Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and News 1/18

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @RichCimini reporting the Jets interviewed Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi on Wednesday for OC job. Is the Packer sweep "attacking"? #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets interview Lombardi for OC job: Still searching for an offensive coordinator, the Jets interviewed Sain... http://es.pn/XjAgto #nyj

@JasonColeYahoo: NFL issues a statement from VP Robert Gulliver that the league is looking to expand the Rooney Rule. Will have more on this shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonColeYahoo: NFL issues a statement from VP Robert Gulliver that the league is looking to expand the Rooney Rule. Will have more on this shortly.
    How else can it be expanded?

Must also interview a Female, who knows nothing about the sport.

All League
    This unfortunately may play a role in our HC search in 11+ months.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    This unfortunately may play a role in our HC search in 11+ months.
    Herm's coming back, fellas.

Banned
    Pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be shocked if this is what's holding up the GM hire. The Jets want Idzik, but the league is trying to force them to hire Khan, because of his ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be shocked if this is what's holding up the GM hire. The Jets want Idzik, but the league is trying to force them to hire Khan, because of his ethnicity.
    That would be outrageous... and right in Goodell's wheelhouse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We paid the price with Hermie(Who was also a Con) let them pick on someone else..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    That would be outrageous... and right in Goodell's wheelhouse.
    Exactly. I put nothing past that f*ck.

Overreact much guys?

@RichCimini: The Jets are in talks with Seahawks exec John Idzik. Looks like this could get wrapped up today. #Jets

Banned
    Overreact much guys?

@RichCimini: The Jets are in talks with Seahawks exec John Idzik. Looks like this could get wrapped up today. #Jets
    LOL

I'm not saying my theory is true. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's what is happening.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Must also interview a Female, who knows nothing about the sport.
    That was my initial thought.

What a joke that would be.

Overreact much guys?

I'm sure it does get done today, but the "tweeters" have been laughably wrong during this entire process.

That's the general consensus here, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    In all probability the person who is hired for the OC position will be gone by this time next season. This greatly limits the type of candidate that would consider coming here. If Rex is gone next season (and judging by the dearth of talent on the roster and salary cap issues, he will have a losing record) the OC will be unemployed too.
    Not if the newly hired GM has any imput on who the new OC maybe. Waht if this person is qualified to become the new HC when the Jets jettison(no pun intended) Rex Ryan.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 01-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.

The expansion will be that teams must interview minority candidates that are outside their own organization. This Rooney stuff is silly. It makes a mockery of the process.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @RichCimini reporting the Jets interviewed Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi on Wednesday for OC job. Is the Packer sweep "attacking"? #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets interview Lombardi for OC job: Still searching for an offensive coordinator, the Jets interviewed Sain... http://es.pn/XjAgto #nyj
    Well, if you can not win a Lombardi, might as well hire one.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well, if you can not win a Lombardi, might as well hire one.
    that was obviously the browns thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    You really think they are changing the rule overnight?? Thats a pretty silly statement you made.