Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets LB Bart Scott attributes team's troubles to lack of 'quality players

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bart is right.

BUT

Bart is part of the problem he is talking about.
    If What Bart said was not obvious the team would not hold a press conference saying that was the case and as a result they were firing the guy responsible for talent acquisition. All his is doing is toeing the company line.

if he said it was coaching acumen, a lack of focus, just because a guy was part of the reason for the nonperformance does not preclude him from commenting on it. Besides Cro and Kerley, no one on the jets would be able to speak this year if that was the case.
    Last edited by patman; 01-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Thanks Jet Nut, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I liked hearing that the locker room wasn't in meltdown.

McGinley and Vin, I didn't post this article because Tebow's name is mentioned in it. It sure seems to bother you that Bart mentioned Tebow's name, though. It's not me who's frothing at the mouth with hate in this thread. It's you. I searched thru today's Tweets and News, and the rest of the JI Threads to see if the article was already on the site before I posted it.

You guys know that one of the big reasons Tanny was fired was because he didn't sign quality players and we had no depth. Bart Scott didn't slam the team, he just stated the fact, the same fact that we've discussed all season long.
    The only Tebow references in this thread were this one and the one complaining about the hidden agenda of the Tebow fans. It seems like some of you have Tebow on the brain.

I have to say that I agree that Scott has no right to talk. He was probably trying to prop himself up by making those comments, as if nobody knows he's done.

Bart is absolutely correct and have zero problem with him saying it. He said all the right things -- "guys worked hard" "no complaining". They simply weren't good enough. I've been saying this since the season ended, the best coach in the league wouldn't have gotten 9 wins with that team.

As long as he was looking right in the mirror when he gave the interview, I have no problem with what he said. Hopefully, that was his "exit" interview.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Bart is absolutely correct and have zero problem with him saying it. He said all the right things -- "guys worked hard" "no complaining". They simply weren't good enough. I've been saying this since the season ended, the best coach in the league wouldn't have gotten 9 wins with that team.
    +1 7 games the O scored 10 or less points.. If we had the Pats D they probably win 3 games..

All League
    Apparently there are no mirrors in the Scott household.

Cmon Mcginley

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    > *isn't a quality player*
    > *complains about not having quality players*

Bart, waddle your molasses ass out the door.
    We got a couple of good years out of Scott.He just got old.Give the guy credit for playing hard through injuries, and never complaining about it.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The only Tebow references in this thread were this one and the one complaining about the hidden agenda of the Tebow fans. It seems like some of you have Tebow on the brain.

I have to say that I agree that Scott has no right to talk. He was probably trying to prop himself up by making those comments, as if nobody knows he's done.
    He knows he's at the end of his career. He's been playing in the NFL for 12 years. Everybody slows down,and has to hang it up.He was a Jet, were Jet fans,thank you Bart for playing hard and through injuries, and being a good teammate.good luck in your future endeavors

i think you got alot of nerve

If we didn't have sacks of **** like him, maybe we might be able to afford some of these elusive quality players that he spoke of. Ever think about that? The guy is useless and wants to talk about us not having enough talent to win?

Hell, we were in position to make the playoffs up until the Titans game. The **** does he want?
    As far as his football skills, he still was a good run stuffing linebacker.He was playing hurt,got old, and lost his ability to backpedal and make plays behind him. Its called aging.I don't call any player, throwing his body around for his team through injury at his age a sack of s..t.If yopu think he is, tell that to him.

Bart Scott actually had a decent season. He ranked 23rd out of 110 at his position i believe. Calvin Pace ranked 69 out of 72 at his position so Bart was much better. I saw Bart being agressive and making tackles and led the team with 7 tackles for loss. No he cant cover tight ends or running backs but who can? Anyway I dont have a problem with Bart. I actually hope the Jets resign him - for much less money of course. He told the truth. Jets didnt have the talent or speed to compete. Football is a young mans game. Bring in boat loads of draft picks year after year - and not just flash in the pans picks - bring in 3 and 4 year starters. Those are your backbone players. Bart Scott got it right and so did the Jets in firing Mr. T.

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Bart Scott actually had a decent season. He ranked 23rd out of 110 at his position i believe. Calvin Pace ranked 69 out of 72 at his position so Bart was much better. I saw Bart being agressive and making tackles and led the team with 7 tackles for loss. No he cant cover tight ends or running backs but who can? Anyway I dont have a problem with Bart. I actually hope the Jets resign him - for much less money of course. He told the truth. Jets didnt have the talent or speed to compete. Football is a young mans game. Bring in boat loads of draft picks year after year - and not just flash in the pans picks - bring in 3 and 4 year starters. Those are your backbone players. Bart Scott got it right and so did the Jets in firing Mr. T.
    Im really pissed now.You have Jet fans calling scott a piece of worthless s..t.This is somebody who payed hard, and layed it all on the line for us every sunday,despite injury.Our whole roster should be made up of players with scotts mentality

Hilarious that a player that has lost not one, not two, but three or more steps in his own game is criticizing the talent level of others on the roster.

Hee-lare-e-us.

Hall Of Fame
    Ray Lewis made Bart Scott just like John Abraham made Bryan Thomas. Take them away from the superstar = suck.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This is like me commenting on the nation's obesity epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Hilarious that a player that has lost not one, not two, but three or more steps in his own game is criticizing the talent level of others on the roster.

Hee-lare-e-us.
    Why does that preclude him from commenting on it? He did not criticize individual players, or even the offensive unit. He said they were not talented enough. That is why they fired the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How is it defending him?

Is he wrong?

WTF are you talking about? I'll make it simple. Name me your favorite sports writer.

Bart Scott is a million times better on the field than whoever you name. Doesn't make Scott the better sports writer.

You're stupidly making this into defending his ability to play LB, you need to open your mind, read the posts and stop making this into something it's not.
    No, you can't compare Bart to a sportswriter. He's in that locker room with those guys. It's like sitting in an office meeting and half the room is full of lazy, poor workers. When the manager asks the team what the problem is with poor productivity one of the higher paid crappy employees speaks up and says "we don't have enough good workers!". Well no **** sherlock, you're part of the problem! If you're going to call out your teammates or "coworkers" for not being good enough, the very next two words had better be "me included". Bart's statement insinuates that he was not part of the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    > *isn't a quality player*
    > *complains about not having quality players*

Bart, waddle your molasses ass out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    1. Whether someone is or isn't a quality player has nothing to do with his ability to recognize quality talent. Not getting the point. He was making the point that their record wasn't due to a lack of trying or due to locker room issues.

2. He didn't complain at all, he was stating fact.
    And he came up here to help get Rex's D up and running, and he did. Loyalty is just as important as money.

Who then

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

Hee-lare-e-us.
    You can comment on the talent level, but Scott can't, you and these other posters are just more qualified, yeah right. Scott must have been doing something right,played in the league for 12 years. Jet fans are the worst, man, im tellin you.and im one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You can comment on the talent level, but Scott can't, you and these other posters are just more qualified, yeah right. Scott must have been doing something right,played in the league for 12 years. Jet fans are the worst, man, im tellin you.and im one of them.
    He can comment, just have the decency to include himself if he's going to call out his teammates for not being good/talented.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I actually watched him on Inside the NFL and he was terrific. He was playing with a toe injury since the third game and is having surgery. Also said his cap number for next season is very high and he knows this is just business. All that said, we need a linebacker backer badly.