Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing out on the good OC options

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Missing out on the good OC options

With Pep rumored to be reunited with Luck in Indy our options are running out. I know GM is the priority but OC is a big issue especially with Marky Mark and his funky cap #!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    With Pep rumored to be reunited with Luck in Indy our options are running out. I know GM is the priority but OC is a big issue especially with Marky Mark and his funky cap #!
    do you want Rex Ryan picking our OC again? I think the Jets are playing it right by waiting for a GM to come in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    do you want Rex Ryan picking our OC again? I think the Jets are playing it right by waiting for a GM to come in.
    Agreed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i believe Rex will have his pick of OC's amongst those endorsed by Idzik.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a legitimate question....after hue jackson who is even out there if pep hamilton goes to Indy.

I want no part of marty mornhewig.

Id love to see us get jeff tedford and jeremy bates.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's still 4 great teams in the playoffs that may have good coaches were looking at. Also if Rex didn't get schottenheimer when he first got here he talked about ken zampese.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one wants to come here and ruin their name calling plays for Mark Sanchez, guaranteed to fail at that. If we can get a new QB, that would be fine.

But a good offensive mind should want to pair up with Rex, if you can have some kind of balance you would have a dangerous team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    No one wants to come here and ruin their name calling plays for Mark Sanchez, guaranteed to fail at that. If we can get a new QB, that would be fine.

But a good offensive mind should want to pair up with Rex, if you can have some kind of balance you would have a dangerous team.
    I think that's a very fan like reaction of how people would think someone would feel. On the other hand if the new oc is assured that a 2nd qb will be brought in to compete for the job via draft pick or free agency may e they will like what they hear.

Keep in mind he new gm will be telling our new oc what the plan will be at qb. It won't be like people on the board who can only speculate what will happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told Pat Shurmur is interviewing with the Jets today for their vacant offensive coordinator position. #nyj

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Idak will have final say on everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Hopefully Idak will have final say on everything.
    Not on coaches, Woody Johnson already said that Rex will get to choose his staff. That is standard in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most all the names I've heard so far aren't good options so I don't see what we are really missing out on. Out side of Hue and maybe Cam it has been all soso guys. Better the Shotty sure but that isn't really saying a lot. I honestly hope we havent even heard the name of the guy we actually plan on signing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now they're saying the Saints QB coach is interviewing, who is also the grandson of Vince Lombardi. I'd be ok with him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Now they're saying the Saints QB coach is interviewing, who is also the grandson of Vince Lombardi. I'd be ok with him.
    IMO I would pass. Too unproven. I mean his QB is Brees how many lessons in mechanics were needed? I feel like the Jets need an experiences guy at OC...my opinion I wish they would look at Charlie Weiss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy I would seriously consider is Jeff Tedford.
    He is known as a developer of QBs- Aaron Rogers, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, David Carr. Has 10 years of college HC experience, an additional 10 years coaching QB and OC.

An out of the box candidate, maybe worth a look

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Moore should get interviewed by The Jets. He has already been here. I would also interview Clyde Christensen from The Colts. It is possible that The Jets could also look at Mike Martz, Mike Mularkey and Jeremy Bates.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    He is known as a developer of QBs- Aaron Rogers, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, David Carr. Has 10 years of college HC experience, an additional 10 years coaching QB and OC.

10000% agree

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I second this.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Def not a bad option...the original poster said that we are running out of choices but I believe there is always someone out there that knows what he is doing, whether its a college coach, a retread head coach, or a position coach....there is always oportunity!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    IMO I would pass. Too unproven. I mean his QB is Brees how many lessons in mechanics were needed? I feel like the Jets need an experiences guy at OC...my opinion I wish they would look at Charlie Weiss.
    Charlie could have been the hire if Scott Pioli was the GM. I am for it.