Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cimini, Myers rips the John Idzik hire....did you expect anything else?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fredmertz View Post
    You are very selective with the stats.

Over last 20 seasons, 20th in Wins, 12th in playoff games. Low end of mediocre over 20 seasons.

Last 10 seasons, 19th in Wins, 9th in playoff games. Low end of mediocre over 10 seasons.

Last 5 seasons, 13th in Wins, 6th in playoff games. High end of mediocre over 5 seasons.

6 of the 14 playoff games over the last 20 years were in 2 seasons, and that was boosted by the fact that they can't ever get a bye.

How's this for a stat: 7 home playoff games over the last 45 years, 2nd worst of all teams that have been around that long, behind only the Lions. Here are some teams that have more home playoff games in their history than the Jets: CIN, NO, CLE, SEA.

In the last 25 seasons, the Jets are tied for the fewest home playoff games (2) among all NFL teams with Detroit and Houston -- a team that came into the league in 2002.

I have had season tickets for 13 seasons and have been to 1 home playoff game, half as many as a similar Jaguars fan.

Not good.
    Be careful. You'll be labelled a SOJF even though you're just speaking your mind. Not allowed to do that anymore.

It's funny. Some go back to the post-Parcells era and cheer. Some go back to the Rex Ryan era and revel in glory of back-to-back AFCCG losses. I like to go back to, you know, more recent history, a time when it's fair to judge Rex Ryan on the merits of the roster he built himself. 8-8 and 6-10. 1-11 against teams with winning records.

I knew after Pittsburgh '10 that this version of the Jets were over. I thought our owner would get that memo after '11, maybe '12.

He still doesn't get it.

So I'm going on Year 3 of Woodsanity. Some are only figuring that out after last season, some haven't figured it out as yet. I have no problem with the starry-eyed optimists; not sure why they have a problem with anyone who doesn't see it their way.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by fredmertz View Post
    You are very selective with the stats.
    Not particularly. I made clear why I use the 1997 point, as most Fans see it was, in fact, a sea change for the Franchise in more ways than one.

Clearly the years before 1997 were some of the worst in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I will support the team. But I can't be optimistic about the team.

I want us to win, but I know we won't.

I want the new guy to succeed, but I know he can't in this situation.

I wish and hope for the best, but I know it won't end well.
    The Same Old Jets Fan Creed.

One wonders, if they're so deeply and painfully miserable with a self-described no chance to ever feel pleasure from their persuit......why do they stay as fans.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

The Same Old Jets Fan Creed.

One wonders, if they're so deeply and painfully miserable with a self-described no chance to ever feel pleasure from their persuit......why do they stay as fans.
    Since starting my fandom in 1978 I've been this outraged exactly 2 times. Kotite '95-'96 and Ryan '12-'13. I'm allowed.

It must be nice from the cheap seats, Ebert.

From 2001-2010 I attended 5+ home games a season enduring a 10+ hour round trip drive to watch Herman Edwards and the gang lose more games than we won. 55 round trips in snow, ice, driving rain, never stopped believing.

New stadium? First in line. Like any other fan with 4 seats, spent $16,000+ on PSL's and committed to 30 years of season tickets to the tune of $240,000. I'll miss hundreds of my kids soccer games, baseball games, miss hundreds of my grandkids ballet recitals and theater performances.

So you keep your opinions on what makes a good "fan" to yourself there in the cheap seats. You don't live in New York, you don't make an effort to attend live games, you don't spend any money on the team, and we don't need an angry poster critic pretending to be a Jets fan taking potshots when true fans are at an all-time low.

Pitchers and catchers reporting soon, Mr. Washington Nationals fan.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since starting my fandom in 1978 I've been this outraged exactly 2 times. Kotite '95-'96 and Ryan '12-'13. I'm allowed.

It must be nice from the cheap seats, Ebert.

From 2001-2010 I attended 5+ home games a season enduring a 10+ hour round trip drive to watch Herman Edwards and the gang lose more games than we won. 55 round trips in snow, ice, driving rain, never stopped believing.

New stadium? First in line. Like any other fan with 4 seats, spent $16,000+ on PSL's and committed to 30 years of season tickets to the tune of $240,000. I'll miss hundreds of my kids soccer games, baseball games, miss hundreds of my grandkids ballet recitals and theater performances.

So you keep your opinions on what makes a good "fan" to yourself there in the cheap seats. You don't live in New York, you don't make an effort to attend live games, you don't spend any money on the team, and we don't need an angry poster critic pretending to be a Jets fan taking potshots when true fans are at an all-time low.

SAR I
    You must remember my dear SAR ... It was your choice to make .... Jets or Kids Soccer Games ...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You must remember my dear SAR ... It was your choice to make .... Jets or Kids Soccer Games ...
    My choice, I chose to make it.

Say what you want about our opinions; don't say we're bad fans.

SAR I

SAR I
    Save it Eyore. Your routine is old and tired and repetative.

Poor old SAR, woe is him, he just can't ever believe in the Jets again. Cry us a river. If you hate the team so much, stop following them. Giants and Yankees are more your style anyway.

Your opinion that the only "good" fans live in New York and attend every home game? Laughable.

How many time can you post the same thing SAR. You're unfulfilled. Go jerk off and save us all the sturm und drang.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    The bile spewed out by the NY media is UNBELIEVABLE !! The guy was just hired and hasn't even done anything yet, but already he's been pre-judged and slated for failure and firing. RIDICULOUS !!

Beat writers wonder why ppl don't want to come to the Jets... it's not the Jets and the circus... it's you @ss clowns and the circus you create.
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Save it Eyore. Your routine is old and tired and repetative.

Poor old SAR, woe is him, he just can't ever believe in the Jets again. Cry us a river. If you hate the team so much, stop following them. Giants and Yankees are more your style anyway.

Your opinion that the only "good" fans live in New York and attend every home game? Laughable.

How many time can you post the same thing SAR. You're unfulfilled. Go jerk off and save us all the sturm und drang.
    Please stand clear of the closing doors.

SAR I

I don't get the media hate. This organization has been a clown show and the media has correctly recognized this. This organization hires an unfiltered bull in a china shop HC and you expect the media to ignore his self promoting "I am the best, we are the best" schtick, especially when this organization consistently falls flat on its face. This organization whores for attention like few others in the NFL yet you get upset when the media pushes back. I'm sorry but the Jets created this monster and fed this monster and cultivated this monster.....Favre, Hard Knocks, Wrecks, Tebow, the yearly OC/DC firings. Wild cap spending, locker room sniping, unnamed team sources, pin up QB, etc etc......Are you kidding me? The Jets are a reality show, not a serious football operation.
    The scariest part is the notion that Wrecks has expanded his influence within the organization. Four years into it and now he wants to imprint his personality on the offense? Heaven help the NYJ.
    As far as our new GM, not one story out there about any success identifying NFL caliber players. Clearly he is a manager, a well organized suit hired to consolidate information. The question is," Who takes that data and makes the ultimate decision"......Wrecks....the guy who pounded the table for Sanchez?
    As one of the articles points out, woody hired a guy first and foremost to protect his money. Tranny went off the reservation. This new bean counter's first priority is stabilize out going expenses. I see it clear as day. This team is a long term fix, both on and off the field. The key will be muzzling the short term ambitions of the HC who Woody has mistakenly allowed to remain in a position of influence. The bean counter sees a multi year make over, Wrecks wants immediate change to preserve his Jets paycheck.
    Get ready for the next story line out of the NY media....Wrecks vs GM

When I read threads like this, I have to remind myself that at least 60% of the Jets fans on this discussion forum have never known the team to be anything other than a playoff contender. Anyone under the age of 30 only knows the Jets post-Parcells, and that means averaging 9 wins per season for 15 seasons when we have a healthy starting quarterback.

Rich Cimini, Gary Myers, Mark Cannizaro, Steve Serby, Mike Lupica, and Mike Francesa have been covering this team since the early 1980s. Not only do they know a thing or two about our team, but unlike all of these newb 'writers' with their blogs they have deep connections to the NFL and the Jets as a franchise.

What many of you view as negativity is, in fact, truth. These guys are not piling on the Jets, they just know a thing or two about what's going on. In fact, I challenge any of you to copy and paste an article from any of these writers during the past 15 years where they were flat out wrong. I'd be surprised if you could even come up with one or two articles out of the thousands that these Jets experts have written that weren't correct.

SAR I
    What a surprise, our man Sar thinks the paper pushers know what sells papers. Well I have been following this team since the 60's and I think most of these guys have to sell papers and are full of **** !

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    What a surprise, our man Sar thinks the paper pushers know what sells papers. Well I have been following this team since the 60's and I think most of these guys have to sell papers and are full of **** !
    Go find an article where they were dead wrong and paste it here. I'd love to see it as I don't recall any at all.

In fact, they called the Al Groh and Eric Mangini firings before any of us did.

Don't confuse what they say with how they say it. Of course a bombastic headline and some emotional language is embellished in the newspaper world, we all know that. But strip that stuff away, all the pundits are saying is that our new GM is not a personnel guy. And they're saying that Rex Ryan is pulling all the strings. And they're saying that our offensive coordinator comes from a failed program and runs a style that is the antithesis of how we're built. Is any of that wrong?

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.

All League
    I'm willing to wait and see.

I understand the talk about 'personnel guy' vs. 'cap guy' but I don't know if it's better to have one over the other... BUT doesn't a team hire a bunch of 'personnel guys' anyway...called the scouting dept? isn't it THEIR job to identify the available talent pool of college and NFL players and present it in a fashion so that the GM and HC can decide which of those presented fits the needs of the team?

So I guess maybe I'm saying that having a GM who is a cap guy might not be the end of the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Go find an article where they were dead wrong and paste it here. I'd love to see it as I don't recall any at all.

In fact, they called the Al Groh and Eric Mangini firings before any of us did.

Don't confuse what they say with how they say it. Of course a bombastic headline and some emotional language is embellished in the newspaper world, we all know that. But strip that stuff away, all the pundits are saying is that our new GM is not a personnel guy. And they're saying that Rex Ryan is pulling all the strings. And they're saying that our offensive coordinator comes from a failed program and runs a style that is the antithesis of how we're built. Is any of that wrong?

SAR I
    Groh served as Head Coach of the New York Jets for the 2000 season, resigning after one year to pursue the job at his alma mater, University of Virginia. He wasn't fired.. You use anything negative the media says to back up your anti Rex/Jets agenda..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Groh served as Head Coach of the New York Jets for the 2000 season, resigning after one year to pursue the job at his alma mater, University of Virginia. He wasn't fired.. You use anything negative the media says to back up your anti Rex/Jets agenda..
    Not to mention Herm wasn't fired either. He wanted to go to KC.

Which is actually worse. Over the past 15 years, the Jets have had many more head coaches quit (Parcells, Bellicheck, Groh, Edwards) than they've had to actually fire (Mangini).

THAT is pathetic.