Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of 'quality players

Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of 'quality players

Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of quality players
    By Evan Hilbert | CBSSports.com
    January 17, 2013 9:59 am ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...uality-players

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Hilbert CBSSports.com
    The New York Jets endured their share of criticism after going 6-10 in 2012. There were stories of mutiny in the locker room and team division to help explain the lack of success.

Linebacker Bart Scott had an easier explanation: The players weren't good enough.

Speaking on Showtime's Inside the NFL, Scott said that the issue wasn't togetherness. It was talent.

"You can ask Tim Tebow. You can ask anybody in there. We were together," Scott said, according to the New Jersey Star-Ledger. "There was never any complaining guys worked hard. You know what the problem was with the New York Jets this year? We didn't have enough quality players to win. Simple as that."

That's hard to argue. Quarterback Mark Sanchez -- who endured the lion's share of criticism -- was atrocious. Coach Rex Ryan said in a postseason press conference that the quarterback race was wide open. But beyond Sanchez there were holes in the Jets roster, a problem they hope to remedy with the hire of a new general manager, expected to be named Thursday.
    Even though we already know about the lack of talent, it's good to hear one of the players acknowledge it. Bart also said there was no locker room meltdown this season, and it sounds like the guys worked as a team as much as they could. Thanks Bart Scott!

> *isn't a quality player*
    > *complains about not having quality players*

Bart, waddle your molasses ass out the door.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    > *isn't a quality player*
    > *complains about not having quality players*

Bart, waddle your molasses ass out the door.
    1. Whether someone is or isn't a quality player has nothing to do with his ability to recognize quality talent. Not getting the point. He was making the point that their record wasn't due to a lack of trying or due to locker room issues.

2. He didn't complain at all, he was stating fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    1. Whether someone is or isn't a quality player has nothing to do with his ability to recognize quality talent. Not getting the point. He was making the point that their finish wasn't for a lack of trying or due to locker room issues.

Point is that he shouldn't be talking about the team not having quality talent when he's one of the least productive players for us. Perhaps "complain" wasn't the right word, but the point still stands.

Bart problem would be fixed if all the guys aint earning there contracts would accept Vet Minimum. and we could sign some free agents...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Point is that he shouldn't be talking about the team not having quality talent when he's one of the least productive players for us. Perhaps "complain" wasn't the right word, but the point still stands.
    Thats a silly point. He was on a TV show and asked a question. What do you want him to do, make up an answer when we all know that he's right? Blame 6-10 on the locker room?

Then we can b1tch and moan that he's another Cimini...

Thats a silly point. He was on a TV show and asked. What do you want him to do, make up an answer when we all know that he's right?

Then we can b1tch and moan that he's another Cimini...
    One of the least talented/productive players on the team talking about the talent level of the team? lol, gtfo. If you want to defend the slow sack of ****, be my guest.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

One of the least talented/productive players on the team talking about the talent level of the team? lol, gtfo. If you want to defend the slow sack of ****, be my guest.
    How is it defending him?

Is he wrong?

WTF are you talking about? I'll make it simple. Name me your favorite sports writer.

Bart Scott is a million times better on the field than whoever you name. Doesn't make Scott the better sports writer.

You're stupidly making this into defending his ability to play LB, you need to open your mind, read the posts and stop making this into something it's not.

How is it defending him?

Is he wrong?

WTF are you talking about? I'll make it simple. Name me your favorite sports writer.

Bart Scott is a million times better on the field than whoever you name. Doesn't make Scott the better sports writer.

You're stupidly making this into defending his ability to play LB, you need to open your mind, read the posts and stop making this into something it's not.
    If we didn't have sacks of **** like him, maybe we might be able to afford some of these elusive quality players that he spoke of. Ever think about that? The guy is useless and wants to talk about us not having enough talent to win?

Hell, we were in position to make the playoffs up until the Titans game. The **** does he want?

The only reason this thread was created is because Teblow's name was mentioned.

That's the main issue here, not Bart Scott.

You Teblow fans are unreal.....

Mention the guy's name once and you all come running like a pack of dogs in heat....
    Last edited by Vin; 01-18-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If we didn't have sacks of **** like him, maybe we might be able to afford some of these elusive quality players that he spoke of. Ever think about that? The guy is useless and wants to talk about us not having enough talent to win?

Hell, we were in position to make the playoffs up until the Titans game. The **** does he want?
    You're just clueless. Forget it, you just keep arguing about something that has nothing to do with the point of what he said. What he does on the field, what he was paid etc has nothing to do with the fact that the Jets lacked talent on the roster.

You can argue away that Scott has lost it. Or that he wants to talk, lol

You're just clueless. Forget it, you just keep arguing about something that has nothing to do with the point of what he said. What he does on the field, what he was paid etc has nothing to do with the fact that the Jets lacked talent on the roster.

You can argue away that Scott has lost it. Or that he wants to talk, lol
    Let's make it simple: Someone who can't do something shouldn't complain that there aren't enough people who can do it.

This is also the same guy who gave guys **** and made a big deal the entire season whenever someone gave reporters an interview. And now he's on a show talking? Guy's beta as ****. If Revis or someone who actually matters wants to say that, then fine. But, Scott? **** that trash.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-18-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Let's make it simple: Someone who can't do something shouldn't complain that there aren't enough people who can do it.

This is also the same guy who gave guys **** and made a big deal the entire season whenever someone gave reporters an interview. And now he's on a show talking? Guy's beta as ****.
    Let make it simpler, your logic makes no sense on any level. To say a player can't comment on the talent level if he's lost it is plain stupid.

The rest of you argument is s cute, we get it you don't like him. I could care less, he was asked a question and he didn't rip his team, he was 100% right, there was a lack of talent on the team.

And to keep saying he was complaining, when he clearly wasn't doesn't say much for you

Let make it simpler, your logic makes no sense on any level. To say a player can't comment on the talent level if he's lost it is plain stupid.

The rest of you argument is s cute, we get it you don't like him. I could care less, he was asked a question and he didn't rip his team, he was 100% right, there was a lack of talent on the team.

And to keep saying he was complaining, when he clearly wasn't doesn't say much for you
    Let me draw it in Crayon: a useless, untalented, piece of **** is talking about his team not having enough talent. If he were useful, he could say. He's not, so he can't.

Yes, he can proceed to go **** himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Let me draw it in Crayon: a useless, untalented, piece of **** is talking about his team not having enough talent. If he were useful, he could say. He's not, so he can't.

Yes, he can proceed to go **** himself.

1. Whether someone is or isn't a quality player has nothing to do with his ability to recognize quality talent. Not getting the point. He was making the point that their record wasn't due to a lack of trying or due to locker room issues.

Thanks Jet Nut, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I liked hearing that the locker room wasn't in meltdown.

McGinley and Vin, I didn't post this article because Tebow's name is mentioned in it. It sure seems to bother you that Bart mentioned Tebow's name, though. It's not me who's frothing at the mouth with hate in this thread. It's you. I searched thru today's Tweets and News, and the rest of the JI Threads to see if the article was already on the site before I posted it.

You guys know that one of the big reasons Tanny was fired was because he didn't sign quality players and we had no depth. Bart Scott didn't slam the team, he just stated the fact, the same fact that we've discussed all season long.

The slowest runner on a track relay team shouldn't complain that they lost the race because they didn't have enough fast runners. That's the point.

Sure, being slow doesn't disqualify him from being ability to evaluate the speed of other runners. But he shouldn't talk about it unless he acknowledges himself as being slow.

BS is a passionate guy. He's reached his ceiling and is on the decline (being in a Jets uniform, anyway). I wish him well, but at this point he's more a liability than an asset.

Jets Insider VIP

Agreed. We all know he is NOT the player he was 3 years ago but he is right.

Many of us have stated this fact. Our drafts have been below average for 4 year now. We trade away picks, draft marginal developmental players and don't put the kind of effort in on picks 5 to 7 like other teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Bart is right.

BUT

Bart is part of the problem he is talking about.