Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 288

Thread: Schefter: Jets could offer Idzik the GM job tonight

  1. #61
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you're right.


    as the Beatles used to say, "Quit playing games with my heart."
    Wasn't that the Backstreet Boys?

    (was forced to go to a Backstreet Boys concert with my daughters back in the day when they were white hot )

  2. #62
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37477
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Only Jet beatwriter I take seriously is Connor Orr. He's one of the only ones that doesn't seem to act like a dick.
    Connor will be joining us on JI Radio tonight....be sure to tune in.

  3. #63
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Prolly tough for him to leave a great, young Seattle team that he has had a major part in building. They are in position to be an elite team for the next 5 years. Could be a dynasty in the making.
    It's a big jump in job title and money.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It's a big jump in job title and money.
    Keyword:

  5. #65
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's exactly why I rarely post here anymore.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings."

    He's a god damn operations manager, not a player personnel guy.

    Rex Ryan is The Devil.

    SAR I

    Typical lazy fans AND media who don't bother to look into the guy's experience....


    Prior to joining the Seahawks, Idzik spent three seasons as Senior Director of Football Operations for the Arizona Cardinals, helping to build an eventual NFC champion. Idzik entered the NFL in 1993 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent 11 years with the Buccaneers, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant and then was elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996 and Assistant General Manager in 2001. Prior to his tenure with the Buccaneers, Idzik spent the 1991-92 seasons as a graduate assistant coach at Duke University, where he assisted with the offensive line and running backs. In 1990 he was the offensive backfield coach for the Aberdeen Oilers (Scotland) of the British American Football League. Idzik’s first coaching assignment came in 1982 as receivers coach at the State University of New York at Buffalo.

    http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff/J...0-c4b074b07c45

  7. #67
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL!

    I love you, too (no homo).

  8. #68
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Typical lazy fans AND media who don't bother to look into the guy's experience....


    Prior to joining the Seahawks, Idzik spent three seasons as Senior Director of Football Operations for the Arizona Cardinals, helping to build an eventual NFC champion. Idzik entered the NFL in 1993 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent 11 years with the Buccaneers, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant and then was elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996 and Assistant General Manager in 2001. Prior to his tenure with the Buccaneers, Idzik spent the 1991-92 seasons as a graduate assistant coach at Duke University, where he assisted with the offensive line and running backs. In 1990 he was the offensive backfield coach for the Aberdeen Oilers (Scotland) of the British American Football League. Idzik’s first coaching assignment came in 1982 as receivers coach at the State University of New York at Buffalo.

    http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff/J...0-c4b074b07c45
    CMart. He's just doing his typical trolling schtick. And he's sitting there touching himself as he gets the attention he craves. (I know you like me Scott. I'm just being real).

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    John's too busy throwing FOUR TOUCHDOWNS A GAME, JODRY!

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wasn't that the Backstreet Boys?

    Wanna know how I know you're gay?

  11. #71
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL!

    I love you, too (no homo).
    That's too bad.



  12. #72
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    CMart. He's just doing his typical trolling schtick. And he's sitting there touching himself as he gets the attention he craves. (I know you like me Scott. I'm just being real).
    I copy/pasted the man's bio from the COMPANY HE WORKS FOR, the Seattle Seahawks.

    I never heard of the guy. I did a Googlie search for him, up came the Seattle bio, copy/paste, share, done.

    What is the controversy in that? He hasn't even snubbed us yet.

    SAR I

  13. #73
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    John's too busy throwing FOUR TOUCHDOWNS A GAME, JODRY!
    Actually, I've been traveling a lot. I was on over 100 flights last year.

    Throw in the fact the team sucks, and the typical insufferable posters ruining the place, and there you go.

    I do miss some of the chats. This place is still the most interesting.

  14. #74
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Knock it off.

    I'll trust Korn and Ferry on this one.

    Their reputation is on the line and without that, they have nothing.
    The fact that I've been approached by Korn/Ferry on more than one occasion doesn't rate with you?

    SAR I

  15. #75
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Wanna know how I know you're gay?
    I had to take one for the team.

    As I was leaving the concert, I saw a friend and he was with his daughters too. We just looked at each other and we were like, "You're secret's safe with me bro."

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    But JUST IN CASE, he should say no to the job, it's good to have a backup plan ready to go. That might be why they haven't offered him the job yet. To set up their options.


    Woody's no fool when it comes to publicity and the press. He knows what the media's been saying.

  17. #77
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I copy/pasted the man's bio from the COMPANY HE WORKS FOR, the Seattle Seahawks.

    I never heard of the guy. I did a Googlie search for him, up came the Seattle bio, copy/paste, share, done.

    What is the controversy in that? He hasn't even snubbed us yet.

    SAR I
    Nice try.

    The paragraph I quoted is from the SAME EXACT BIO FROM THE SEAHAWKS.

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Actually, I've been traveling a lot. I was on over 100 flights last year.

    Throw in the fact the team sucks, and the typical insufferable posters ruining the place, and there you go.

    I do miss some of the chats. This place is still the most interesting.
    I can see how that would take up one's time. Can also understand why one might take a break from this place once in a while, lol.

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets expected to make offer to Seahawks executive John Idzik to be next G.M. Story: http://nydn.us/13JBJzh #nyj

  20. #80
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Actually, I've been traveling a lot. I was on over 100 flights last year.

    Throw in the fact the team sucks, and the typical insufferable posters ruining the place, and there you go.

    I do miss some of the chats. This place is still the most interesting.
    Hey, maybe you haven't heard. Ray Ray and sg3 are banned.

    I'm buying the first round!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us