Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of 'quality players

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    ray Lewis never wanted to leave the Ravens.If he did,he would have been a Jet, Loyalty is important to some people.
    That's not true, he wanted to come with Rex and was pissed at Rex for not offering him a contract

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    ray Lewis never wanted to leave the Ravens.If he did,he would have been a Jet, Loyalty is important to some people.
    That is not true at all. Lewis openly stated he would come play for Rex, and his contract was up and could have signed here. Rex was on Bart's dorrstep at midnight when FA opened. Rex didn't even consider Ray over Bart. Now to be honest at the time I don't think anyone expected Ray to continue to play at such a high level until now, nor did anyone expect Bart to suddenly develop a load of bricks in his pants in the same timeframe, but fact is Ray would have signed here if we paid him and Rex wanted him.

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Okay

    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    That is not true at all. Lewis openly stated he would come play for Rex, and his contract was up and could have signed here. Rex was on Bart's dorrstep at midnight when FA opened. Rex didn't even consider Ray over Bart. Now to be honest at the time I don't think anyone expected Ray to continue to play at such a high level until now, nor did anyone expect Bart to suddenly develop a load of bricks in his pants in the same timeframe, but fact is Ray would have signed here if we paid him and Rex wanted him.
    okay,i stand corrected. The reason you stated are the only reason i could think of,as to why it was Scott and not Lewis.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The only reason this thread was created is because Teblow's name was mentioned.

    That's the main issue here, not Bart Scott.

    You Teblow fans are unreal.....

    Mention the guy's name once and you all come running like a pack of dogs in heat....
    Counting the days until Tebow is released and his handful of groupies on this board make their exit. Nothing personal, but we all know their agenda and that they couldn't give a rat's ass about the Jets.

  5. #65
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart sux farts out of corpses.....discuss

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thats funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Bart sux farts out of corpses.....discuss
    The fact that a thought like that crosses through your brain says alot about you,and nothing about Bart Scott. Ask mommy to buy you a new bib, your old ones too dirty

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Bart sux farts out of corpses.....discuss
    Redrew?

    Sound more like Retard, that was one stupid post.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Bart--old useless cap dragging dudes like you. Good bye---

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yeah Bart--old useless cap dragging dudes like you. Good bye---
    Is that what your going to say about Mangold, or Wilkerson,when there too old to get the job done anymore.Your a real nice guy.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Is that what your going to say about Mangold, or Wilkerson,when there too old to get the job done anymore.Your a real nice guy.
    Difference between Manigold and Wilkerson and Bart Scott s that they are both class guys who do their job and don't complain. Scott has an opinion on everything---he is a one of the stars of the circus.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    You don't have a clue dude

    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Difference between Manigold and Wilkerson and Bart Scott s that they are both class guys who do their job and don't complain. Scott has an opinion on everything---he is a one of the stars of the circus.
    Whats wrong with having an opinion, you do,and you state it everyday on this forum.I bet if Scott ripped Ryan you'd love him. Scott played hard on every down on one foot most of the year. he also was a starting linebacker for twelve years in the the NFL. Played an important role for us his first two years and with the ravens. thanks bart, i appreciate it.

  12. #72
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Bart was 100 percent correct, its not his fault he was one of the reasons we had no talent.
    ^^^^^Yes - This^^^^^

    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Ideally, he should have said "We didn't play well enough" to win. At least in that sense, you have to make the logical jump to the next to assume he was criticizing the level of skill. But, there's really nothing too outrageous about his comments. He's simply making the point "our lockerroom and coaches weren't the problem - our players weren't up to the level we should have been".

    Regardless, I'm not sure how anyone can say this is a thread about Tebow - there's nothing Tebow-esque about it.
    I completely agree. His intent was not to slam the players. psssssst - it's because I've been typecast as an "-esque" only fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is one thread thats really burning me up. You play well and hard for a team.Then because of age and injury you lose a few steps, and to some of these posters, your a no good bum because your not as good as you once were. Beats everything, doesn't it.
    It is really a shame. When good solid players get too "old" to play, not only are they put out to pasture, they're all but forgotten unless they're a superstar like Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith. A football team is made up of good solid journeymen plus a few superstars. Sadly, no one remembers the meat & potatoes guys. They make excellent mentors. When they continue playing alongside a rookie, it helps the rookie learn and takes some of the pressure off these young, green players.

    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I see this as nothing more but defending his man Rex Ryan, while placing the blame on the shoulders of our fired GM. While there's certainly truth behind his words, I don't think for one second Bart realized that what he said also applies to ILB.
    I agree. I think it was directed more at Tanny than anyone else. By then Westhoff had already told the press that 40% of the budget goes to a few players, handicapping their ability to sign better players for the rest of the team - the majority of the players on the team. OMG - I just realized that the 40% is really the 1%.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bart is right.

    BUT

    Bart is part of the problem he is talking about.
    +1000000000000

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bart is right.

    BUT

    Bart is part of the problem he is talking about.
    Excellent post. Completely correct.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us