Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/18

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This should've been wrapped up yesterday!!!!!! I'm outraged!!!!!
    I dunno. I try and wrap up most of my pressing stuff around 4:30 on Friday so my weekends can be as free as possible. Especially to my London clients who are at the pub starting at 4pm UK time on Friday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    The Jets are in talks with Seahawks exec John Idzik. Looks like this could get wrapped up today. #Jets
    If Adam shefter reports this then ill listen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    This should've been wrapped up yesterday!!!!!! I'm outraged!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Considering they are part of the same organization, I wouldn't be surprised if they piggyback off each other.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Unless this salmon guy knows the tail number of Woody's plane it is speculation. Just because Executive Jet Management has a plane near Seattle, doesnt mean it is Woody's.
    Executive Jet Managment is a pretty ordinary name.... Does not even mean that it is a NY Jets owned plane. This is comical.... Anyone look up to see if there is a private plane company called executive jet management?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Considering they are part of the same organization, I wouldn't be surprised if they piggyback off each other.
    I'll believe Shefter's word over Cimini's any day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    HE reported the same thing for the last two days.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I'll believe Shefter's word over Cimini's any day.
    Heck, I'd believe Teo's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told Pat Shurmur is interviewing with the Jets today for their vacant offensive coordinator position. #nyj

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    We don't even know of the plane is there for Idzik. Woody could be sending out for coffee.
    Yeah....all that plane is coming back with is crates of Starbucks coffee...we should have a new GM in place after the Draft...Rex can make all the picks himself...D-Line first 3 Rds?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told Pat Shurmur is interviewing with the Jets today for their vacant offensive coordinator position. #nyj
    Is this team EVER going to take the Offensive side of the ball seriously? Now why tf would you want a guy who just presided over the offense of a 4-12 team? Why tf would you want to make an Oline coach OC to run "ground&pound" when you don't have the personnel for it and you know the box is ALWAYS going to be stacked because of your QB's limitations (namely ACCURACY)? You also know that if that strategy does not work a guy like Sparano will have a hard time changing his methods, because he's really not an OC to begin with.

Could we just hire a real innovative guy coming from the college ranks rather than rewarding mediocrity and failure at the pro level?

How much better is Shurmur as opposed to Sparano?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Is this team EVER going to take the Offensive side of the ball seriously? Now why tf would you want a guy who just presided over the offense of a 4-12 team? Why tf would you want to make an Oline coach OC to run "ground&pound" when you don't have the personnel for it and you know the box is ALWAYS going to be stacked because of your QB's limitations (namely ACCURACY)? You also know that if that strategy does not work a guy like Sparano will have a hard time changing his methods, because he's really not an OC to begin with.

Could we just hire a real innovative guy coming from the college ranks rather than rewarding mediocrity and failure at the pro level?

Shurmur is a disciple of Holmgren and Andy Reid, maybe not the top choice for an oc but he is not in the realm of Sparano for being a fail hire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Shurmur was the QBs coach in Philadelphia from 2002-2008. That alone makes him more qualified than Sparano, who was just o-line.

And you forget, Cleveland had a rookie QB too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets interviewed Saints QBs coach Joe Lombardi on Wednesday for offensive-coordinator job: source. He's grandson of Vince Lombardi.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets interviewed Saints QBs coach Joe Lombardi on Wednesday for offensive-coordinator job: source. He's grandson of Vince Lombardi.

SUPERBOWL CONFIRMED.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He is much better than Sporano. He might of been over his head as head coach but Sporano was in over his head as a HC AND OC. He was OC of the rams in 2009 and made Bradford look real good. He has a good repoir with QBs. He is not the worse pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all probability the person who is hired for the OC position will be gone by this time next season. This greatly limits the type of candidate that would consider coming here. If Rex is gone next season (and judging by the dearth of talent on the roster and salary cap issues, he will have a losing record) the OC will be unemployed too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder
    Saints quarterbacks coach Joe Lombardi interviewed for the New York Jets offensive coordinator job on Wednesday, sources say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @RichCimini #Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi talked w/ #jets for OC job. Was on our original list of candidates: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...nator_can.html

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

SUPERBOWL CONFIRMED.
    Five minutes into Joe's 1st jets practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyRSV9eqTUY