Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Jets could offer Idzik the GM job tonight

All League
    why is this taking so ****ing long? It's starting to get really ****ing annoying now.

Not a horrible move and all but assures Rex will be cast aside after 2013. Idzik could bring Darrell Bevell.

All League
    I bet any amount of money at this point that this guy will decline our job offer....who wants to bet? Seriously. It is going to happen, just a matter of when and how.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I bet any amount of money at this point that this guy will decline our job offer....who wants to bet? Seriously. It is going to happen, just a matter of when and how.

Plese explain why he flied across country 2 times to interview? to delcine the job once its offered to him? It does'nt makes sense - but not much makes sense with the Jets anyway so I will give you that. If he does decline then something is seriously wrong with Woody's vision of how this organization should be run. Roger Goodell needs to step in and make Woody sell!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Plese explain why he flied across country 2 times to interview? to delcine the job once its offered to him? It does'nt makes sense - but not much makes sense with the Jets anyway so I will give you that. If he does decline then something is seriously wrong with Woody's vision of how this organization should be run. Roger Goodell needs to step in and make Woody sell!
    It's the ****ing Jets man...would you seriously be surprised? Why the **** else would this **** be taking so ****ing long? Come on man.

Practice Squad
    It's the ****ing Jets man...would you seriously be surprised? Why the **** else would this **** be taking so ****ing long? Come on man.
    Calm down. If Woody had hired a GM 2 days after the season you would've ripped the team for making a hasty decision. Now they're taking their time and getting a lot of qualified candidates in for interviews while keeping the media out and you're all complaints?

Flied across to delcine huh? Yep it does'nt make sense. Not even spell check can save Jets fans.

Veteran
    When did he flied, I thought he drived.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Calm down. If Woody had hired a GM 2 days after the season you would've ripped the team for making a hasty decision. Now they're taking their time and getting a lot of qualified candidates in for interviews while keeping the media out and you're all complaints?
    They targeted their guy. Now it is time to go in for the kill and do not take NO or an answer.

Just watch how this all goes down...I hope I am wrong, but watch...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    When did he flied, I thought he drived.
    Hhmmmmm, is it sh*tted or shat?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings."

He's a god damn operations manager, not a player personnel guy.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    New avatar for ya buddy....

Veteran
    They targeted their guy. Now it is time to go in for the kill and do not take NO or an answer.

Just watch how this all goes down...I hope I am wrong, but watch...
    It is possible, since he lives in Seattle, that he wanted to go home and talk everything over with his family before making a decision. I would think that moving from the extreme west coast to the extreme east coast is a big move not just for him but his family as well. They probably told him to take the night and let them know by this afternoon. If he declines they still have Khan as the backup candidate. There was a report yesterday that Khan had not heard anything from the Jets about any decision so in my opinion that means they are keeping him in their back pocket in case Idzik turns them down. But I think rationally so I'm probably wrong.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Hhmmmmm, is it sh*tted or shat?
    When you flied it is sh!tted and when u drived it is shat, the only exception is when you rided your bike it could be both.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    New avatar for ya buddy....

or this guy

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    It is possible, since he lives in Seattle, that he wanted to go home and talk everything over with his family before making a decision. I would think that moving from the extreme west coast to the extreme east coast is a big move not just for him but his family as well. They probably told him to take the night and let them know by this afternoon. If he declines they still have Khan as the backup candidate. There was a report yesterday that Khan had not heard anything from the Jets about any decision so in my opinion that means they are keeping him in their back pocket in case Idzik turns them down. But I think rationally so I'm probably wrong.
    After two interviews spanning two weeks, ya think he's waiting until now to discuss this with his family? He once went from Tampa to Seattle so it's not like he's never done it before. It is a major career advancement. If he declines the job I'd be surprised (but not shocked - this is the Jets we're talking about here!). If he does decline, than someone on the Jets side is making a serious mistake offering him the job. It's one thing to be declined by Caldwell who had another job offer in hand, it's another to be declined by Idzik who doesn't. If I'm Woody/KF, you don't offer Idzik the job unless you're sure he's gonna take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    well i can go on cam and take a shower for you if you want to watch me shower that bad LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    it's cool you both could watch me shower on cam lol
    Anyone else noticing a trend here?

I'm worried that there's still no movement.

The 1st thing I can think of is counter offer for more money at his old position where he would not have to uproot his family. The other thing may center around responsibilities, maybe he needed time to think something over or Maybe Woody had to. He could want final say on personnel, not just draft picks. Coaches sometimes want to keep the steady vet rather than the kid that may have some upside.

He is not a kid out of college looking for his first job, his career has been a series of higher steps, he is probably very confident in his ability to grow either in Seattle or somewhere else. He fails here he will not get another shot as playing in NY, your successes and failures get magnified

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm worried that there's still no movement.
    Try some of this....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It's not tough. Only a fool would pass up a GM spot when he's hot.

Why would someone come in for two interviews if he didn't want the job.

Cimini is a tool and has to somehow infuse something negative to a hire.
    Not to mention his jimmies are probably rustled because the information flow from Jets HQ has obviously been plugged up that last few weeks.