Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media narrative already starting to form

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The jets have not even made an official announcement on who their next GM will be and already the gossip columnists are creating their own version of reality.

At this point information is pointing to the hiring of Idzik as GM although nothing hs been made official yet. But that has not stopped fiction writers like rich cimini, Gary Myers and manish Mehta from creating a fictional narrative about the potential hire. They refer to him as a cap guy, despite him spending 11 years working the personnel side for Tampa Bay. Even national writers at rotoworld have labeled Idzik a cap guru only in their daily jets bashing blurbs.

The jets organization has done itself no favors by its actions over The past few seasons much to the delight of the gossip columnists posing as reporters that cover the team. But it's unfortunate when the team attempts to do the correct thing in hiring a promising candidate at a vital position, only to have the gossip columnists create a false narrative to fit the jets circus story that has become profitable for them.
    Facts never get in the way for these guys, every time
    a so called sports journalist makes a factual mistake
    they should be called out, ESPN makes huge factual
    errors all the time, its no big deal today the media
    has no integrity so it doesn't matter, we expect nothing
    and get less.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    SAR stop ****ting on every thread or I will ban you...the shtick is painful at this point, for the membership and the mods
    Jetswin for admin (sooth is gonna exile me for this one lol or perhaps snub me )! Thank god, someone had to say it already. The same posts again and again and again... sigh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The record speaks for itself, it's been over 10 years since this guy was intimately involved in understanding college talent and picking players. The Seahawks have a GM, that's his job. This guy was making sure that contracts were being signed, the cap was under control, the office staff bought enough Windex, that the charter jet was booked, and that the toilet paper was stocked properly in the bathrooms.

Our owner is going in a bizarre direction. It is perfectly normal for fans and the media to call that out. You guys are living in a dream world where everything is everybody's fault except Rex Ryan. Next year, you'll be singing a different tune.

SAR I

The guy hasn't even been hired yet, and you've already formed an opinion of him, before he has even had a press conference.

Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

The guy hasn't even been hired yet, and you've already formed an opinion of him, before he has even had a press conference.

Unreal.
    What would be funny is if the "media narrative" is that the Jets haven't offered the job to John Idzik but by the media reporting it. They can say Idzik turned the Jets down and the Jets settled on someone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im ok with this hire as long as he brings in his own scouts. Get buttway and the other clowns out of here.

FIRE EVERYONE

CUT 'EM ALL!!!

Banned
    You could at least read my posts before responding or engaging in personal attacks.

The guy has 11 years of player personnel experience. The issue is it's been 10 years since he was intimately involved on that side of the front office. If he were such a hot shot helping build the Super Bowl team in Tampa bay, why didn't he become a GM then? Why did he move laterally and become the head of football operations instead?

This guy is a "C" level candidate of no interest. The only reason for any pseudo-optimism is because the Seahawks look like a good team and he is helped by that association. As we hypothesized three weeks ago when Rex Ryan was retained, no one is going to want this job and we are going to wind up settling for the wrong person and someone who is going to be a dice roll project.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this. But I know what I read, and I know what I hear, and everyone is singing the same story.

Everyone, except you.

SAR I
    The ironic thing about SAR is that he is more of an attention whore then Rex Ryan. You know, the guy he kills for always looking for attention.

SAR stop ****ting on every thread or I will ban you...the shtick is painful at this point, for the membership and the mods
    Give him a break .. It's that time of the month.

Does it really matter who the Jets hire anymore? The media will kill anyone the Jets hire.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Finally a voice of reason.

His stupidity stopped being funny 3 years ago.

Thanks jw.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.

The day I look under SAR's name(status) and see the word "Banned" instead of whatever else is written there will be the happiest days of my life here at JI. SERIOUSLY.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The day I look under SAR's name(status) and see the word "Banned" instead of whatever else is written there will be the happiest days of my life here at JI. SERIOUSLY.
    That makes two of us - and I have no doubt there are alot more of us here that feel the same way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There is a god.

Please make this board readable again.

The jets have not even made an official announcement on who their next GM will be and already the gossip columnists are creating their own version of reality.

At this point information is pointing to the hiring of Idzik as GM although nothing hs been made official yet. But that has not stopped fiction writers like rich cimini, Gary Myers and manish Mehta from creating a fictional narrative about the potential hire. They refer to him as a cap guy, despite him spending 11 years working the personnel side for Tampa Bay. Even national writers at rotoworld have labeled Idzik a cap guru only in their daily jets bashing blurbs.

The jets organization has done itself no favors by its actions over The past few seasons much to the delight of the gossip columnists posing as reporters that cover the team. But it's unfortunate when the team attempts to do the correct thing in hiring a promising candidate at a vital position, only to have the gossip columnists create a false narrative to fit the jets circus story that has become profitable for them.
    Certainly not just the media.

Saw the usual suspect(s) here already loudly proclaiming it bad, bad, bad. Hiring an accountant. Etc, etc, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    There are far worse posters than SAR. Although those "men" are on vacation and I applaud whoever responsible.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    Thank you!

+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Ljr

Intelligent Post, Intelligent (LOL)! You're right - good reporters seem to be a thing of the past, and ESPN / Sports Media are just as bad as gossip columnists. At least news reporters are held to a higher standard - didn't Dan Rather get fired for reporting false information a year or two ago? But nothing happens to these sports guys - they're not held accountable for the damage they do. Especially with the "anonymous sources" on the Jets - I bet most of those are made up.

See, because I didn't do my due diligence, I didn't know that Idzik was a football guy before he became a personnel / cap guy. That makes a big difference. Assuming his past football experience was in evaluating and scouting talent. Oh crap, now I'll have to fact check your post LOLOL! But even without verifying your report, I tend to believe it as you have more integrity than these TMZ Sports Reporters.

24 hour news and sports channels killed investigative journalism. They need fodder to blab about 24/7, and how much real stuff is there to talk about? I'm sure a lot of it is imaginary. Geez, I just had a flashback to the 24/7 news coverage of Chandra Levy, when the news media made Congressman Condit look guilty as heck for years until her murder was finally solved. Did any of them lose their jobs? No. And don't get me started on Nancy Grace - it's all about "Baby Skye" until the next missing kid ... then you never find out what happened to "Baby Skye".

I don't respect journalists anymore. Now I'm going to listen to the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry", cuz it's true.

Even national writers at rotoworld have labeled Idzik a cap guru only in their daily jets bashing blurbs.

Yeah, that was a major head-scratcher when I read that today too.

At this point, I figured that'd be something done by the subhumans in the NY papers, but I was a little annoyed when Roto said that because I respect the hell out of those guys.

Meanwhile, Cleveland hasn't hired a GM yet and you don't hear or see boo about it.

Maybe the narrative is taking form because it already exists.

There is no conspiracy here people. Nobody is out to get the Jets. If anything, the media has been more than patient especially in light of all of Rex Ryan's antics over the past three seasons.

The narrative exists because the candidate that we are focusing on is simply not a pro player personnel guy. The record speaks for itself, it's been over 10 years since this guy was intimately involved in understanding college talent and picking players. The Seahawks have a GM, that's his job. This guy was making sure that contracts were being signed, the cap was under control, the office staff bought enough Windex, that the charter jet was booked, and that the toilet paper was stocked properly in the bathrooms.

Our owner is going in a bizarre direction. It is perfectly normal for fans and the media to call that out. You guys are living in a dream world where everything is everybody's fault except Rex Ryan. Next year, you'll be singing a different tune.

SAR I

Except for the fact that your anti-Rex narrative contradicts the opinion of the head editor at Rotoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Exactly Tannenbaum was a cap guy with pro-player personal responsabilities well before he took his job as GM. As you pointed out Tanny did a great job and we are replacing him with a guy with a very similiar background.

Good move Woody!
    Except that Idzik actually played college football and has been working in the NFL for 20 years. Oh, and his father was in the business his whole life.

He's much more than "just a cap guy."

If anything, Khan is the guy much more closely related to Tannenbaum.