View Poll Results: Do you like the Mornhinweg hire? Will he turn around our offense?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

155 84.70%
  • No

28 15.30%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Mornhinweg, Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Maybe you should look a little deeper and look at the circumstances.

This can't be for real, is it?
    The Jets have made their best coordinator hire in years and people are complaining? Wtf

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What kind of moron would complain about this hire? It's widely known around the league that MM is a good offensive mind. We're lucky MM has the balls to get involved with this train wreck of an offense. To have found a good OC under these circumstances is pretty damned remarkable.
    Agreed, A very good hire. An experienced, successful OC (last year notwithstanding) who knows what it takes to run an NFL offense, something we haven't had around here for a while.

I like the hire. I think we can get back to the middle of the pack next year if we keep Braylon around.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I like the hire. I think we can get back to the middle of the pack next year if we keep Braylon around.

and thats all you need with a rex defense!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Title says it all. What do you guys think. Is Mornhinweg a good hire? Will he help turn around our anemic offense?
    Your POLL results say even more! He is a good hire!

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    This guy has been the worst in the red zone for yrs,even with all the talent in philly. The only guy who is a worst fit than Sparano
    red zone issues might be true ..but there #1 in plays over 25 yards!!! so i guess they were scoring before they reached red zone!!!

He's Gone Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Fine. No.

I don't see him magically getting Sanchez to realize that he's NOT supposed to turn the ball over at every opportunity. Don't see how the offense can improve when the guy running it on the field is turnover prone.
    I have no evidence to back this up, but i believe Sanchez is gone, even if it means Woody and the Jets take a huge cap hit. They'll try something creative to make him more palatable for a team to trade for him. If they can't,he's cut.They want to start fresh,with this offense, and Sanchez can't be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I have no evidence to back this up, but i believe Sanchez is gone, even if it means Woody and the Jets take a huge cap hit. They'll try something creative to make him more palatable for a team to trade for him. If they can't,he's cut.They want to start fresh,with this offense, and Sanchez can't be a part of it.
    But that's the beauty of it they can start fresh and keep Sanchez. Any QB they will draft this year will need some learning. Draft a QB in rds 2-4, put in the new WCO offense for both to learn. Start Sanchez and see how it goes, if he still doesn't pan out you get experience for the rookie QB later in the year and you don't take the massive hit on Sanchez' cap number.

If Sanchez takes to the new WCO like a few of us think he might, then its a win win and you may end up with future tradeable assets like the Cousins situation in Wash.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    But that's the beauty of it they can start fresh and keep Sanchez. Any QB they will draft this year will need some learning. Draft a QB in rds 2-4, put in the new WCO offense for both to learn. Start Sanchez and see how it goes, if he still doesn't pan out you get experience for the rookie QB later in the year and you don't take the massive hit on Sanchez' cap number.

If Sanchez takes to the new WCO like a few of us think he might, then its a win win and you may end up with future tradeable assets like the Cousins situation in Wash.
    The one thing I would add to that scenario is they need to sign an experienced vet at QB. A Matt Moore type that won't cost too much, but can give Sanchez competition this year, in case the draftee is not ready to take over.

All Pro
    We just got an OC that's been consistently very good for 20 years, and turned some very lousy QBs into very good offenses. You have to go back a ways to find where he had a good QB to coach, but he was outstanding then. He's done pretty well with some lousy QBs, and he has made some nobodys into tradable players. Then they suck with the next team. You know, kind of the anti Shotty. Hopefully he does for our guys what he did for Kolb we can get some picks for them next year. Now if we can only find a franchise QB we'll be golden. Oh yeah, and I doubt anyone will be trying to pry him away for a HC job so he should be around a good long time. Great hire for Rex so he can stop worrying about the offense and get back to work coaching the D. This guy is not trying to figure it out, he actually knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Again, who besides McGinley is saying that Suckchez will be our starting QB?
    Rex

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What kind of [Person] would complain about this hire? It's widely known around the league that MM is a good offensive mind. We're lucky MM has the balls to get involved with this train wreck of an offense. To have found a good OC under these circumstances is pretty damned remarkable.
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfootballguy View Post
    His body of work is the Eagles have been a laughingstock the last two years.....
    Sooo I guess you don't know what body of work means?

Yes , football has changed from 2yds and a cloud of dust offense.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

After reading his bio, I'm sold. Thats a nice looking track record to me.

Next year may be a throwaway year, maybe we compete, but regardless what happens, I think we got an OC with some real brains for a change.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    yes because of one thing....his track record and his offenses actually have a pulse unlike the recent Jets offense. I however do not see Sanchez fitting into the offense....I cannot see Sanchez starting in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL!!!!!!! good one Kentucky Jet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    QUICK! Please call WOODY and tell him of your talent and ability to judge personnel. The ink is not dry on the contract of either the new GM or OC. You can apply for the GM job and hire the right man for the OC job! PLEASE don't waste any mor etime! Call now!

Hall Of Fame
    The offense cannot get any worse than it already was...its also amazing that so many of you are acting like the Jets will have the same personnel on offense in 2013.....I expect massive changes....for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    He will certainly turn it around.

The only problem is that turning around an offense that is spinning out of control
    merely trades clockwise for counter-clockwise...

Hall Of Fame
    I have felt this way before the season even ended....I scratch my head at how many people think Sanchez will be the starter in 2013......I liken that to the borderline absurd with a new GM and OC.....Sanchez took his last snap as a starter vs the bills....even if he is still with the team for another year...he will not be the starter....I say that with extreme confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post

I'll preface by saying I want Mornhinweg to succeed. Big.

That said, I have a bad residual feeling about the guy from his days as Detroit's HC. Although not as severe as with last year's cluster f**k hiring of the dunce Sparano's, but a negative impression lingers. Yes, I know he did well as Philly's OC.

Plus, right now, we don't have the personnel to run the offense which made him successful.

Again, good luck Marty.