own division: The Patriots have gone to seven Championship Games, winning six and three Super Bowls. The Dolphins have gone to seven Championship Games, winning five and two Super Bowls and the Bills have gone to four Championship Games — in a row — winning all four, but then losing four Super Bowls in a row.

But prior to Rex Ryan’s “could’a, would’a, should’a, almost-championship,” era — and two of those Championship Game losses — I never heard deserving Jets’ fans brag about their putrid Championship Game record. And that’s because most deserving Jets’ fans know that four Championship Game losses in four appearances, is not a virtue. Yet, now, incredibly, some deserving Jets fans, including some radio talk-shows hosts and some talking head, TV, guys, point to the last two Jets Championship Game losses as virtues.

So, aside from insanely elevating losses to wins, what’s wrong with that? I mean, after all, if deserving Jets fans, and Jets players, alike, are hungry for a championship, and willing to take some satisfaction in “could’a, would’a, should’a, almost-championships,” why not let them? If they want to feed their very legitimate hunger with illegitimate empty-calorie candy instead of a real meal, what’s the harm? If the Pollyanna voices coming from Florham Park and radio and TV convince them they’re not really hungry, so what?

The problem is, quite often, perception is reality. And a coach and an owner, who scam their fan base — and more importantly, their team, into believing they aren’t hungry, by feeding them candy-virtue — create a team that doesn’t believe it’s hungry. And a team that doesn’t believe it’s hungry, isn’t hungry. And a team that isn’t hungry doesn’t win championships. See Giants Gab: Hey, NY Giants, Wake The ‘F’ Up … Please!

Hey, Jets’ fans; losing Championship Games is not a virtue. Never was. Never will be. And only, when you and your team stop eating the candy, will you have a shot at a real, honest-to-God, very well-deserved, championship. You’ve waited long enough, haven’t you? Unfortunately, though, your Pollyanna Owner and Coach are still feeding you and the team empty-calories; and because of that, many deserving fans and players still feel well fed and full of virtue. And that, brothers and sisters, is bad news for deserving Jets’ fans everywhere. You deserve a lot better from your team. Can I get an amen?

who gives a sh!t.

haters gonna hate, as usual.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    who gives a sh!t.

haters gonna hate, as usual.
    You're right of course But it just steams me up.

Hall Of Fame
    Well to be fair, there is a certain segment of Jet fans who do speak of the two AFCCGs as if they were Super Bowl victories.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with that articvle, in fact, I agree 10000% with it.

The problem is some losers here accept losing.
    I hate losing and honestly cannot take much more of it. I cannot take many more seasons like the Buttfumble season.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well to be fair, there is a certain segment of Jet fans who do speak of the two AFCCGs as if they were Super Bowl victories.
    that's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They're far from it.

What they are is 2 more AFCCG's than most current NFL Coaches have, most colleg coaches have, or most previous Era's of Jets Coaches (including Tuna in his time here) had.

Success, all success, is relative. No, it's obviously not Super Bowl wins, and no right minded person would treat them as such. And yes, they are tarnished quite a bit by 8-8 and 6-10 behind them now.

But to diminish that we are a fanchise that simply NEVER made to even the AFCCG, pretty much ever, and even HOF'er Tuna could only get one before burning out in New York and handing Bellichek to the Pats with his bumbling failure.....a pair of back to back AFCCG cmapaigns is somethign I enjoyed the hell out of, and was (for a time) providing hope we might take that last step.

We didn't. Some hoep Rex still can, most don't. Thats fair enough.

But really, what makes us more deserving that other teams, plenty of whom (unlike his list of the greatest frnahcises in NFL history) have had FAR less success or competativeness the past 20 years than we have.

How many CCG's do the vanted Redskins have the past 20 years? The Seahawks got one....and lost int he Super Bowl, is that success or is that failure too (even worse than us, only one AFCCG and a Super Bowl loss). How about the Saints, one title (same as us) ever, not much else, ever. Cards? Falcons? Browns in this half-century? Bills, lol, 4 losses, same as us, no titles, less than us.

Really, the "Jets Fans Deserve better" argument is so much silly fluff. Success is earned, by teams and owners and frnahcises, not by fans.

Love the Mila Kunis gif. Thanks, adpz.

Veteran
    Ya, it's like if we aren't a top choice for the SB every year then we're a joke franchise, with lazy fans and everyone who works or plays for the team is a bum. And from a 'fan' site? Child, please . . .

Bart Scott got taken to task for mentioning the press as an issue/distraction this season. I have complained that the press was just as complicit in the Tebow hoopla as the owner; they wanted it as bad as he did and we're happy to see it crash-and-burn because stasis is what they fear the most: no story to write.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Haha - I actually thought of some of your posts. Looks good coming out of her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Haha - I actually thought of some of your posts. Looks good coming out of her mouth.
    What wouldn't?

Mila Kunis is gorgeous.

And I don't dislike this article because it makes me feel better that I'm not a Bills fan.

At least the Jets won ONE! The Bills lost 4 AFCCG's IN A ROW. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Mila Kunis is gorgeous.

And I don't dislike this article because it makes me feel better that I'm not a Bills fan.

Even just standing around in a pair of jeans, she's a goddess.

Mila Kunis is gorgeous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I find absolutely nothing wrong with that articvle, in fact, I agree 10000% with it.

The problem is some losers here accept losing.
    I hate losing and honestly cannot take much more of it. I cannot take many more seasons like the Buttfumble season.
    well said and I agree. This season got to me after all the years I have been a Jets fan. I started in 1960.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

By Martin Alvin
    I never trust anyone with two first names.

I find the timing of the article to be in very poor taste.

The Bills lost 4 AFCCG's IN A ROW. LOL.
    When?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Would you hit it?

Or maybe I should ask HOW MANY TIMES?