Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foles,Flynn or dare i say vick next jet qb???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Sanchez will be a Jet.

Draft a Qb in the 3-5 round range.

Sign a veteran, cheap $.
    Exactly the route they should take given the cap situation and Sanchez contract. Let the draft pick battle Sanchez in TC and preseason, if he wins ala Wilson in Sea great otherwise Sanchez gets 1 more shot.

Everyone is quick to point out Sanchez is not accurate , but look at the offense he's been fed the past 4 years. Run, Run, 3rd and long Pass. With a Phillly style WCO the Jets should throw much more on 1st down to put Sanchez in more QB friendly positions. He's never going to be a 70% completion % QB but at least give him a shot in his potentially first real offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I think Vick won't play for less than 15 mill.
    Then he won't be playing in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft a QB 1-2, 6-7, and get a cheap vet to back them up, get it over with. CUT Mark, Tebow and McNutt GET IT OVER WITH. Trading for Foles will cost a CB and likely a pick. Trading for Flynn make 0 sense IMO gets you one less building block this year in a trade. Vick no just no it would be worse then bringing Tebow in as far as fan fair.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Being from Philly I say please NO to Vick. He is somewhat of a liability these days and he would cost too much, I'd rather they go another route like drafting a QB or sign someone less expensive but serviceable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A guy who has 1 start in his career, a rookie whom the Eagles could likely make their future QB, and an older mobile QB who's always injured.

They laughed when the Pats started Brady too! Are they still laughing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Exactly the route they should take given the cap situation and Sanchez contract. Let the draft pick battle Sanchez in TC and preseason, if he wins ala Wilson in Sea great otherwise Sanchez gets 1 more shot.

Everyone is quick to point out Sanchez is not accurate , but look at the offense he's been fed the past 4 years. Run, Run, 3rd and long Pass. With a Phillly style WCO the Jets should throw much more on 1st down to put Sanchez in more QB friendly positions. He's never going to be a 70% completion % QB but at least give him a shot in his potentially first real offense.
    bs, all he did was throw short passes that were off the mark. Sanchez is garbage and its time for his hero worshiping fans to understand that he stinks! First real offense??? You really are star struck! He went to the AFCCG two years in a row. Did he NOT have a "real" offense then? And they say that TEBOW fans are dense!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Then he won't be playing in the NFL.
    This Vick will likely get more then any FA. That said teams would be stupid to offer him more then 7 mil. Average starter at best at worst a media head ache that looses you a large fan base. Very few teams could take him and make it work. We are not one of them. Him to like Jax, Chi, or Tenn makes more sense to me. Jax because lets face it what do you have to loose. Chi because They may see it as a way out of Cutler how is quite frankly nuts. Tenn because it is a place where he may still be seen as a relative hero and they aren't married to their QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    bs, all he did was throw short passes that were off the mark. Sanchez is garbage and its time for his hero worshiping fans to understand that he stinks! First real offense??? You really are star struck! He went to the AFCCG two years in a row. Did he NOT have a "real" offense then? And they say that TEBOW fans are dense!

No hero worship here. The Jets had a premier running game and Oline the years the Jets went to the AFCGG. This is the only way Rex's G&P offense could flourish, Sanchez was nothing more than a game manager Dilferesque if you may. The past two seasons due to the roster erosion and injuries the G&P did not work Sanchez was forced to throw more in an offense not suited to it.

If Rex sticks to his word and let's the new OC run his offense , we may be surprised by the results. And if it fails Sanchez get cut next year when its not prohibitive to do so.

Instead of attacking posters who you don't agree with, why don't you back up your claims with salient points other than sounding like a whiny SOJF.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live near Philly and while they don't always get everything right on sports radio, here is the buzz.
    A. Kelly really likes Foles.
    B. Andy has interest in bringing Vick with him to AZ.
    C. I am not a cap expert, is a Flynn for Sanchez swap even feasible? In theory Seattle might want a 1 year big contract instead of a longer one, but I don't know how the cap hits add up.

I would try to trade for Alex Smith over any of the three options above. Let him battle (and beat our McElroy and whoever we draft for the job).