Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Jets hire John Idzik as new GM

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So tired of reading these childish monikers.
    Whenever I read something like 'Suckchez' I generally expect to get nothing worthwhile out of the rest of the post.

Sorta like political posts where someone calls the US president Osama.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex Ryan did meet with Idzik to discuss philosophies, etc. But it was not part of the evaluation process. #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Khan and Idzik were the two finalists, in house candidate Cohen not considered a finalist. #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex met with Idzik but just in an informal setting. #nyj #jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    The front office behind Idzik is not expected to be overhauled, it sounds like many will stay in place. #jets #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    The #jets did not consider Dave Caldwell their first choice, source said. The $1 million housing requirement was on his end.

Jets Insider VIP
    McKayla Maroney is impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    The front office behind Idzik is not expected to be overhauled, it sounds like many will stay in place. #jets #nyj
    Before the draft sure, I expect this to change after the draft occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Idzik: Fire Rex and I want $2MM for a house.

Woody: You can fire Rex next year and I will give you the $2MM and some J&J stock.

Idzik: Done.
    I'd let them pay me fully in JNJ stock now if I were Idzik.

Sounds good, I like the Jets history, good resume

would like to know what Gamble did wrong in the interview

but nice to have this done

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Sounds good, I like the Jets history, good resume

would like to know what Gamble did wrong in the interview

but nice to have this done
    FWIW Adam Shien(sp?) from loud mouths just said Gamble said to fire Rex. So the Jets said he bombed...

BTW these two are killing the Jets on both these moves..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    here is Cimini ripping into the hiring.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ik-a-good-hire
    How can Cimini run such an a poorly researched article. Idzik did player personnel for 11 years BEFORE being the cap guy and then kept his foot on scouting. He is nothing like Tanny and comes from one of the most progressive teams in the NFL.

I will state right now I like this hire and disagree with almost everything that Cimini wrote.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    FWIW Adam Shien(sp?) from loud mouths just said Gamble said to fire Rex. So the Jets said he bombed...

That's the guy I really wanted then.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That's the guy I really wanted then.
    That's nothing but speculation by that goofy b*tch Schein.

and why would you believe anything Schein says he is so anti jets that anything the Jets do he mocks. If the Idzik and Mornhinweg were hired by another team they would have been great hires. He is a total clown.

JetsInsider.com Legend

I feel really good about this.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    How can Cimini run such an a poorly researched article. Idzik did player personnel for 11 years BEFORE being the cap guy and then kept his foot on scouting. He is nothing like Tanny and comes from one of the most progressive teams in the NFL.

I will state right now I like this hire and disagree with almost everything that Cimini wrote.
    I have found over the years that I disagree with 99% of what old Dick Seamen-i writes which is why I don't read his garbage bubblegum blogs anymore....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    and why would you believe anything Schein says he is so anti jets that anything the Jets do he mocks. If the Idzik and Mornhinweg were hired by another team they would have been great hires. He is a total clown.
    I don't just answered the poster with what Schein said hence FWIW...

From the new GM hire......

You can find who the haters are among our esteemed sports "journalists" who have their own hidden agendas. I have been critical in the past but I say now, give our new GM a chance. He has to make the 2013 draft work for us. And getting some good low priced FAs. And retaining some of our quality players who are entering the FA market. And getting us a QB. These are the tests that our GM is got to succeed in.

The Measure of Izdik

There is only one thing that rational Jet fan should ask himself. Is Izdik a competent executive who can be a leader? Does he have the humility to hire top notch people in areas that are not his strong points? Is he a leader who can inspire his staff to reach for greatness? What I am saying is that although he is primarily a capologist, he can definitely transcend the Tannenbaum school of General Management, by allowing his ego to play second fiddle to his executive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    There is only one thing that rational Jet fan should ask himself. Is Izdik a competent executive who can be a leader? Does he have the humility to hire top notch people in areas that are not his strong points? Is he a leader who can inspire his staff to reach for greatness? What I am saying is that although he is primarily a capologist, he can definitely transcend the Tannenbaum school of General Management, by allowing his ego to play second fiddle to his executive skills.
    Said this earlier in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Said this earlier in another thread.
    Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post

Completely agree. For me, the first test will be what he does with the dead wood in the front office. If Terry Bradway is still employed next week, that's a bad sign IMO. Idzik can show he has the judgment to lead by putting a competent team around him and truly ushering in a new era.