Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Jets could offer Idzik the GM job tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Try some of this....

lol well played

All League
    The wait is a long one...especially now since they have stated they have their guy....so now, you have to close him and get him to sign on the ****ing dotted line. Enough is enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Plese explain why he flied across country 2 times to interview? to delcine the job once its offered to him? It does'nt makes sense - but not much makes sense with the Jets anyway so I will give you that. If he does decline then something is seriously wrong with Woody's vision of how this organization should be run. Roger Goodell needs to step in and make Woody sell!
    Apparently NFL executives love to tool Woody. It's probably an inside thing. First BB then Groh, then Herm and my guess is Mangini actually quit and wasn't fired.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    The wait is a long one...especially now since they have stated they have their guy....so now, you have to close him and get him to sign on the ****ing dotted line. Enough is enough already.
    I'm with you. Something not feeling right here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm with you. Something not feeling right here.
    Exactly.

Thank you.

The silence is deafening at this point in the game.

Exactly.

Thank you.

The silence is deafening at this point in the game.
    It doesn't matter.

Somebody is going to end up with the job at some point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    New avatar for ya buddy....

More like this:

Jets Insider VIP
    If in fact the Jets offer Idzk the job, the only way he turns it down is if Seattle offers him more money and he still has an out to get a GM gig somewhere else next year and beyond.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    More like this:

Don't need that. I've got plenty of that.

Listen to me is more appropriate.

SAR I

First, you're assuming these media reports are correct, which given the past 3 weeks is probably a faulty assumption, we've had 7 different frontrunners/finalists during this GM search according to the media.

But if it is, and I suspect this one actually is, it's still not as simple as something that can come together in 15 minutes. There's still a contract that needs to be worked out. I's to dot, T's to cross.

My guess is something will be announced tonight, just have some ****ing patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    First, you're assuming these media reports are correct, which given the past 3 weeks is probably a faulty assumption, we've had 7 different frontrunners/finalists during this GM search according to the media.

But if it is, and I suspect this one actually is, it's still not as simple as something that can come together in 15 minutes. There's still a contract that needs to be worked out. I's to dot, T's to cross.

My guess is something will be announced tonight, just have some ****ing patience.
    I'm not a Doctor....

Jets are very media savvy and could easily have pushed off finalizing the deal until today so as to avoid conflicting with the Mantei/Armstsrong stories.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    After two interviews spanning two weeks, ya think he's waiting until now to discuss this with his family? He once went from Tampa to Seattle so it's not like he's never done it before. It is a major career advancement. If he declines the job I'd be surprised (but not shocked - this is the Jets we're talking about here!). If he does decline, than someone on the Jets side is making a serious mistake offering him the job. It's one thing to be declined by Caldwell who had another job offer in hand, it's another to be declined by Idzik who doesn't. If I'm Woody/KF, you don't offer Idzik the job unless you're sure he's gonna take it.
    I am sure terms weren't discussed after the first interview. I am sure it is possible that the terms of the contract (money, years, power, and other incentives) are being discussed with his family. Even though he has done it once, it's been a while since that move to Seattle.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Jets are very media savvy and could easily have pushed off finalizing the deal until today so as to avoid conflicting with the Mantei/Armstsrong stories.
    + there were two other PC's yesterday..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

@JedHughesKF: 2012-13 NFL Playoff TV ratings predictably huge, but not up. http://t.co/Cm25yaDX

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah I am sure that happened.

HELLLLOOOO OUR OWNER IS WOODY ****ING JOHNSON!

All Pro
    The guy came over here to Scotland once for a job. He has worked in just about all corners of the US. I don't think the prospect of moving from West Coast to East Coast for a big promotion and the chance to run his own team is going to freak him out too much.

Idzik and his lawyers are probably getting in his contract that he has final say on all personnel decisions. They are probably putting that on every page in 48 bolded font

I hate to defend our management clowns, but they never claimed to be announcing a GM by a certain date. All we are going on is speculation from media people that have shown to be wrong several times in this process.

The media reports have continuously contradicted one another. Not only that, but they throw their negative spin on everything. Hilariously they quote each other as sources. It's irresponsible reporting to say the least.

Scott Salmon ‏@salmon48
    Woody Johnson's private jet is currently enroute to Everett, WA, which is about 30 minutes from Seattle. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJM826