Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: The Fat man "Idzik is Tannenbaum" nothing has changed

  1. #61
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,463
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike Francesa is close with Mike Tannenbaum and scores of NFL insiders going back 20+ years.

    I think I'd trust his take on the situation a wee bit more than a bunch of fanboy's on the Homer Strip.

    SAR I
    lol, right...I tried to listen on the drive home I heard him say at least 17 times the Jets wouldn't let him do his show from headquarters to cover the press conference because it would be impossible otherwise...then I changed the channel.


    I've got news for...everyone, just because someone has a radio or TV show does not make them more knowledgeable then the fans on this site that pour their heart and soul into loving this franchise. Francesa is right on a lot of things however anything Jets related he is blinded by hatred and the hope of being able to say, "I told you so," somewhere down the road in a dozen or so years.

  2. #62
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Precisely. The rage on Mike is just a manifestation of the failures of our franchise. People, grow up.
    I can't believe Jets Insider these days, more like Homer Insider.

    We spend the entire summer hearing from the Terrible Two and their merry band that we're going to go 12-4 and that Rex Ryan hasn't lost control of the team.

    We spend the entire fall watching the worst display of Jets football since 1996.

    Now we're spending the winter listening to the Rex Ryan apologists spin every bad Jets decision after another on "media bias".

    It's unbelievable how gullible so many people can be.

    SAR I

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't believe Jets Insider these days, more like Homer Insider.

    We spend the entire summer hearing from the Terrible Two and their merry band that we're going to go 12-4 and that Rex Ryan hasn't lost control of the team.

    We spend the entire fall watching the worst display of Jets football since 1996.

    Now we're spending the winter listening to the Rex Ryan apologists spin every bad Jets decision after another on "media bias".

    It's unbelievable how gullible so many people can be.

    SAR I
    Speak for yourself, sh1thead. You're boring and always have been.

  4. #64
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    lol, right...I tried to listen on the drive home I heard him say at least 17 times the Jets wouldn't let him do his show from headquarters to cover the press conference because it would be impossible otherwise...then I changed the channel.

    I've got news for...everyone, just because someone has a radio or TV show does not make them more knowledgeable then the fans on this site that pour their heart and soul into loving this franchise. Francesa is right on a lot of things however anything Jets related he is blinded by hatred and the hope of being able to say, "I told you so," somewhere down the road in a dozen or so years.
    Hold on.

    This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

    1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together.

    2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a better GM in here.

    3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly.

    4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.

    5. Rex Ryan went from having 80% say in picking players to 100% now.

    ....and I'll throw in Adam Schein....

    6. John Idzik is a cap guy, all the Jets did was replaced one Mike T with another Mike T. Idzik has some player personnel background a long time ago, Mike T had it recently, same thing.

    7. Marty Mornhinweg is a terrible hire, a bad OC from a bad team who wants to run a style of offense the Jets are incapable of playing.

    8. The guy they should have hired, Tom Gamble, was eliminated from consideration because he said that as a player personnel guy the first thing that needed to be done was terminate Rex Ryan.

    Are any of these media members getting this wrong?

    SAR I

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hold on.

    This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

    1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together.

    2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a better GM in here.

    3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly.

    4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.

    5. Rex Ryan went from having 80% say in picking players to 100% now.

    ....and I'll throw in Adam Schein....

    6. John Idzik is a cap guy, all the Jets did was replaced one Mike T with another Mike T. Idzik has some player personnel background a long time ago, Mike T had it recently, same thing.

    7. Marty Mornhinweg is a terrible hire, a bad OC from a bad team who wants to run a style of offense the Jets are incapable of playing.

    8. The guy they should have hired, Tom Gamble, was eliminated from consideration because he said that as a player personnel guy the first thing that needed to be done was terminate Rex Ryan.

    Are any of these media members getting this wrong?

    SAR I
    We just have to hope that Idzik is a really talented leader and can right the ship.

  6. #66
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Speak for yourself, sh1thead. You're boring and always have been.
    lay off the personal stuff fellas

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Francessa.

    Cimini.

    Hubbuch.

    SAR I.
    LoL, very true...

  8. #68
    Here are some hard truths;

    Woody Johnson and Mike Francesa are equal partners in sharing the blame for the sick relationship. Johnson is tone deaf when it comes to dealing with the media. He either does not understand how he comes across or does not think it matters. But he has made some poor decisions in regards to how he relates to and handles the media.

    Mike Francesa is an arrogant blowhard who's ego has gotten completely out of hand. Because he is now solo every day he has no one to check him. He is intelligent and works hard but is betrayed by serious personality flaws that has led to his arrogant and rude demeanor.

    There is blame to go around in this Francesa/Jets nonsense and neither one is losing sleep. The actions of the Jets under Woody Johnson has been clownish at times. Francesa's act towards the team has been unprofessional at times. To disagree with either part is to be tone deaf as well.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-18-2013 at 07:49 PM.

  9. #69
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,463
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hold on.

    This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

    1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together.


    SAR I
    disagree, I think Rex should have another shot

    2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a better GM in here.
    The Jets wanted Caldwell, he didn't have the sac to handle a big market, good luck in Jax lol

    3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly.
    The Jets roster is a mess, a product of Tanny's top heavy no depth strategy


    4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.
    Says Francesa? because he is so tuned into the inner workings of the NY Jets

    ...

    as to the other twits twittering away and bashing the Jets for chuckles and followers, I don't think people really give a **** what they say.

    The Jets need help, and after an exhaustive search decided on the best candidate in the view of those making decisions. Until you or I am a decision maker for the NY Jets the best course of action is to sign on and hope you will be happy in the near future. Or of course grab onto the next championship team's coattails. I don't see you doing that.

  10. #70
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Idzik very popular around the league. Hearing a lot of praise for him. I keep hearing how smart he is.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Just heard this interesting nugget. Bill Polian was in the room for some of the Jets GM interviews

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex Ryan did meet with Idzik to discuss philosophies, etc. But it was not part of the evaluation process. #nyj

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Also, Idzik has final say on all personnel decisions.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hold on.

    This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

    1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together. YES no argument

    2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a betterGM in here. NO(free year for new gm no loyalty to rex after 2013)

    3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly.YES and mr.t is gone for it

    4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.No based on using korn/ferry and this detailed search..rex didnt sit in on search

    5. Rex Ryan went from having 80% say in picking players to 100% now.[B]NOT true!! woody said in presser..rex picks coaches gm picks players..been reported today idzik has 100% say in personnel
    .Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Also, Idzik has final say on all personnel decisions.B]


    ....and I'll throw in Adam Schein....

    6. John Idzik is a cap guy, all the Jets did was replaced one Mike T with another Mike T. Idzik has some player personnel background a long time ago, Mike T had it recently, same thing.NOPE!! 11 YEARS PLAYER PERSONNEL!! WAS A COACH AND PLAYER NOT CLOSE COMPARISON TO MR.T

    7. Marty Mornhinweg is a terrible hire, a bad OC from a bad team who wants to run a style of offense the Jets are incapable of playing. 2008-2010 SHATTERED EAGLE RECORDS ON OFFENSE FOR PTS SCORED..2010 ASS. COACH OF THE YEAR..PFW..BEST OC SINCE HENNING..

    8. The guy they should have hired, Tom Gamble, was eliminated from consideration because he said that as a player personnel guy the first thing that needed to be done was terminate Rex Ryan.Just a Rumor..where were the other teams knocking down gambles door??

    Are any of these media members getting this wrong?


    SAR I
    you have some fair points but some of them are a reach and come off very slanted to fit your agenda..use facts..read mohrinweg bio tell me its not encouraging..http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com...nhinweg_1.html
    Last edited by ryan10; 01-18-2013 at 07:56 PM.

  12. #72
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Idzik very popular around the league. Hearing a lot of praise for him. I keep hearing how smart he is.

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Just heard this interesting nugget. Bill Polian was in the room for some of the Jets GM interviews

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex Ryan did meet with Idzik to discuss philosophies, etc. But it was not part of the evaluation process. #nyj

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Also, Idzik has final say on all personnel decisions.
    All good tweets if true.

    Manish also tweeted that Idzik will have final say on all personnel decisions.

  13. #73
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,207
    and I'm sure Idzik had his hand in on the Mornhinweg hiring.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Nobody knows how this will turn out... The guy has an eclectic background and seems like a good candidate. I think Caldwell was the only guy the Jets really wanted and they made a move early. He decided to go to Jacksonville. After that the team went on the due diligence train and moved on from there. GM is the one area that I don't think you need a retread and fresh blood is better. The reason for this is that GMs usually get plenty of time to put their stamp on a team.

    Furthermore, Tanny was not at all a horrible GM. While the past two seasons leave one wondering, over his tenure here the Jets have made the playoffs 5 times and gone to 2 AFC Championship games ( going off my head and did not look up) Under his watch we drafted some pro bowl players like Mangold, Ferguson, and Revis. Coples and Wilkerson look like keepers. I was ready to move on from him but it is not like Tanny was a complete failure in the position.

    I am happy we have a hire and look forward to seeing what he does!!!
    Tanny would probably still have a job if he didn't give Sanchez a contract extension after last season.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    With such contempt in his voice!! You'd think he would want to give a look at Idzik's credentials before he starts running his mouth...
    I guessed right. I knew who the "fatman" was before I even clicked on this thread. I stopped listening to that guy 3 years ago. He used to be a good listen years back but he's just so boring now. I don't even bother with him. I don't listen to that station at all.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People are nuts if they think that Tanny and Idzik are the "same" Look at Tanny's work history and duties:


    Pittsfield Mets
    Tannenbaum was an intern for the Pittsfield Mets during the 1991 season.[3]
    [edit]Cleveland Browns
    Tannenbaum worked in the Cleveland Browns' personnel department acting as an assistant under Bill Belichick.[1]
    [edit]New Orleans Saints
    Tannenbaum worked as an intern in the New Orleans Saints personnel department while he attended law school[1] In 1996, he worked for the team as a player personnel assistant.[1]
    [edit]New York Jets
    Tannenbaum was hired by the New York Jets on February 19, 1997 as the Director of Player Contract Negotiations.[1] Over the years, Tannenbaum served in numerous administrative positions with the team including Senior Vice President of Football Operations and Assistant General Manager.
    Tannenbaum succeeded Terry Bradway as the team's new general manager in 2006.[4][5]
    Tannenbaum signed a contract extension with the team through 2014.[6]
    Following the last game of the 2012 NFL regular season, Jets owner Woody Johnson announced that Tannenbaum would not return for the 2013 season.[7]


    Now look at the work history of Idzik:

    John Idzik begins his sixth season with the Seahawks after joining the club on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings.

    Prior to joining the Seahawks, Idzik spent three seasons as Senior Director of Football Operations for the Arizona Cardinals, helping to build an eventual NFC champion. Idzik entered the NFL in 1993 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent 11 years with the Buccaneers, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant and then was elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996 and Assistant General Manager in 2001. Prior to his tenure with the Buccaneers, Idzik spent the 1991-92 seasons as a graduate assistant coach at Duke University, where he assisted with the offensive line and running backs. In 1990 he was the offensive backfield coach for the Aberdeen Oilers (Scotland) of the British American Football League. Idzik’s first coaching assignment came in 1982 as receivers coach at the State University of New York at Buffalo.

    Raised in a football family, Idzik’s father, also John, was the head coach of the Aberdeen club after serving as an NFL assistant coach for the Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, and N.Y. Jets. They became one of the NFL’s few father-son Super Bowl champions in 2003 when the younger Idzik’s Buccaneers won Super Bowl XXXVII, as his father was the offensive backfield coach of the Super Bowl V champion Baltimore Colts.

    A native of Detroit, Idzik graduated with magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa honors from Dartmouth College in 1982 earning a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, where he also played wide receiver for the Ivy League Champion Big Green. He later earned a master’s degree in liberal studies from Duke University in 1992.



    Now tell me they are the "same"..
    John Idzik grew up in a football environment. Idzik's father was the OC NYJ under Walt Michaels from 1976-79. Idzik himself played college football and coached there too. He's had his hand in scouting and evaluation with several different teams. Has a degree in mathematics. And is noted to be very good at the CAP and the business side of football.

    This is a well rounded and talented individual, who has spent his whole adult life in various related football capacities. He's not an accountant wannabe trying to break into a position within a sports organization.

    He knows and understands the game of football. But because he's good at the CAP and negotiating contracts...this is somehow construed as a negative? Not me...I'm not going to prejudge him based on that. I'm simply going to judge him specifically on his performance.

    I understand that he's agreed to try and work with Rex, and make this successful. If it's not working...well I hope Idzik has full power and authority to fire Rex, if he so chooses. Or anyone else for that matter. IMO, it is important that Idzik have full control of the football operation, in order to successfully carry out his vision, and plan of action for the NYJ.

    Whether he's the right or wrong guy for GM NYJ...I'm going to reserve judgment. And base my opinion on...

    How he's doing in reshaping this mess of an offense. How Idzik drafts. Who he pursues in FA. The kinds of trades he makes. And whether he signs players to contracts that realistically reflects their true CAP value to the team. And so on.

    If Idzik is giving a quality performance in these areas...then I'm happy with him.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hold on.

    This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

    1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together. I WILL GO ALONG WITH THIS ONE. I WOULD HAVE STARTED OVER TOO BUT BASED ON HIS FIRST 2 YEARS OF SUCCESS, THAT BOUGHT REX ANOTHER YEAR. REX HAD THE BEST FIRST TWO YEARS OF ANY COACH IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE.

    2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a better GM in here. NAME THE SO CALLED BETTER GM THAT WOULD HAVE COME HERE. I DISAGREE WITH THIS. ALL GM HIRES WERE MEN WHO WERE NEVER GM'S BEFORE. JURY IS OUT ON ALL THE GM'S THAT WERE HIRED.

    3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly. I AGREE WITH THIS. THE LAST TWO YEARS,MIKE TANNENBAUM DID A BAD JOB EVEN THOUGH WILKERSON,COPLES AND KERLEY ARE KEEPERS

    4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.THAT'S JUST SO OFF BASE. PERCEPTION BECOMES REALITY.

    5. Rex Ryan went from having 80% say in picking players to 100% now.THAT REMAINS TO BE SEEN. NOT PROVEN YET

    ....and I'll throw in Adam Schein....

    6. John Idzik is a cap guy, all the Jets did was replaced one Mike T with another Mike T. Idzik has some player personnel background a long time ago, Mike T had it recently, same thing.WRONG. IDZIK IS A FORMER PLAYER/COACH AND WAS INVOLVED IN PLAYER EVALUATIONS AND SCOUTING. MIKE T DID A GOOD JOB WITH THE JETS OVERALL. THE LAST TWO YEARS WERE FAILURES. HE WAS NEVER JUST A "CAP GUY" NOR IS IDZIK JUST A "CAP GUY"

    7. Marty Mornhinweg is a terrible hire, a bad OC from a bad team who wants to run a style of offense the Jets are incapable of playing. BAD OC WITH TOP 10 OFFENSES ON HIS RESUME. FROM 06 TO 2012,EAGLES 3RD IN YARDS,6TH IN SCORING, 1998 49ERS ALL TIME RECORD FOR TOTAL TEAM YARDAGE. 5 DIFFERENT QB'S MADE PRO BOWL UNDER MORNHINWEG. JETS DO NEED BETTER TALENT ON OFFENSE. I AGREE WITH THAT PART OF IT

    8. The guy they should have hired, Tom Gamble, was eliminated from consideration because he said that as a player personnel guy the first thing that needed to be done was terminate Rex Ryan.MIKE FRANCESSA WAS NOT IN THE ROOM WITH THE JETS WHEN GAMBLE WAS INTERVIEWED.GAMBLE CAME IN KNOWING THAT REX WAS GOING TO BE HERE IN 2013. GAMBLE CANCELLED HIS JACKSONVILLE INTERVIEW IN HOPES OF GETTING THE JETS JOB. GAMBLE DID NOT GET ANY OTHER JOB THIS OFFSEASON

    Are any of these media members getting this wrong? YES GO BACK AND READ WHAT I WROTE

    SAR I
    Come back to me on this one. Dispute the facts. Go ahead.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,614
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike Francesa is close with Mike Tannenbaum and scores of NFL insiders going back 20+ years.

    I think I'd trust his take on the situation a wee bit more than a bunch of fanboy's on the Homer Strip.

    SAR I
    Well there it is , if Fatso is in with Tanny of course he will hate whoever replaces him, it could be the second coming of Vince Lombardi or anyone else. Of course given that the Jets banned themselves from his 'show', that's hard to believe.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us