Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Ends Jay Cutler's Career...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

So Ends Jay Cutler's Career...

@BradBiggs
    #Bears have hired Matt Cavanaugh as quarterbacks coach, his 2nd go-round with club. He was on Wanny's staff in 1997-98.

Oooph.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cutler needs an OL that can give him time to throw.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about your downgrade.

I'll take Jeremy Bates - the guy they just canned - over Cavanawful any day of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't worry, Trestman will be the real Qb coach. Cutler will have a big year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I'm not to high on Trestman either.

I am just glad Cav is gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't believe this when I read it. Doesn't say much about Trestman's
    observation of the NFL for the past couple of years. Why would you hire
    a QB coach who has overseen Sanchez descent into the toilet?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^
    Maybe they're friends?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's Cutler's reaction to the news:

By the way:

Cutler could be coached by Joe Montana, it wouldn't matter, he's still Jeff George 2.0.

Extreme talent. Extreme jerkoff.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Couldn't believe this when I read it. Doesn't say much about Trestman's
    observation of the NFL for the past couple of years. Why would you hire
    a QB coach who has overseen Sanchez descent into the toilet?
    Let me get this right; Cavanaugh threw all those interceptions? I think they see a guy that worked with a club that went to the playoffs before the window closed. They don't think "buttfumble" as being on Cav; they know the Jets made weak-ass decisions which ruined their competitiveness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Let me get this right; Cavanaugh threw all those interceptions? I think they see a guy that worked with a club that went to the playoffs before the window closed. They don't think "buttfumble" as being on Cav; they know the Jets made weak-ass decisions.
    Head stuff aside, Sanchez's biggest problem is one of mechanics, especially when it comes to turnovers. He is a less than ideal height, and yet he utilizes a wide base for his throwing stance. That in turn lowers his height (balls get tipped), increases his release point (balls sail) and all but eradicates marginal throwing lanes. It also makes for awkward retreats in the pocket and the tendency to throw off the back foot when trouble comes as opposed to stepping up into the pocket.

If I can see that, so can the QB coach. Correcting it is his job. Keep in mind that Sanchez had excellent mechanics, particularly footwork when he entered the NFL. That's all gone now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cutler stinks. Cavanuagh will have no effect on his already poor play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    now i feel kind of better about not getting Trestman as OC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Head stuff aside, Sanchez's biggest problem is one of mechanics, especially when it comes to turnovers. He is a less than ideal height, and yet he utilizes a wide base for his throwing stance. That in turn lowers his height (balls get tipped), increases his release point (balls sail) and all but eradicates marginal throwing lanes. It also makes for awkward retreats in the pocket and the tendency to throw off the back foot when trouble comes as opposed to stepping up into the pocket.

If I can see that, so can the QB coach. Correcting it is his job. Keep in mind that Sanchez had excellent mechanics, particularly footwork when he entered the NFL. That's all gone now.
    That was Sanchez's knock into the draft. Wide stance is all I read about him so the Jets knew this. Besides what I've said on here before he doesn't throw outside the numbers consistently! Whatever I'm done with him..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i LOVE jay cutler. maybe not for his play on the field, but i love how much of a dbag he is to everyone. i wouldn't mind seeing that from sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.I.P. any chance Cutler had of being a decent QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    That was Sanchez's knock into the draft. Wide stance is all I read about him so the Jets knew this. Besides what I've said on here before he doesn't throw outside the numbers consistently! Whatever I'm done with him..

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

I have no idea where you get that Sanchez is smallish; his interceptions come from poor decisions. His mechanics are fine; but Sanchez robs himself of time and plays "too fast"...he also thows wayyy too hard on many occasions.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea where you get that Sanchez is smallish; his interceptions come from poor decisions. His mechanics are fine; but Sanchez robs himself of time and plays "too fast"...he also thows wayyy too hard on many occasions.
    Good luck with the Bears Mr. Cavanuagh!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's reported as 6'2", not ideal and probably not true either. His mechanics have gone in the toilet the last two years. I'm not saying what I posted is the sole cause of his INTs, just a contributing factor that is correctable.

Didn't know about his wide stance in college being widely reported, JetFan1. Thanks for bringing it up. Makes Cavanaugh's "work" with the kid even more daming, imho.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Good luck with the Bears Mr. Cavanuagh!!
    Okay okay.