Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Jets hire John Idzik as new GM

All League
    WHERE IS THE POLL?

CAST YOUR VOTE ON THE IDZIK HIRE:
    LIKE IT:
    HATE IT:

I'LL BET ITS 50-50 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Agree but if he is in a scouting role he knows that space well and we shouldn't be so quick to discount that role. Also remember that Farrior was let go because he didn't fit Herm's system.

And that is partly the point. Good organizations don't get rid of good players because they don't fit the system - they build a system around those good players. Bradway has been a big part of that kind of flawed thinking.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    And that is partly the point. Good organizations don't get rid of good players because they don't fit the system - they build a system around those good players. Bradway has been a big part of that kind of flawed thinking.
    His job is to give detailed reports on players in both college and pro's. And then give advice when requested based upon those reports. He's not making roster based decisions like that.

Gotta love the NY Post. Serby article in there today where they already interviewed Idzik's mom. Serby has got a brilliant, witty way about him. Also, the paper uncovered Captain Kangaroo was a Jet Fan and helped Idzik get into Dartmouth. Can't make this stuff up!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I feel really good about this.

SAR I
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    His job is to give detailed reports on players in both college and pro's. And then give advice when requested based upon those reports. He's not making roster based decisions like that.

I am not a Gary Myers fan. In fact I can't stand him. But every once in a while he makes some sense. Like today:

Unless Idzik shakes up the Jets personnel department, the same people who were advising Mike Tannenbaum will be advising Idzik, and isn't how the Jets got in trouble in the first place? Johnson didn't do more than move around the furniture when he really needed a whole new dining room set.
    Johnson decided to keep the same organizational model he had with Tannenbaum, which makes little sense. "Business as usual isn't good enough," an NFL source said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2IQbdGo54

I am not a Gary Myers fan. In fact I can't stand him. But every once in a while he makes some sense. Like today:
    You really enjoy misery huh?

Can we give the new regime a chance? Is that too much to ask?

Idzik hasn't even started yet. Let's give the guy a chance, for god's sake!

All the garbage I've read in the papers, online, and all the uninformed, obnoxious bluster I've heard on the radio has really pissed me off! Let's see what this guy does before we make any statements about organizational models or cap-guy, personnel-guy crap.

As for me, I'm excited and optimistic about the future. We'll see how it all plays out.

But we don't know how much Tannenbaum listened to his FO/Scouts or Rex when it came to personnel decisions..

My take on Idzik and the little we know of him is he'll listen to both sides but won't have any problem saying "NO" to Rex...IMO that was Tannenbaum's undoing..

This quote failed to appear in the Gary Myers article nor did it register a reaction from Francesa (why would it? he knows all;

one person connected to Idzik told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that Idzik's football IQ is far better than he's being given credit for. "He builds things," the source said. "This is a great day for the Jets."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-issues-remain

Again, instead of giving both sides of the discussion fair play for the readers/listeners to decide, we ram home the story line that we decide. In another thread I explained how the narrative was already being formed before Idzik was even hired. No amount of information about his background (like the 11 years he spend on the personnel side in Tampa Bay) was going to get in the way of the story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    You really enjoy misery huh?

Can we give the new regime a chance? Is that too much to ask?
    but thats the point to myers article?? is it really a regime change?? if new gm is using same scouts??? p.s. i like the hire btw

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    WHERE IS THE POLL?

CAST YOUR VOTE ON THE IDZIK HIRE:
    LIKE IT:
    HATE IT:

I'LL BET ITS 50-50 LOL
    OK you are on. Name the bet. Just start a poll and lets PM details of the bet. Put your money where your mouth is! Please start a poll and lets see who wins our bet!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    but thats the point to myers article?? is it really a regime change?? if new gm is using same scouts??? p.s. i like the hire btw
    I believe it's common practice to make changes to scouting departments after the draft. It's too late in the process for the 2013 draft. We will see changes probably early May.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I believe it's common practice to make changes to scouting departments after the draft. It's too late in the process for the 2013 draft. We will see changes probably early May.
    Makes sense. Idzik is in a very strong position right now. It's almost as if he has a free year to evaluate players, coaches and FO staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    This.

We will have to wait until may but rest assured that if Idzik does the correct thing and puts his own staff together, the local media will barely acknowledge it. It will be lost in the start of the baseball season and Knicks run. So the perceptions that are created now will linger.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    presser monday or tuesday??

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM17 View Post
    Idzik hasn't even started yet. Let's give the guy a chance, for god's sake!

All the garbage I've read in the papers, online, and all the uninformed, obnoxious bluster I've heard on the radio has really pissed me off! Let's see what this guy does before we make any statements about organizational models or cap-guy, personnel-guy crap.

As for me, I'm excited and optimistic about the future. We'll see how it all plays out.
    AMEN....can we wait until the guy finds his way to the coffee station and makes some moves before we villify or praise him......stop listening to the beat reporters who's ONLY incentive at this point is to stir things up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    AMEN....can we wait until the guy finds his way to the coffee station and makes some moves before we villify or praise him......stop listening to the beat reporters who's ONLY incentive at this point is to stir things up.
    this!! lets wait to we hear from the guy on thursday

Hall Of Fame
    What exactly has Matt Flynn done? He started a whopping 2 games in the league.....Sanchez will not be the starter in 2013 but I am confident that the Jets will do better than Matt Fylnn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You are going to upset the Sanchez fans by saying things like that! But I agree with you! One thing for sure is that he knows Flynn. If he feels the guy is the real deal he will make a move for him I think. The new OC can not win with an inaccurate QB at the helm. That is proven.

Hall Of Fame
    The Jets are a calamity after a 6-10 season? Two years removed from getting to the AFC title game two years in a row followed by an 8-8 season.......The Jets are NOT a calamity....they just have little talent.....some of you truly are caught up in the media hype with the circus talk etc.....lol Calamity???? lol what would you call the lions, Browns etc then???? sheesh

Great. And Rich Kotite drafted Hugh Douglas, Keyshawn Johnson and found Wayne Chrebet. Did that make him a genius? Bradway has a large enough body of work to justify his immediate firing - in 2004. Oh, it's 9 years later you say? Even more reason.

Point is, if Idzik is going to come in here and basically leave the personnel staff as is, what was the point of hiring him? Mike Tannenbaum was a clown, but he was not singularly responsible for the calamity that is the Jets. Sure, we can't fire the owner, but we can clean out the rest of the house. And should.