Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Hate on the Media?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Now you are going back 50 years before my time. Remember, they are in the business of selling soap. If you are a well run organization, you don't give them many opportunities for sexy headlines.
    No, I'm not.

BS, put the Jets in any other town this doesn't happen. Nonsense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    worked in sports media for over a decade. watched how things changed. nobody, especially these NY journalists, does any work anymore. speculation. sources may or may not be real. connecting dots. Twitter with no editors or accountability if you are wrong.

legitimate journalists who respect their job and the people they report to should live by this old saying for reporters: if your mother says she loves you, check it out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every time a Jets media dude makes a prediction, the FANatics abuse them. Think about it this way---Your beat is the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. The owner, GM, and coach make Moe Larry and Curly look like intellectuals. Then you throw in Tebow, PSL's, Sparano, Sanchez, and so on. Then you deal with the fact that no GM is hired after two weeks and we don't have an OC. No wonder they are confused!

Now juxtapose the reporting on the Jets with the reporting on the Giants. The big difference is that the Giants are not that dysfunctional and have won two recent Super Bowls. Those who report of them seldom have the wonderful material that the 3 ring circus provides the Jet beat guys. Until things change in the asylum, I think you are going to get this all over the place reporting.
    Why use the phrase "hate on"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me something? Why is it that you seldom get the media circus around the Giants? Why aren't people hiding in the bushes to photograph the players? Do you think that all the bad reporters are covering the Jets? Again, my claim is that the reporting on the Jets reflects the chaos of the organization. That simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course, you are a kool-aider who can't deal with reality. I understand that. With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.
    I don't stand out as enough of a personality on this board that you would recall what I post about the Jets. Of course, your reply wasn't about me, it was just your reaction to anyone calling you out for being a troll.

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me something? Why is it that you seldom get the media circus around the Giants? Why aren't people hiding in the bushes to photograph the players? Do you think that all the bad reporters are covering the Jets? Again, my claim is that the reporting on the Jets reflects the chaos of the organization. That simple.
    Super Bowls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I don't stand out as enough of a personality on this board that you would recall what I post about the Jets. Of course, your reply wasn't about me, it was just your reaction to anyone calling you out for being a troll.

He denies it but he has said in ther past he finds it more enjoyable to be negative..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly----and the thing is, the Jets give the potential journalist so many opportunities to guess! If the Jets were a well run organization, without leakers , braggarts and incompetents, they wouldn't have much to write about.

Right, like when Gary Myers from the daily news went on a crusade to get Tom coughlin fired, TWICE-the second time was AFTER he won a Super Bowl. The stories about the Giants and their issues during that time were unrelenting. And as we all know, the giants are run poorly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

Obviously you haven't. Maybe you should go back into the archives. I was very positive when the team was performing well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post

Right, like when Gary Myers from the daily news went on a crusade to get Tom coughlin fired, TWICE-the second time was AFTER he won a Super Bowl. The stories about the Giants and their issues during that time were unrelenting. And as we all know, the giants are run poorly
    You just confirmed what I claimed. When there is an auto wreck, a shooting, a bombing, or a circus, the media is on it!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Super Bowls.
    That too---combine the lack of a Super Bowl and the past two years and you have a media feeding frenzy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With "fans" like you, this organization will continue to fail. My recommendation is that you look at what is going on critically.
    Could thinking like this be any more full of itself? This organization will succeed or fail regardless of "fans" like any poster here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Could thinking like this be any more full of itself? This organization will succeed or fail regardless of "fans" like any poster here.
    But that's the fun of being a fan!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you are going back 50 years before my time. Remember, they are in the business of selling soap. If you are a well run organization, you don't give them many opportunities for sexy headlines.
    LOL! Like they don't make them up when there's nothing there? Come on! You gotta be working in the media industry you homer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Right, in your mind Rex invited the photographer.

But he instead shot partially obstructed pictures with a long telephoto lens for artistic reasons.

A bush, a wall, a tree, whatever, he was hiding.
    No, Rex invited Tebow (was it Tebow they were shooting?)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    LOL! Like they don't make them up when there's nothing there? Come on! You gotta be working in the media industry you homer.
    Yeah, if you question the attitude of fans towards the median, you have to work for them. Again, its not the medias fault that the Jets offer so many opportunities to sell more soap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just confirmed what I claimed. When there is an auto wreck, a shooting, a bombing, or a circus, the media is on it!
    No, the opposite; the Giants are a well run organization and have been to a while now. Gary Myers started a fire twice campaigning for coughlin to be fired and that includes after he won a Super Bowl.

The point is that the media in this area will inflame anything to make a story. It matters not whether the franchise is run correctly or not. Enter into evidence exhibit B, the New York Yankees. Nobody wins more and yet the cess pool media will create a cartoon narrative for the back pages when they can.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, if you question the attitude of fans towards the median, you have to work for them. Again, its not the medias fault that the Jets offer so many opportunities to sell more soap.
    It appears you're as blind as the fans with the green glasses. You apparently believe that the media NEVER makes up a story!?!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It appears you're as blind as the fans with the green glasses. You apparently believe that the media NEVER makes up a story!?!?
    Did I say that? I just said the hatred of the media is a bit over board. It shows a lack of understanding of how they work?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats bunk

You don't understand the media. You give them a circus and they will report on it and become part of the CIRCUS! By the way, nobody is forcing you to make hostile replies to a post. Take a chill pill and ignore me.
    The first time circus was used as a word to describe the jets was this year when they traded for Tim Tebow. why did it become a so called circus, because every media whore in the country came to New york to follow Tim around and all his devotees.Thats when it became a circus,that word was never used until it was used this year to describe what was going on with regards to tebow and the non existent quarterback competition