Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets hire Mornhinweg as OC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why didnt andy reid bring morningwig to KC with him?
    'Cause he's a joke. I'm hating this hire more by the minute.

Anyway, he has my support. Better than Sparano, God willing.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Im not a fan of this hire at all. What has he done that would lead anyone to believe he is a great offensive mind? History shows he's successful with a boat load of talent, but a loser with anything less...

Love this blurb from his wiki

During the 20012002 seasons, Mornhinweg was the head coach of the Detroit Lions, where he compiled a 5-27 record. The most notable moment in Mornhinweg's history as a head coach came during a 2002 game against the Chicago Bears. The game went into overtime, and the Lions won the toss. However, Mornhinweg felt that having the wind in his favor was more important than getting the ball, despite having as his kicker Jason Hanson, who hit a then-NCAA record 62-yard field goal in his college days at Washington State University. He elected to kick rather than receive. As it turned out, the Lions never got the ball; on the Bears opening drive, Chicago scored a field goal to win the game. Mornhinweg's decision was that season's runner-up for the Terry Award to Dwayne Rudd's premature helmet toss celebration that cost his Cleveland Browns a victory.
    What does this have to do with anything? He was Andy's right hand man OC, the only thing they/he couldn't do was win the big one. He is fine for this job. I just have a personal grudge for obvious reasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly believed he was the worst of all the OC candidates we interviewed.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    60 passing plays 17 rushes here we come.
    Let's just hope our QB can hit his target rather than throwing worm balls like McNabb.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    as per eagles site since 2006 when marty took over play calling eagles offense lead nfl in 25+ yard plays(unheard of in Jetland) 3RD IN TOTAL NET YARDS..5th in points per game..has orchestrated 4 of the 5 highest scoring years in eagle history...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it

Mornhinweg runs a traditional west coast offense.

Which means not only no more wildcat or goofy ass motion all over the place before the snap, but it also virtually guarantees that Sanchez won't be our QB next year.

The west coast offense is predicated around accuracy and quick decision making, two of Sanchez's weakest areas.

Welcome to New York, Matt Flynn.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not Cam Cameron...I'm happy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? He was Andy's right hand man OC, the only thing they/he couldn't do was win the big one. He is fine for this job. I just have a personal grudge for obvious reasons.
    Penn state fan?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    History tells us that coaches without talent don't do well. Look at Bellichick in Cleveland. Then he gets brady and insta-genius. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Not saying its a GREAT hire, but seems alittle early to hate the move.
    No, good OC's do. Or guys we didn't hire. lol Its as goofy as when someone says Brady doesnt like to get hit.

The most important aspect is can he call a game. Something none of the assts that people were talking up here have ever done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Penn state fan?
    No, those are my stubs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    as per eagles site since 2006 when marty took over play calling eagles offense lead nfl in 25+ yard plays(unheard of in Jetland) 3RD IN TOTAL NET YARDS..5th in points per game..has orchestrated 4 of the 5 highest scoring years in eagle history...
    And is clearly not a Rex hire. Marty is the farthest thing from ground and pound.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I like it

Which means not only no more wildcat or goofy ass motion all over the place before the snap, but it also virtually guarantees that Sanchez won't be our QB next year.

The west coast offense is predicated around accuracy and quick decision making, two of Sanchez's weakest areas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Im concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    'Cause he's a joke. I'm hating this hire more by the minute.

Anyway, he has my support. Better than Sparano, God willing.
    He's a little too pass happy for my tastes. we wanted excitement in the offense, here it comes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, good OC's do. Or guys we didn't hire. lol Its as goofy as when someone says Brady doesnt like to get hit.

The most important aspect is can he call a game. Something none of the assts that people were talking up here have ever done.
    +1. Knowing offense inside and out does not mean you can call a good game. It's a chess match mentality that guys like Sparano clearly did not possess.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I like it

I hope that you are right! I am sick of Suckchez and his illogical fans on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He's a little too pass happy for my tastes. we wanted excitement in the offense, here it comes.
    What happened to WRECK's Ground and POUND bs philosophy?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mornhinweg's Offenses in Philly in Yards (as OC) - 15th, 4th, 2nd, 11th, 9th, 6th, 2nd

But of course, a couple internet geniuses don't like the (rumored) move, so PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

Really, he's regarded as an excellent offensive mind who can't get past one monumental screw up he made as a HC in Detroit. But I'm pretty sure we're not looking for him to be our Head Coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    +1. Knowing offense inside and out does not mean you can call a good game. It's a chess match mentality that guys like Sparano clearly did not possess.
    and marty can call a game..as per eagles site since 2006 when marty took over play calling eagles offense lead nfl in 25+ yard plays(unheard of in Jetland) 3RD IN TOTAL NET YARDS..5th in points per game..has orchestrated 4 of the 5 highest scoring years in eagle history..http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com...nhinweg_1.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And is clearly not a Rex hire. Marty is the farthest thing from ground and pound.
    It will be a radical change from the crap that we have been seeing over the last 2 years. I dont know if we have the personnel to run a west coast offense.

Hopefully our new GM can get the new OC a QB that he can work with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Mornhinweg's Offenses in Philly in Yards (as OC) - 15th, 4th, 2nd, 11th, 9th, 6th, 2nd

But of course, a couple internet geniuses don't like the (rumored) move, so PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!

Really, he's regarded as an excellent offensive mind who can't get past one monumental screw up he made as a HC in Detroit. But I'm pretty sure we're not looking for him to be our Head Coach.
    +1