Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Hate on the Media?

Why Hate on the Media?

Every time a Jets media dude makes a prediction, the FANatics abuse them. Think about it this way---Your beat is the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. The owner, GM, and coach make Moe Larry and Curly look like intellectuals. Then you throw in Tebow, PSL's, Sparano, Sanchez, and so on. Then you deal with the fact that no GM is hired after two weeks and we don't have an OC. No wonder they are confused!

Now juxtapose the reporting on the Jets with the reporting on the Giants. The big difference is that the Giants are not that dysfunctional and have won two recent Super Bowls. Those who report of them seldom have the wonderful material that the 3 ring circus provides the Jet beat guys. Until things change in the asylum, I think you are going to get this all over the place reporting.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 01-18-2013 at 03:30 PM.

The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Because they try to hard to get the scoop and a name for themselves they act irrational and will say and do anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I am fully convinced that you are not a Jets fan. You troll every thread, and then start a thread to stand up for the media and their coverage of the team?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The idiots who express negativity towards the Jets beat writers don't understand how journalism works.
    Oh I think we do. Sell ad space and make a name for themselves.

Exactly----and the thing is, the Jets give the potential journalist so many opportunities to guess! If the Jets were a well run organization, without leakers , braggarts and incompetents, they wouldn't have much to write about.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 01-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Dear Sooth,

Please shut down the site for a day or two. We all need a break.

Thank you.

Regards,

The JI Family

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Every time a Jets media dude makes a prediction, the FANatics abuse them. Think about it this way---Your beat is the most dysfunctional team in the NF. The owner, GM, and coach make Moe Larry and Curly look like intellectuals. Then you throw in Tebow, PSL's, Sparano, Sanchez, and so on. Then you deal with the fact that no GM is hired after two weeks and we don't have an OC. No wonder they are confused!

Now juxtapose the reporting on the Jets with the reporting on the Giants. The big difference is that the Giants are not that dysfunctional and have won two recent Super Bowls. Those who report of them seldom have the wonderful material that the 3 ring circus provides the Jet beat guys. Until things change in the asylum, I think you are going to get this all over the place reporting.
    No the big difference is the media discusses every teams games, personnel etc.

And with the Jets are more concerned with Tebow running bare chested, who Sanchez may be dating, Rex's tattoos, PSL's etc. Seems like a year of non football talk to me.

The Giants were the first team in a million years to miss the playoffs after winning the SB. But the press follows Rex and stalks him while on vaca. No mention of the Giants being a failure but the Jets are for missing the playoffs.

As Sal Palantonio said, the press has overblown every jets issue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I am fully convinced that you are not a Jets fan. You troll every thread, and then start a thread to stand up for the media and their coverage of the team?
    I honestly don't get it. If you hate the team so much, why waste your time and energy following them?

Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Of course, you are a kool-aider who can't deal with reality. I understand that. With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.

Jets Insider VIP
    have a goddamn snack

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No the big difference is the media discusses every teams games, personnel etc.

And with the Jets are more concerned with Tebow running bare chested, who Sanchez may be dating, Rex's tattoos, PSL's etc. Seems like a year of non football talk to me.

The Giants were the first team in a million years to miss the playoffs after winning the SB. But the press follows Rex and stalks him while on vaca. No mention of the Giants being a failure but the Jets are for missing the playoffs.

As Sal Palantonio said, the press has overblown every jets issue.
    I agree with you but my point is that the Jets are set up for this.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Of course, you are a kool-aider who can't deal with reality. I understand that. With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.
    Really, it makes you a kool-aider to think the press abandoned football talk for sensationalism?

And what we feel about a moaning, whining SOJF will determine if the team fails or doesn't fail? You have one hell of a bloated sense of self worth.

Really, it makes you a kool-aider to think the press abandoned football talk for sensationalism?

And what we feel about a moaning, whining SOJF will determine if the team fails or doesn't fail? You have one hell of a bloated sense of self worth.
    You don't understand the media. You give them a circus and they will report on it and become part of the CIRCUS! By the way, nobody is forcing you to make hostile replies to a post. Take a chill pill and ignore me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I agree with you but my point is that the Jets are set up for this.
    Really?

Explain why the News sending a camera guy to hide in the bushes was by invite?

Cool

Oh do tell--wasn't aware of someone hiding in the bushes!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You don't understand the media. You give them a circus and they will report on it and become part of the CIRCUS! By the way, nobody is forcing you to make hostile replies to a post. Take a chill pill and ignore me.
    No, I remember a time when the press reported news, not tried to create it.

No, I remember a time when the press reported news, not tried to create it.
    Now you are going back 50 years before my time. Remember, they are in the business of selling soap. If you are a well run organization, you don't give them many opportunities for sexy headlines.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Oh do tell--wasn't aware of someone hiding in the bushes!
    Right, in your mind Rex invited the photographer.

But he instead shot partially obstructed pictures with a long telephoto lens for artistic reasons.

A bush, a wall, a tree, whatever, he was hiding.

You are mistaken if you believe that, for example, any of the beat writers for the Yankees of the Bronx Zoo era -- including the tabloid guys -- would have hopped on a plane to follow Billy Martin on a vacation and hired a paparazzi photographer to shoot pictures of him, and then went back to the office and said, "that's how journalism works in the Big Apple, baby!"