Thread: Whiz to the Bolts, Norv to the Browns

Veteran

Whiz to the Bolts, Norv to the Browns

Does that open the door to Hue Jackson coming here?

Pep Hamilton > Hue Jackson

Veteran
    I have to think the OC is heavily dependent on the GM.

BTW - weren't we supposed to hear today??

It's not just an OC hire, it's a strategic decision about what to do that extends past Rex but must also include him. A bunch of 'ifs'.

Hue Jackson isn't coming to the Jets, they haven't even hired a new GM yet. By the time they do, he will already be locked in to a new team.

Let's be honest, if you were Hue Jackson would you want to come work with a QB like Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Hue Jackson isn't coming to the Jets, they haven't even hired a new GM yet. By the time they do, he will already be locked in to a new team.

Let's be honest, if you were Hue Jackson would you want to come work with a QB like Sanchez?
    It's not like Hue Jackson has a strong position with The Bengals currently. He is an assistant db's coach. Hue could take the Carolina job.
    Last edited by LeonM; 01-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Does that open the door to Hue Jackson coming here?
    I wonder if the organization would consider Tom Moore. If there was ever someone who could live with being a 1 year coordinator. It is him.

Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post

If I was an OC and boldly claimed to Rex and the new GM that I could improve any of the three QB's on the roster, then even if the Jets sucked, I would be in line for almost immediate consideration for another head coaching position.

So, yeah. I would actually. In fact, I'd argue that only Cleveland or Jacksonville were even close to as appealing.

If Hugh were to fail this year, nobody would care anyway because the expectations would be zilch.

Veteran
    i think the jets are losing out on good coordinators because they don't know what their doing with a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    If I was an OC and boldly claimed to Rex and the new GM that I could improve any of the three QB's on the roster, then even if the Jets sucked, I would be in line for almost immediate consideration for another head coaching position.

So, yeah. I would actually. In fact, I'd argue that only Cleveland or Jacksonville were even close to as appealing.

If Hugh were to fail this year, nobody would care anyway because the expectations would be zilch.
    ^^^Good one^^^

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i think the jets are losing out on good coordinators because they don't know what their doing with a GM.
    He who hesitates is lost as the expression goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Darn. Would loved to have had a 'Whiz' at OC. If Izzy gets hired, The Jets could have been the only team with all those Zzzzzz's in their names.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Who are we missing out on? Norv & Whisenhut weren't coming here. The favorites are Pep Hamilton (my choice - potential future HC, has Jet ties) and Mohringweg. I'm not worried about it. Let the new GM have some input.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Pep Hamilton > Hue Jackson
    Why do you feel that/

Norv to Browns is a great fit. Their offense will be very good.