Thread: Mike "the leak" Pettine

Banned

Mike "the leak" Pettine

Is there any doubt now that Pettine was the source of all Mehta's inside information into the Jets? It has been as quiet as a mouse since he left. Hopefully the media will have a lot less ammunition to use against us next season. He's Buffalo's problem now.

Yea I didn't realize he was so manipulative. Glad he's gone now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it was Tanny.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hopefully they won't have any ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Is there any doubt now that Pettine was the source of all Mehta's inside information into the Jets? It has been as quiet as a mouse since he left. Hopefully the media will have a lot less ammunition to use against us next season. He's Buffalo's problem now.
    Just paraphrasing what another poster had said last week:

It won't be long before Manish starts reporting that anonymous sources are stating what a bad quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I think it was Tanny.
    I think it was both Tanny and Pettine. And inside the locker room crap came from Pettine and all the leaks about the front office came from Tanny. Good riddance to both.

Jets Insider VIP
    IDK that Bob Sutton fella looks kinda snakey.

All League
    A lot of people saying Tannenbaum leaked, what info do we have on that even being remotely true?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That's one theory. Another is that the season is over. Media have no access to the building unless invited to a press conference.

Veteran
    What is there to leak? what could a DC leak about the GM search?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Woody is the mole.

gotta be Jim Popp

All League
    the inside sources came from mehta's imagination

I say it was made up by the guy. How can he the only guy that gets a leak for year plus don't you think the Jets would know if Fatty does. You guys believe anything that fat piece of crap says.

I think it's simpler than that guys.

It's off season for the Jets. No one is around to hear or spread rumors. No coaches, no players, no media.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I think it's simpler than that guys.

It's off season for the Jets. No one is around to hear or spread rumors. No coaches, no players, no media.
    Basically.

The only thing going on right now is the GM search, and there's only one person who truly knows anything about where that's going, Woody Johnson. If he doesn't tell other people his plans, nobody knows **** about it and are forced to play this guessing game.

I'm not a fan of assigning blame to people without any evidence, which is really all this thread is. Besides, we're assuming there actually was a source in the first place, and I wouldn't put it above Mehta to make something up.

Hall Of Fame
    The mistake was not getting rid of Pettine after last season. As usual, Rex is too late to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money View Post
    What is there to leak? what could a DC leak about the GM search?
    Exactly.

Pettine might have been able to ***** and give info about coaching decisions, player mindsets, etc, but there's no chance he's part of the GM hiring process so what could he have leaked?