Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cap manager what a joke

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    was not referring to him directly but the concept of a cap guy in general-we need a guy that judges talent and has a history of building a team through the draft and free agency

but since you went there I will throw this out there and can find a million just like it

Seahawks cap guru John Idzik has emerged as the favorite for the Jets' general manager job.
    Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Idzik has overtaken in-house candidate Scott Cohen and Pittsburgh's Omar Khan as the "clear frontrunner" to replace Mike Tannenbaum in New York. Schefter reports Idzik could be offered the job "as early as tonight." Idzik's title with Seattle is "VP of Football Administration." He has little to no background as an evaluator of personnel and talent.
    More negative spin from the media. People who work in the media either fail to do their homework or don't feel like reporting facts. It's one or the other.

How is a guy who was a football player, coach and top football executive for several years an MBA guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    More negative spin from the media. People who work in the media either fail to do their homework or don't feel like reporting facts. It's one or the other.

How is a guy who was a football player, coach and top football executive for several years an MBA guy.
    Professionals who's job it is to cover the NFL.

Fans on a message board.

Gee, not sure who I should listen to. Hmm. Tough one.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post

The 2nd one.

It's like the entire Media and all the beat writers share SAR's Brain or something.

Scary.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    MBA my ass...
    Thank you K-Met,, thank you so much. I have been sitting here for 10min desporatley holding back. That top school just read this post and has already changed their name and address.