Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In house Guard options

Draft oline 1 and 2 and watch mark be reborn.. Get an olb and fullback in fa..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Draft oline 1 and 2 and watch mark be reborn.. Get an olb and fullback in fa..
    Great idea! Lets go out and sign all Pro bowl types for our inaccurate QB to play behind! Great! Really great! Are you for real? The guy had a great team in his first year. What did he win? What was his completion percentage? You Sanchez fans have got to get over it! I see a glaring need for an OLB that can rush the passer and a QB. Yet you want to recycle an inaccurate QB with no pocket presence.

All Pro
    The guard class in the draft is considered to be extremely deep with about 10guys who project as starters in the NFL. The Jets should be able to snag a guy in the 3rd or later.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    The guard class in the draft is considered to be extremely deep with about 10guys who project as starters in the NFL. The Jets should be able to snag a guy in the 3rd or later.
    In that case, I'd even snag 2 guys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

That would be something... only problem is our FO has to find the guys that are above average starters... didnt work out well with the last guard we took...

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What are you guys watching? Moore is finished. Callahan wanted to bench him for Schlauderaff last season. He's probably Moore's replacement next season.

And Ducasse sucks. He whiffs like crazy. If you want your QB killed, he's your guy.

Schlauderaff will be starting and the other OG isn't on the roster right now. Really, the only FA that the Jets need to re-sign is Landry. Everyone else is JAG.
    PFF disagrees.

Moore is certainly not the player he used to be, but he still graded out as an above average guard.

Sounds good to me.

Why not?

I posted a scenario in the draft board, on the possibility of moving out of the #9 pick, to around the 20th spot. And the result is around 4-5 extra picks. With 10+ picks...Jets can fill the roster with talent and depth at several positions.

Don't know how Idzik is going to approach the draft. But...if some team desperately wanted to move up the board for a particular player they coveted...I would hope Idzik would seize that opportunity. Then show us how he can draft and restock the Jets roster with a boatload of picks.

http://www.draftinsider.net/forum/sh...Upcoming-Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    PFF disagrees.

Moore is certainly not the player he used to be, but he still graded out as an above average guard.
    Doesn't change the fact that Callahan wanted to bench him for Schlauderaff -- a 6th round rookie -- last season. He's on the downside. He'll be worse next year than he was this year. Start the cheaper option. I doubt Schlauderaff will be much of a drop off. Ducasse on the other hand . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Great idea! Lets go out and sign all Pro bowl types for our inaccurate QB to play behind! Great! Really great! Are you for real? The guy had a great team in his first year. What did he win? What was his completion percentage? You Sanchez fans have got to get over it! I see a glaring need for an OLB that can rush the passer and a QB. Yet you want to recycle an inaccurate QB with no pocket presence.
    NAh man.. I Wish we'd replace sanchize next year but its highly doubtful..a good offense starts with a great oline..we had that three years ago and it helped carry us to the afc championship game..
    I miss Faneca!

Let Moore walk, he is done. Rather have Slauson he is an average guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Guys. David DeCastro was according to many a sure-fire All-Pro OG in the making last year. And where was he drafted?

24th

and some think that was too high based on the position he plays.

No to any OG going top 20.

At 9, it would be a crime.

jets picked Dbrick at #4. Hes a good player but hasnt lived up to a #4 pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Brick's a OT. What are you saying? We're talking about OGs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No worries, I was able to muddle through and figure it all out.

If Moore is willing to come back on the cheap, I'm all for it if for no other reason than the locker room and tutelage of whoever the Jets draft. I also want to see Mangold drop around 20 or so pounds as I feel he has lost some of his (limited) quickness and it would benefit his ankles.
    Don't forget that these guys switch to a power blocking scheme from zone so they didn't play to their strength which is athleticism. it really was a lost year for all of them. Pretty much throw the tape out the window.

All Pro

That would be something... only problem is our FO has to find the guys that are above average starters... didnt work out well with the last guard we took...
    Who was that? Schlauderaff?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    So multiple pro bowler....never missed a start.....probably never missed a play....universally considered top 5 or even 3 in the league at his position....averages maybe 2 sacks per season from the QB blind-side....rarely-if ever-penalised......never heard a peep from him off-field

So just what exactly were you expecting from the No 4 overall pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    So multiple pro bowler....never missed a start.....probably never missed a play....universally considered top 5 or even 3 in the league at his position....averages maybe 2 sacks per season from the QB blind-side....rarely-if ever-penalised......never heard a peep from him off-field

Plus a million

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Who was that? Schlauderaff?
    Ducasse. I think we traded for Schlauderhaff.

All Pro
    Ducasse. I think we traded for Schlauderhaff.
    I think Ducasse was a tackle. Even Tanny wouldn't draft a project at guard that high. They moved him to guard, and he's not been great, but about average. If you want to check we had as much success, or lack of it, on drives with him in, as with Slauson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think Ducasse was a tackle. Even Tanny wouldn't draft a project at guard that high. They moved him to guard, and he's not been great, but about average. If you want to check we had as much success, or lack of it, on drives with him in, as with Slauson.
    He was a tackle in college, but a lot of people thought he was drafted to play guard.

Prior to that our previous G pick was Slauson, who's worked out well for a 6th round pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post

Orlando Pace
    Jonathon Ogden
    Walter Jones
    Anthony Munoz

What Has Ferguson done that Marvin Powell didn't.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 01-20-2013 at 12:07 PM.