Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Jets hire John Idzik as new GM

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Just heard this interesting nugget. Bill Polian was in the room for some of the Jets GM interviews. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Completely agree. For me, the first test will be what he does with the dead wood in the front office. If Terry Bradway is still employed next week, that's a bad sign IMO. Idzik can show he has the judgment to lead by putting a competent team around him and truly ushering in a new era.
    Problem is, Bradway has presumably been scouting for months. I would think Idzik would retain him at least through the draft. And if the results are good, who knows from there?

Like others have said, Bradway allegedly lobbied for Russell Wilson last year. Maybe he's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Problem is, Bradway has presumably been scouting for months. I would think Idzik would retain him at least through the draft. And if the results are good, who knows from there?

Like others have said, Bradway allegedly lobbied for Russell Wilson last year. Maybe he's not so bad.
    I am honestely fine with Bradway in his current role, but I do expect changes after the draft.

Great. And Rich Kotite drafted Hugh Douglas, Keyshawn Johnson and found Wayne Chrebet. Did that make him a genius? Bradway has a large enough body of work to justify his immediate firing - in 2004. Oh, it's 9 years later you say? Even more reason.

Point is, if Idzik is going to come in here and basically leave the personnel staff as is, what was the point of hiring him? Mike Tannenbaum was a clown, but he was not singularly responsible for the calamity that is the Jets. Sure, we can't fire the owner, but we can clean out the rest of the house. And should.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great. And Rich Kotite drafted Hugh Douglas, Keyshawn Johnson and found Wayne Chrebet. Did that make him a genius? Bradway has a large enough body of work to justify his immediate firing - in 2004. Oh, it's 9 years later you say? Even more reason.

Point is, if Idzik is going to come in here and basically leave the personnel staff as is, what was the point of hiring him? Mike Tannenbaum was a clown, but he was not singularly responsible for the calamity that is the Jets. Sure, we can't fire the owner, but we can clean out the rest of the house. And should.
    First of all, I didn't know that Kotite was the Jets GM.

But in any event, maybe Bradway is a better scout than he is was a GM. I don't know the answer but I imagine Idzik will make the call as he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Just heard this interesting nugget. Bill Polian was in the room for some of the Jets GM interviews. #nyj
    a good sign!!!

First of all, I didn't know that Kotite was the Jets GM.

But in any event, maybe Bradway is a better scout than he is was a GM. I don't know the answer but I imagine Idzik will make the call as he sees fit.

Kotite was the "head of the family" (remember the press conference?) He had final say on personnel.

Bradway is the one constant in this organization since Parcells left. How has it worked out? Our personnel is in the worst shape it's been since... well, since Kotite. Seriously, I am so sick of how the Jets half-ass every decision. Tannenbaum should have been gone in '08 with Mangini. They were equally at fault. And now here we go again, Tanny goes but somehow the new GM keeps the coach. And the rest of the front office, too? If you want to change, go all in. This halfway crap doesn't usually work. And I hope Idzik is smart enough to see that. This year he brings in his own front office staff; next year his own coach.

here is the hierarchy of the Jets front office and coaching staff
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...ork_Jets_staff
    Last edited by JetFuel; 01-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    FWIW Adam Shien(sp?) from loud mouths just said Gamble said to fire Rex. So the Jets said he bombed...

BTW these two are killing the Jets on both these moves..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, right, this little nugget just slipped out after Idzik was signed up.

Welcome aboard Johnny Boy!!!

I thought Goodell was forcing Khan on them

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I thought Goodell was forcing Khan on them
    John's a brotha, didn't you know?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    FWIW Adam Shien(sp?) from loud mouths just said Gamble said to fire Rex. So the Jets said he bombed...

BTW these two are killing the Jets on both these moves..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    There were plenty of teams in need of a GM this year, how come every team passed on Gamble? If he interviewed well and has the qualifications, why did everyone else also pass on him?

This Rex part sounds like BS.

Kotite was the "head of the family" (remember the press conference?) He had final say on personnel.

Bradway is the one constant in this organization since Parcells left. How has it worked out? Our personnel is in the worst shape it's been since... well, since Kotite. Seriously, I am so sick of how the Jets half-ass every decision. Tannenbaum should have been gone in '08 with Mangini. They were equally at fault. And now here we go again, Tanny goes but somehow the new GM keeps the coach. And the rest of the front office, too? If you want to change, go all in. This halfway crap doesn't usually work. And I hope Idzik is smart enough to see that. This year he brings in his own front office staff; next year his own coach.
    Don't agree with the hate on Bradway. Saw an article a year or so ago that Jets were ranked very highly for efficiency of players who were still in the league, a sign of good scouting. It all comes down to the qb. If you have one you usually look great. How did all those Polian picks look when Peyton went down? The problem for the Jets was not that they didn't draft some solid players, the problem is they missed on the qb and they didn't use enough of their picks in the last few years.

He also called Tanny after Revis workout and told him Revis wouldn't be there when the Jets picked in the mid-20s

You can't blame Bradway (Clinkscales or scouts) when the HC and/or GM decide to go their own way i.e. pick a FB...

Bradway is a good scout..He also enjoys it. He wasn't a good GM and didn't like it..

All that said, Idzik will make the necessary changes to the FO that he wants...

Here are the bios on all the scouts and front office

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...ff%20Bios.html

Now that Idzik is GM(and that Morning-WIG...lol...is OC),

PLEASE GET RID OF TEBOW!!!!!

(and Re-sign Braylon..... )

Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Don't agree with the hate on Bradway. Saw an article a year or so ago that Jets were ranked very highly for efficiency of players who were still in the league, a sign of good scouting. It all comes down to the qb. If you have one you usually look great. How did all those Polian picks look when Peyton went down? The problem for the Jets was not that they didn't draft some solid players, the problem is they missed on the qb and they didn't use enough of their picks in the last few years.

You're right. When Bradway was GM he let James Farrior walk to sign Sam Cowart. Farrior was still in the league up until this year. He let Kareem Mckenzie (his own very good draft pick) walk in free agency, even though OT is one of the premium positions you should pay to keep. Kareem was still in the league as of last year or the year before. He still has a huge say in personnel, which means he has some responsibility for the Jets' bad judgment in *getting rid* of those players. Does he not?

You're right. When Bradway was GM he let James Farrior walk to sign Sam Cowart. Farrior was still in the league up until this year. He let Kareem Mckenzie (his own very good draft pick) walk in free agency, even though OT is one of the premium positions you should pay to keep. Kareem was still in the league as of last year or the year before. He still has a huge say in personnel, which means he has some responsibility for the Jets' bad judgment in *getting rid* of those players. Does he not?
    Agree but if he is in a scouting role he knows that space well and we shouldn't be so quick to discount that role. Also remember that Farrior was let go because he didn't fit Herm's system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Now that Idzik is GM(and that Morning-WIG...lol...is OC),

PLEASE GET RID OF TEBOW!!!!!

(and Re-sign Braylon..... )
    BUT BUT BUT ALL HE DOES DOES IS *WIN, DOE!

*ride the coattails of his defense and kicker