Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of 'quality players

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thats a silly point. He was on a TV show and asked a question. What do you want him to do, make up an answer when we all know that he's right? Blame 6-10 on the locker room?

Then we can b1tch and moan that he's another Cimini...
    Bart was 100 percent correct, its not his fault he was one of the reasons we had no talent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why does that preclude him from commenting on it? He did not criticize individual players, or even the offensive unit. He said they were not talented enough. That is why they fired the GM.
    Ideally, he should have said "We didn't play well enough" to win. At least in that sense, you have to make the logical jump to the next to assume he was criticizing the level of skill. But, there's really nothing too outrageous about his comments. He's simply making the point "our lockerroom and coaches weren't the problem - our players weren't up to the level we should have been".

Regardless, I'm not sure how anyone can say this is a thread about Tebow - there's nothing Tebow-esque about it.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If What Bart said was not obvious the team would not hold a press conference saying that was the case and as a result they were firing the guy responsible for talent acquisition. All his is doing is toeing the company line.

if he said it was coaching acumen, a lack of focus, just because a guy was part of the reason for the nonperformance does not preclude him from commenting on it. Besides Cro and Kerley, no one on the jets would be able to speak this year if that was the case.
    Great point. Bart's statements were honest, and he said they all tried to the best of their ability to win games.

Shoutout props for getting the point to:

GenoT
    Apache 51
    JoeJam Football
    BamaJet
    Savage69
    SouthParkCPA

and anyone else who understood that Bart wasn't slamming his teammates in that interview. He was a loyal player simply stating the facts. No BS. Sorry I couldn't quote all of you, but this post would've been too huge if I did. Great job posting how he was ranked pretty high in his performance this year.

I'd believe Bart over Cimini or Mehta any day.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that we were forced to use backups and not ready players at key positions. WR Hill was force to play and produce when Santonio went down. He dropped that key pass in NE that cost us the game.

Keller was hurt with a Hammy and missed some key games. LT retired last year and McKnight wasn't the same. Powell dropped some key screen passes as he was adjusting to Sanchezs' inaccurate passes.

Wayne Hunter was a disaster at RT and was replaced after Sanchez got decimated. We still don't have an adequate replacement.

No backup QB.

Aging linebackers. Players that haven't produced.

In conclusion the problem is not as simple as quality players but many things that need to be addressed. Coaches, injuries, player replacement, QB etc.

a real fan, not a malcontent

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Great point. Bart's statements were honest, and he said they all tried to the best of their ability to win games.

Shoutout props for getting the point to:

GenoT
    Apache 51
    JoeJam Football
    BamaJet
    Savage69
    SouthParkCPA

and anyone else who understood that Bart wasn't slamming his teammates in that interview. He was a loyal player simply stating the facts. No BS. Sorry I couldn't quote all of you, but this post would've been too huge if I did. Great job posting how he was ranked pretty high in his performance this year.

I'd believe Bart over Cimini or Mehta any day.
    This is one thread thats really burning me up. You play well and hard for a team.Then because of age and injury you lose a few steps, and to some of these posters, your a no good bum because your not as good as you once were. Beats everything, doesn't it.

Hall Of Fame
    So Bart is saying what A LOT of us were saying back in training camp, that the team didnt have a lot of talent on it. He is applauded because he is admitting it, we were criticized and labeled a "SOJ fan". Pretty funny.

“Overall, in my opinion, I think this has a chance to be the best team that I’ve had since I’ve been the coach here,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News. “And I say that because I think we understand complementary football; sometimes your offense is going to be rolling. Sometimes you’re going to have to ask your defense to — that old hockey term — stand on their heads.”

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bart is right.

BUT

Bart is part of the problem he is talking about.
    Exactly. Which makes him saying it pretty ironic and borderline ridiculous

Excuse me

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Bart Scott has been a productive player in the NFL for twelve years.You don't think that earns him the right to make general observations about why the team he played for, underperformed.Or maybe you think he doesn't know enough about the game of football to make that observation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I see this as nothing more but defending his man Rex Ryan, while placing the blame on the shoulders of our fired GM. While there's certainly truth behind his words, I don't think for one second Bart realized that what he said also applies to ILB.

Thats laughable

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I see this as nothing more but defending his man Rex Ryan, while placing the blame on the shoulders of our fired GM. While there's certainly truth behind his words, I don't think for one second Bart realized that what he said also applies to ILB.
    You don't think Bart Scott knows he's at the end of his career. the Jets did, that's why they drafted Demario Davis, get real.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is one thread thats really burning me up. You play well and hard for a team.Then because of age and injury you lose a few steps, and to some of these posters, your a no good bum because your not as good as you once were. Beats everything, doesn't it.
    Just my opinion, but no need to get burned, some things cannot be changed. Something you may well recall---a few years ago Derek Jeter got off to a terrible start, was in a bad slump for three weeks or so. Toward the end of the slump---at a home game---he was booed loudly enough for it to come through clearly on TV. That told me all I will ever need to know about the predictable attitude of some fans.

I very much like your posts, by the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Im sure bart knows it. He is basically saying WE suck. NOT they suck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So Bart is saying what A LOT of us were saying back in training camp, that the team didnt have a lot of talent on it. He is applauded because he is admitting it, we were criticized and labeled a "SOJ fan". Pretty funny.
    AMEN brother.

We have drafted poorly/below average for 3 years .

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of quality players
    By Evan Hilbert | CBSSports.com
    January 17, 2013 9:59 am ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...uality-players

Even though we already know about the lack of talent, it's good to hear one of the players acknowledge it. Bart also said there was no locker room meltdown this season, and it sounds like the guys worked as a team as much as they could. Thanks Bart Scott!
    Did he include himself as part of the lack of quality?

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You don't think Bart Scott knows he's at the end of his career. the Jets did, that's why they drafted Demario Davis, get real.
    Yeah when the Jets drafted "top" "blue chip" prospect Demario Davis, Scott must have realized his days were numbered. I'm sure Sanchez got a real scare too when the Jets drafted McElroy

Blue chip

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4783191]Yeah when the Jets drafted "top" "blue chip" prospect Demario Davis, Scott must have realized his days were numbered. I'm sure Sanchez got a real scare too when the Jets drafted McElroy [/QUOT I never said Davis was blue chip. I was just pointing out, that Scotts playing days are over, and they drafted davis in hopes he would replace him.Scott knows,and the jets know,he's best days are behind him. Its not Scotts fault he got old,it happens to everybody.I want everybody on the Jets to play with the fire Scott had, don't you???

A little bit off topic but I'll say it anyway...Back when Rex came here and signed Bart, the choice was Ray Lewis or Bart, they both wanted to come with him...Imagine if he had signed Ray instead...Rex made the wrong move, one of his very first moves as coach and he blew it...Life as a Jet fan tends to suck...

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Did he include himself as part of the lack of quality?
    Exactly...

Ray lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    A little bit off topic but I'll say it anyway...Back when Rex came here and signed Bart, the choice was Ray Lewis or Bart, they both wanted to come with him...Imagine if he had signed Ray instead...Rex made the wrong move, one of his very first moves as coach and he blew it...Life as a Jet fan tends to suck...
    ray Lewis never wanted to leave the Ravens.If he did,he would have been a Jet, Loyalty is important to some people.