Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Flynn possible trade

Veteran

Matt Flynn possible trade

With the new GM finally on board we can now start to get the roster in order. There has been a lot of talk about bringing in Matt Flynn and with the obvious connection it seems even more possible.

I know a lot of people on here would be on board with this by my question is this.

WHY would we want this guy? I know we need a QB but think about this. Last season the Dolphins were as desperate for a QB as anyone. The also have a long history of trading for QB's, backup ones too.

Then they go out and make Philbin the HC who was his OC and probably knows more about him then anyone.

Yet they didnt go after him! To me this is very telling. For the money that would be involved and picked we would need to give out I want nothing to do with it.

In addition to this Sanchez has said he wants to be with the Jets for his career at the end of this season. Is it crazy to think that the new GM could come in and some how rework his deal to give use some cap space?

I was listening to the guys on Sirius radio today and they felt the Seahawks couldn't get higher than a 4th rounder at best for Flynn so the value is around there.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I was listening to the guys on Sirius radio today and they felt the Seahawks couldn't get higher than a 4th rounder at best for Flynn so the value is around there.
    ok then give them sanchez and a 4th.

get it done idzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    With the new GM finally on board we can now start to get the roster in order. There has been a lot of talk about bringing in Matt Flynn and with the obvious connection it seems even more possible.

I know a lot of people on here would be on board with this by my question is this.

WHY would we want this guy? I know we need a QB but think about this. Last season the Dolphins were as desperate for a QB as anyone. The also have a long history of trading for QB's, backup ones too.

Then they go out and make Philbin the HC who was his OC and probably knows more about him then anyone.

Yet they didnt go after him! To me this is very telling. For the money that would be involved and picked we would need to give out I want nothing to do with it.

In addition to this Sanchez has said he wants to be with the Jets for his career at the end of this season. Is it crazy to think that the new GM could come in and some how rework his deal to give use some cap space?
    Jason Cole @JasonColeYahoo

Matt Flynn still wants to sign with the Dolphins, but the team is low-balling the offer, thinking he'll take it just to play for Philbin.

So Flynn signed with Seattle

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Jason Cole @JasonColeYahoo

Matt Flynn still wants to sign with the Dolphins, but the team is low-balling the offer, thinking he'll take it just to play for Philbin.

So Flynn signed with Seattle
    Not sure if this is true or not, we know how media speculation is, but this only proves the point.

If Philbin thought this was his guy then you go get him. You dont low ball your franchise QB and hope he signs on!

He isnt the guy.

A friend of mine in Wisconsin is a die-hard Packers fan. I asked him last week if Flynn was actually any good. He said he's the real deal and should be starting somewhere.

Not sure if this is true or not, we know how media speculation is, but this only proves the point.

If Philbin thought this was his guy then you go get him. You dont low ball your franchise QB and hope he signs on!

He isnt the guy.

Or it proves that Miami isn't exactly a model of success

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He isnt the guy.
    Is Philbin the GM or owner of the fins.

How do you know that he didn't want him.

Jets Insider VIP

He isnt the guy.
    do you know or are you just another Suckchez fan fighting to keep the buttbouncer on our roster?

Ross did underbid for Flynn. By the way he did it with Payton Manning too. Incidentally Payton chose Denver as a result. You feel he wasn't the guy either?

Please cite facts rather then conjecture because you are a fan of another player. Its the Jets who are important and its imperative that we get a real QB and start to consistently win!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    do you know or are you just another Suckchez fan fighting to keep the buttbouncer on our roster?

Ross did underbid for Flynn. By the way he did it with Payton Manning too. Incidentally Payton chose Denver as a result. You feel he wasn't the guy either?

Please cite facts rather then conjecture because you are a fan of another player. Its the Jets who are important and its imperative that we get a real QB and start to consistently win!
    Im a fan of whoever wins us games. If that is Sanchez then great. Currently I am of the believe that we need to bring in someone else.

With that said we need to be smart about it. What has you so convinced that Flynn is the answer? Because he put up huge numbers against one of the worst defenses in the league with one of the most talented offenses? The guy performed for 2 or 3 games! Hell even Sanchez has done that.

Or how about the fact that he was the backup this year since week 1. I dont care what you think about Wilson or how good he is now the fact is they paid big money to Flynn and he couldnt even beat out a 3rd round rookie QB to be the week 1 starter.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    A friend of mine in Wisconsin is a die-hard Packers fan. I asked him last week if Flynn was actually any good. He said he's the real deal and should be starting somewhere.
    Well I guess that settles it, Im convinced! Lets do whatever we can to bring him in.

By the way I have a friend who is a die-hard Giants fan and he say David Carr is the **** and needs to be starting.

What do you think it would take to get him?

Well I guess that settles it, Im convinced! Lets do whatever we can to bring him in.

By the way I have a friend who is a die-hard Giants fan and he say David Carr is the **** and needs to be starting.

What do you think it would take to get him?
    But, Giants fans are dumb. They still tell me how they don't go to cold weather games. They don't understand football is played in cold weather.

I figured my friend in Wisconsin has to know better than us if Flynn is good or not. No clue what it would take to get him. If it's not a high draft pick, it's probably worth it since this draft is supposed to have a dearth of quality QBs.

I think it would be much more likely we go after TJ really. I love how everyone goes the Flynn direction after the obvious let down last year. Trading for Fynn unless it cost you one of the guys you plan on cutting would just be a bad idea. Only makes it hard to fill the roster for the GM to take on that much money and loose anther draft pick and or viable player.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    But, Giants fans are dumb. They still tell me how they don't go to cold weather games. They don't understand football is played in cold weather.

I figured my friend in Wisconsin has to know better than us if Flynn is good or not. No clue what it would take to get him. If it's not a high draft pick, it's probably worth it since this draft is supposed to have a dearth of quality QBs.
    I'm an LSU fan and watched just about every game Flynn started in college. I'm not buying the one game GB hype. Hell give Tebow the arsenal GB had last year when Flynn lit it up and he'd even look halfway decent.

When I think of Flynn , i think of Browning Nagle, Scott Mitchell, Kevin Kolb. I'd stay away from that mistake.

When did Matt Flynn become an answer? His OC didn't want him in Miami.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Watch for Idzik to bring Josh Portis into camp. He out performed Flynn in camp last year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Or it proves that Miami isn't exactly a model of success
    BINGO!! Plus he may have been targeting Ryan T all along....

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I'm an LSU fan and watched just about every game Flynn started in college. I'm not buying the one game GB hype. Hell give Tebow the arsenal GB had last year when Flynn lit it up and he'd even look halfway decent.

When I think of Flynn , i think of Browning Nagle, Scott Mitchell, Kevin Kolb. I'd stay away from that mistake.
    He's pretty limited physically, no? His arm leaves a bit to be desired. What I do like is his quick, compact, straight over the top delivery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adud3fLmUJ8

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Agreed. Flynn had one good game and was beaten in the QB spot by a rookie.

Ill take him but he is not a solution to our long term QB issue.