Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is everybody pissed off at these hires?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I like both of these hires, I think the Jets future is looking pretty bright now with Idzik & Mornhinweg onboard.

A competent young bright mind at GM coming over from an organization where he was very successful, a REAL offensive mind In Mornhinweg as OC, Rex as HC with him and Thurman running the D and Ben Kotwica revitalizing special teams.

This could very well be the BEST front office and coaching staff the Jets have had in decades.

Can't wait for the draft!!!

If the Jets could somehow acquire Matt Flynn before the draft we would be off to a great start to the off-season.
    well stated and rational! I agree with you Arod.

I think that since Schein just went on for 10 mins. on Loudmouths about how bad both these hirings are, the Jets probably did very well.

Veteran
    I like both of these hires, I think the Jets future is looking pretty bright now with Idzik & Mornhinweg onboard.

A competent young bright mind at GM coming over from an organization where he was very successful, a REAL offensive mind In Mornhinweg as OC, Rex as HC with him and Thurman running the D and Ben Kotwica revitalizing special teams.

This could very well be the BEST front office and coaching staff the Jets have had in decades.

If the Jets could somehow acquire Matt Flynn before the draft we would be off to a great start to the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Before you complain about the Idzik hire: READ HIS BIO

Before you complain about the Mornhinweg hire: READ HIS RESUME

List your unignorant complaints here
    +1 alot of people listen to these brain dead newspaper reporters who know nothing..if i hear one more person say idzik is a "cap guy" only i will scream..do your f*** homework..!!! and morhinweg has a pretty impressive statistical track record..better than anything jets have had at OC since dan henning...

MM has never had an offense lower than about 15 or so. Many times he's had an offense as high as #2.

If Rex's defense mixed with an offense that's 15 and higher can't make it into the playoffs, no Jets team can.

This Sucks !!!!!
    Why woody why ?
    Things we're going so great, you we're getting national attention,
    Way more than the giants ever did.

Now you had to go ahead and take steps to blow up the circus, even if you did keep your BBF ringmaster Rex.

Idzik,Mornhinweg have to be an improvement over Tanny and Sparano...
    Idzik is less known of the two but seems like a rising star/who knows.
    True test will come when the inevitable power struggle happens.

Mornhinweg is known more of a qb guy/fixer.
    Can he fix sanchise who knows but I'm sure he's smart enough to work with what he has, He's seen what happens to first year OC's that the qb regresses
    Even sanchize has to be better,How would you top butt fumbling ?
    (Only Te'o might know)

Mayans we're wrong..World didn't end Dec 21,
    Giants Aint winning the SB this year,
    An Woody has given the keys to the bus to Idzik and Mornhinweg to take the Jets in a new direction and I'm sure Rexy's clown car is no more.

Woody has told him to walk.
    Use you feet Rex, Use you Feet.I think he was talking about walking ...
    God I hope so
    Last edited by REDDOG2004; 01-18-2013 at 08:02 PM.

All Pro
    This is going to be great! I love these guy's!

E

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Mornhinweg hire is dumb, he's a clown
    Clown???

SWEET!!! He's a PERFECT fit then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if Idzik's first move was to hire the new OC, you are already to dump on that guy and the new GM in retrospect.

Please tell us why Mornhinweg is a clown and why Idzik did not know that. And if it wasn't Idzik that hired him then why didn't Rex know that he was hiring a clown.

At this point I am very happy with both picks and I wish them well and welcome them to the Jets!
    Seriously? Haha. I'll let you read up.

But like I said it doesn't matter - he'll be gone along side Rex after 2013.

Sorry bud, we're not going 16-0.

Instead of a first time O-Coordinator as in a lost Sparano or a Daddy's boy in Shotty we are getting a highly experienced offensive coordinator in Mornhinweg.
    Our GM selection also has plenty of experience and also has the approval of a highly rated head hunters firm. This is the first time ever I remember the Jets making 2 very thorough moves like this. These moves give the Jets a very very good chance at success. It obviously doesn't guarantee anything but these are 2 professionals in the primes of their careers and they want to succeed very badly.
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Instead of a first time O-Coordinator as in a lost Sparano or a Daddy's boy in Shotty we are getting a highly experienced offensive coordinator in Mornhinweg.
    Our GM selection also has plenty of experience and also has the approval of a highly rated head hunters firm. This is the first time ever I remember the Jets making 2 very thorough moves like this. These moves give the Jets a very very good chance at success. It obviously doesn't guarantee anything but these are 2 professionals in the primes of their careers and they want to succeed very badly.
    Well done.
    +1

I am very optimistic about the hires. To hell with the SOJFs and the despicable media.

I like both hires as well. I am surprised. I expected the Jets to fall flat on their face... or butt-fumble into someone even worse than Tannenbum because "nobody wants to go to the Jets"

If this OC can do anything CLOSE to what he's done in his previous VERY successful years as OC, we're gonna be seeing a LOT of wins!

I like it!

Sign me in under the 'Psyched' column ... This could be a dominating staff.

No 1 on the agenda should be jettisoning Sackchez.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-18-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Sign me in under the 'Psyched' column ... This could be a dominating staff.

No 1 on the agenda should be jettisoning Sackchez.
    Unless someone would be dumb enough to take him, I don't think they can afford to do that.

Maybe we can try to give him away with a draft pick or something. If not, that f****r had BETTER rework that fkking contract that he DID NOT earn!

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    How do you suppose we get players right now?
    Win Games

I love how positive & enthusiastic this post is great job!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Why do you even allow it to get under your skin??? This is how I have always viewed things when it comes to sports.....what the media says has absoloutely NO bearing on what the Jets will do on and off the field...I just don't get caught up in the media....I am very pleased with the two new hires as GM and OC....the Jets have some nice core players but they need alot more talent....Bart Scott got it right when he said that was the main problem....the team also went 6-10 and could have one a few more games except that Sanchez decided that the opposition defense looked like Jet receivers. There is nothing a Jet fan should be feeling right now than a breath of fresh air with new blood in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Before you complain about the Idzik hire: READ HIS BIO

Before you complain about the Mornhinweg hire: READ HIS RESUME

List your unignorant complaints here

Hall Of Fame
    Why 2 years? why not NOW...did you see the Redskins from last year to this season....I find it amusing when people cannot say that things could turn around with a solid draft and competent offseason signings....if I thought it would take years to get good again, I might as well not watch any Jets football for 2 years! lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It probably will take two years, but why are you bummed at the hires?

These are not earth shattering moves but certainly a step in the right direction.

It all comes down to can these two guys find and develop a QB. I think so.

Hall Of Fame
    But WHO are slam dunks????? c'mon people...get a grip and see what these guys will do this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why do Jet fans need everyone else's approval? The guys on TV get paid to have opinions and to entertain. This thread is proof that they are doing their job.

Bottom line is that neither of these guys are "slam dunks". There are question marks. It is what it is.