Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Science Fact that Might be Hard to Swallow

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

A Science Fact that Might be Hard to Swallow

Semen is 'good for women's health and helps fight depression'

Oral sex is good for women's health and makes you feel happier, according to a study which studied the effects of semen's 'mood-altering chemicals'.

The State University of New York study - which scientists carried out via survey rather than through practical experiment - compared the sex lives of 293 females to their mental health.

It follows research which shows that seminal fluid contains chemicals that elevate mood, increase affection, induce sleep and also contain at least three anti-depressants.

The researchers also claim that women who have regular unprotected sex are less depressed and perform better on cognitive tests.

Semen contains another of chemicals along with spermatozoa, including cortisol, which is known to increase affection, estrone, which elevates mood and oxytocin, which also elevates mood.

It also contains thyrotropin-releasing hormone (another antidepressant), melatonin (a sleep-inducing agent), and even serotonin (perhaps the best-known antidepressant neurotransmitter).

Given these ingredients - and this is just a small sample of the mind-altering 'drugs' found in human semen - Researchers Gallup and Burch, along with the psychologist Steven Platek, hypothesised that women having unprotected sex should be less depressed than suitable control participants.

To investigate whether semen has antidepressant effects, the authors rounded up 293 college females from the university's Albany campus, who agreed to fill out an anonymous questionnaire about various aspects of their sex lives.

Recent sexual activity without condoms was used as an indirect measure of seminal plasma circulating in the woman’s body.

Each participant also completed the Beck Depression Inventory, a commonly used clinical measure of depressive symptoms.

The most significant findings from this study, published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, were that, even after adjusting for frequency of sexual intercourse, women who engaged in sex and 'never' used condoms showed significantly fewer depressive symptoms than did those who 'usually' or 'always' used condoms.

Importantly, these chronically condom-less, sexually active women also evidenced fewer depressive symptoms than did those who abstained from sex altogether.

By contrast, sexually active heterosexual women, including self-described 'promiscuous' women, who used condoms were just as depressed as those practicing total abstinence.

The research suggests it is not just that women who are having sex are simply happier, but that happiness levels might be related to the quantity of semen within their body.

THE BENEFITS OF SEMEN'

Other recent findings from Gallup’s laboratory suggest that semen-exposed women perform better on concentration and cognitive tasks and that women’s bodies can detect 'foreign' semen that differs from their long-term or recurrent sexual partner’s signature semen.

They suggest the ability to detect foreign sources is an evolved system that often leads to unsuccessful pregnancies - via greater risk of preeclampsia - because it signals a disinvested male partner who is not as likely to provide for the offspring.

Their findings also suggest that women who have unprotected sex with their partners - and therefore are getting regularly inseminated by them - experience more significant depression on breaking up with these men than those who were not as regularly exposed to an ex’s semen, and that they also go on the rebound faster in seeking new sexual partners.

link

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be good for her skin as well....! "Pearl Necklace", anyone?

"you likely heard claims that semen is good for the skin–from companies bottling it up and selling it as face cream {wasn’t that from Sex and the City?} to your boyfriends and husbands touting the unending benefits of the sticky substance. Meanwhile, you actually may have been wondering not if semen is good for the skin, but if it could actually be harmful to your skin–will it irritate? Will it make you break out? Are there dangers involved?
    What are the components of semen?

Semen is composed of seven basic types of chemicals: acids, bases, sugars, enzymes, hormones, proteins, and salts.
    Acids? That sounds irritating.

The acids include organic acids, like citric acid and amino acids. At low levels, these chemicals have very little effect on the skin. The bases include amines, which need to be alkaline to make sure the sperm has a fighting chance to get where they are intended to go. But alkaline doesn’t do much for the skin. {It’s the opposite effect you get from alpha hydroxy acids.}
    Sugars? That sounds sweet.

The main sugar in semen is fructose, which is the primary energy source for sperm cells. While it functions well as an energy source metabolized by cells, it won’t do much sitting on the surface of your skin. At best, it could provide some humectant properties to bind moisture to your skin; at worst, it leaves a sticky film.
    Hormones? As in hormone therapy?

Prostaglandin hormones are helpful in procreation because they suppress immune responses caused by foreign bodies–in this case, semen. But there really isn’t any benefit to applying these hormones topically.
    What else is in there?

Other components of semen include mucus and texturizing proteins that, in theory, could form a film on the skin that would act as a moisture reservoir. But, to have any substantial effect, they would have to be spread in a uniform layer across your entire face. {Ewww!}
    The Bottom Line

Scientifically speaking, there isn’t really anything wrong with putting semen on your face. {Although we wouldn’t recommend doing it casually–semen is a carrier for STDs!} There may even be some minor moisturizing benefit to be had, but there are also no definite advantages {despite what your partner might tell you}. A good face cream {the ones you buy at the store} will do a much better job!"

~Ashley Taylor

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Printed and posted it on the fridge for the wife to see.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the rate we are going, this will be our only purpose in the future.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Printed and posted it on the fridge for the wife to see.

F*ck that noise. I'm going to wake my wife up now.

Early bird gets the facial.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My girlfriend is coming over... I'm gonna leave this up on the computer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

tell Lennay i said hello.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    LMFAO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahahahahahahaha!

It's the placebo effect LOL.
    I'm sure it would definitely make MEN happier and all!

But in all seriousness, it would be very hard to substantiate this "study". Women who have unprotected sex are usually with a long-term partner or a husband, which is already proven to increase life span. Women in long-term relationships are usually happier than single women. Most women who have protected intercourse are not in a long-term exclusive relationship and therefore may have more of a tendency to be depressed.

On the other hand, it is absolutely good for the skin.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna start selling my cum on ebay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I'm gonna start selling my cum on ebay.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Timmy®; 01-18-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He'll be one of my biggest customers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    thought she was dead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BOOM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhh sh!t! Shots fired

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

More likely, Lenny.

Btw, Southside strikes me as the kind of guy that would try to invent a pill form of this.

-