Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Why Hate on the Media?

  1. #1

    Why Hate on the Media?

    Every time a Jets media dude makes a prediction, the FANatics abuse them. Think about it this way---Your beat is the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. The owner, GM, and coach make Moe Larry and Curly look like intellectuals. Then you throw in Tebow, PSL's, Sparano, Sanchez, and so on. Then you deal with the fact that no GM is hired after two weeks and we don't have an OC. No wonder they are confused!

    Now juxtapose the reporting on the Jets with the reporting on the Giants. The big difference is that the Giants are not that dysfunctional and have won two recent Super Bowls. Those who report of them seldom have the wonderful material that the 3 ring circus provides the Jet beat guys. Until things change in the asylum, I think you are going to get this all over the place reporting.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 01-18-2013 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #2
    The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.

  3. #3
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,517
    Because they try to hard to get the scoop and a name for themselves they act irrational and will say and do anything.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    I am fully convinced that you are not a Jets fan. You troll every thread, and then start a thread to stand up for the media and their coverage of the team?

  5. #5
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.
    Oh I think we do. Sell ad space and make a name for themselves.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.
    Exactly----and the thing is, the Jets give the potential journalist so many opportunities to guess! If the Jets were a well run organization, without leakers , braggarts and incompetents, they wouldn't have much to write about.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 01-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.

  7. #7
    Dear Sooth,

    Please shut down the site for a day or two. We all need a break.

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    The JI Family

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Every time a Jets media dude makes a prediction, the FANatics abuse them. Think about it this way---Your beat is the most dysfunctional team in the NF. The owner, GM, and coach make Moe Larry and Curly look like intellectuals. Then you throw in Tebow, PSL's, Sparano, Sanchez, and so on. Then you deal with the fact that no GM is hired after two weeks and we don't have an OC. No wonder they are confused!

    Now juxtapose the reporting on the Jets with the reporting on the Giants. The big difference is that the Giants are not that dysfunctional and have won two recent Super Bowls. Those who report of them seldom have the wonderful material that the 3 ring circus provides the Jet beat guys. Until things change in the asylum, I think you are going to get this all over the place reporting.
    No the big difference is the media discusses every teams games, personnel etc.

    And with the Jets are more concerned with Tebow running bare chested, who Sanchez may be dating, Rex's tattoos, PSL's etc. Seems like a year of non football talk to me.

    The Giants were the first team in a million years to miss the playoffs after winning the SB. But the press follows Rex and stalks him while on vaca. No mention of the Giants being a failure but the Jets are for missing the playoffs.

    As Sal Palantonio said, the press has overblown every jets issue.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I am fully convinced that you are not a Jets fan. You troll every thread, and then start a thread to stand up for the media and their coverage of the team?
    I honestly don't get it. If you hate the team so much, why waste your time and energy following them?

    Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

  10. #10

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I am fully convinced that you are not a Jets fan. You troll every thread, and then start a thread to stand up for the media and their coverage of the team?
    Of course, you are a kool-aider who can't deal with reality. I understand that. With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,658
    have a goddamn snack


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No the big difference is the media discusses every teams games, personnel etc.

    And with the Jets are more concerned with Tebow running bare chested, who Sanchez may be dating, Rex's tattoos, PSL's etc. Seems like a year of non football talk to me.

    The Giants were the first team in a million years to miss the playoffs after winning the SB. But the press follows Rex and stalks him while on vaca. No mention of the Giants being a failure but the Jets are for missing the playoffs.

    As Sal Palantonio said, the press has overblown every jets issue.
    I agree with you but my point is that the Jets are set up for this.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Of course, you are a kool-aider who can't deal with reality. I understand that. With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.
    Really, it makes you a kool-aider to think the press abandoned football talk for sensationalism?

    And what we feel about a moaning, whining SOJF will determine if the team fails or doesn't fail? You have one hell of a bloated sense of self worth.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really, it makes you a kool-aider to think the press abandoned football talk for sensationalism?

    And what we feel about a moaning, whining SOJF will determine if the team fails or doesn't fail? You have one hell of a bloated sense of self worth.
    You don't understand the media. You give them a circus and they will report on it and become part of the CIRCUS! By the way, nobody is forcing you to make hostile replies to a post. Take a chill pill and ignore me.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I agree with you but my point is that the Jets are set up for this.
    Really?

    Explain why the News sending a camera guy to hide in the bushes was by invite?

  16. #16

    Cool

    Oh do tell--wasn't aware of someone hiding in the bushes!

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You don't understand the media. You give them a circus and they will report on it and become part of the CIRCUS! By the way, nobody is forcing you to make hostile replies to a post. Take a chill pill and ignore me.
    No, I remember a time when the press reported news, not tried to create it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, I remember a time when the press reported news, not tried to create it.
    Now you are going back 50 years before my time. Remember, they are in the business of selling soap. If you are a well run organization, you don't give them many opportunities for sexy headlines.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Oh do tell--wasn't aware of someone hiding in the bushes!
    Right, in your mind Rex invited the photographer.

    But he instead shot partially obstructed pictures with a long telephoto lens for artistic reasons.

    A bush, a wall, a tree, whatever, he was hiding.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.
    You are mistaken if you believe that, for example, any of the beat writers for the Yankees of the Bronx Zoo era -- including the tabloid guys -- would have hopped on a plane to follow Billy Martin on a vacation and hired a paparazzi photographer to shoot pictures of him, and then went back to the office and said, "that's how journalism works in the Big Apple, baby!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us