Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Do you like the Mornhinweg hire? Will he turn around our offense?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    155 84.70%
  • No

    28 15.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: Poll: Mornhinweg, Yay or Nay?

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did Rex say that? I saw the press conference and he said nothing remotely close to that....some of you seem to have this absurd idiotic agenda and constantly say things thats just false......Jet are starting over and it's unlikely that Sanchez will eb the starter...he may get a chance to compete, but he will not be the starter.





    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Rex

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I have felt this way before the season even ended....I scratch my head at how many people think Sanchez will be the starter in 2013......I liken that to the borderline absurd with a new GM and OC.....Sanchez took his last snap as a starter vs the bills....even if he is still with the team for another year...he will not be the starter....I say that with extreme confidence.
    There's this little thing called the salary cap perhaps you can read up on it. Its almost impossible to trade him and cutting him would entail a massive cap hit. He's going to be the starter this year and hopefully despite all the naysayers here we may actually see a better product if the offense takes better advantage of his skillsets.

    And before I get the - his skillset is turnovers and he's the Suckchez . He's most adapted to a quick passing move the pocket type of system , the kind he was highly proficient in at USC. Our new OC knows how to work with QB's and to use them for their best attributes.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't feel anyway because his stint as a HC...look at Romeo Crennel...bad HC but damn good DC.....our new OC is doing what he does best....coach the offense...thats what counts.



    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'll preface by saying I want Mornhinweg to succeed. Big.

    That said, I have a bad residual feeling about the guy from his days as Detroit's HC. Although not as severe as with last year's cluster f**k hiring of the dunce Sparano's, but a negative impression lingers. Yes, I know he did well as Philly's OC.

    Plus, right now, we don't have the personnel to run the offense which made him successful.

    Again, good luck Marty.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    There's this little thing called the salary cap perhaps you can read up on it. Its almost impossible to trade him and cutting him would entail a massive cap hit. He's going to be the starter this year and hopefully despite all the naysayers here we may actually see a better product if the offense takes better advantage of his skillsets.

    And before I get the - his skillset is turnovers and he's the Suckchez . He's most adapted to a quick passing move the pocket type of system , the kind he was highly proficient in at USC. Our new OC knows how to work with QB's and to use them for their best attributes.

    Love this hire...

    His skill WILL improve under Mortimerwhig ....








    ....Skill riding the pine that is.

  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    I happen to be familiar with the salary cap....as for him starting it's absurd to assume that he will be the starter because of his salary....the man is NOT an NFL starting QB....the world saw that tenfold in 2013....he will be the highest paid bench warmer in the NFL in 2013.....we have a new OC with ZERO ties to Sanchez.



    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    There's this little thing called the salary cap perhaps you can read up on it. Its almost impossible to trade him and cutting him would entail a massive cap hit. He's going to be the starter this year and hopefully despite all the naysayers here we may actually see a better product if the offense takes better advantage of his skillsets.

    And before I get the - his skillset is turnovers and he's the Suckchez . He's most adapted to a quick passing move the pocket type of system , the kind he was highly proficient in at USC. Our new OC knows how to work with QB's and to use them for their best attributes.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly feel that Sanchez has hit his ceiling and will not get better....could I be wrong? Of course! But look at how bad Sanchez regressed in 2013......it was flat out embarrasing watching him in some games this past season.



    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    There's this little thing called the salary cap perhaps you can read up on it. Its almost impossible to trade him and cutting him would entail a massive cap hit. He's going to be the starter this year and hopefully despite all the naysayers here we may actually see a better product if the offense takes better advantage of his skillsets.

    And before I get the - his skillset is turnovers and he's the Suckchez . He's most adapted to a quick passing move the pocket type of system , the kind he was highly proficient in at USC. Our new OC knows how to work with QB's and to use them for their best attributes.

  7. #67
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'll preface by saying I want Mornhinweg to succeed. Big.

    That said, I have a bad residual feeling about the guy from his days as Detroit's HC. Although not as severe as with last year's cluster f**k hiring of the dunce Sparano's, but a negative impression lingers. Yes, I know he did well as Philly's OC.

    Plus, right now, we don't have the personnel to run the offense which made him successful.

    Again, good luck Marty.
    What's the big deal? Good coordinators are often ****ty head coaches. Wade Philips, Norv Turner, Todd Haley, etc.

    There's no experimentation here. We know who we're hiring. We're hiring a guy with lots of success as an OC.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moringwig would be as good as the QB the new GM get him.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What's the big deal? Good coordinators are often ****ty head coaches. Wade Philips, Norv Turner, Todd Haley, etc.

    There's no experimentation here. We know who we're hiring. We're hiring a guy with lots of success as an OC.
    Exactly.if jets suck next year and the jets fire rex and promote Marty, THEN I would agree with that he isn't the right man.

  10. #70
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    636
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Jets fans are celebrating the Mornhinweg hired so are Eagles fans.

    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...s/page__st__30

  11. #71
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    While Jets fans are celebrating the Mornhinweg hired so are Eagles fans.

    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...s/page__st__30
    LOL

    And?

    Is there ANY fanbase that doesn't b*tch about their offensive playcalling?

    You should've seen the Packers boards after the San Fran game. Half of them wanted to kick McCarthy out the door.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    too many syllables for the inevitiable chant: "Mornhinweg sucks"

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the hire in theory, I'm a believer in the WCO and the Qbs under him have been productive. That said, we don't have the pieces on offense for any coordinator to be successful and won't be able to fix that in one offseason. And we're certainly not a good QB away from having a good offense either...because no QB is going to play well with the players we have. It'll take a couple quality drafts devoted to offense for us to get near the 10-15 area on that side of the ball.

    Hope I'm wrong though!

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    And?

    Is there ANY fanbase that doesn't b*tch about their offensive playcalling?

    You should've seen the Packers boards after the San Fran game. Half of them wanted to kick McCarthy out the door.
    Exactly. They wanted Reid out the door, as well. Most teams would love to have Reid. Let's see how much they love Chip Kelly in four years.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like the hire in theory, I'm a believer in the WCO and the Qbs under him have been productive. That said, we don't have the pieces on offense for any coordinator to be successful and won't be able to fix that in one offseason. And we're certainly not a good QB away from having a good offense either...because no QB is going to play well with the players we have. It'll take a couple quality drafts devoted to offense for us to get near the 10-15 area on that side of the ball.

    Hope I'm wrong though!
    The FO knows this. MM won't get fired after the 2013 season. Rex may, but MM won't. They'll give MM two or three years to get things straightened out.

    You have to give the guy credit. He has some balls to take this job. Baldinger was on the radio yesterday saying that MM is a good designer of plays. Sundquist also said MM was a good hire.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    And?

    Is there ANY fanbase that doesn't b*tch about their offensive playcalling
    ?

    You should've seen the Packers boards after the San Fran game. Half of them wanted to kick McCarthy out the door.
    Funny you should say that I was at a Miami/Jet game and the Fin fans were b*tching about Dan Henning..

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Fine. No.

    I don't see him magically getting Sanchez to realize that he's NOT supposed to turn the ball over at every opportunity. Don't see how the offense can improve when the guy running it on the field is turnover prone.
    You can rest assured there will be at least one more QB brought in to compete (and probably win) the starting QB job from Sanchez. Whether it be Flynn or Vick through free agency or some hidden gem in the draft.

    I can almost guarantee you that Mornhenwig will have more to work with at QB then whats available on our roster at present.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-19-2013 at 07:34 PM.

  18. #78
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys O was never less than 15 I believe ... He's extra pass happy but Andy Reid likes it like that. He knows O and knows how to call a game. More than anything he's actually been a successful OC before where as Schotty and Sparano NEVER did it full time at all prior to coming here. This is the first actual experienced OC we've had here in quite some time. Not to mention he's been successful and he's not too stubborn to adjust to personnel. We'll be fine with play calling its about execution right now. An OC is only as good as the execution on the field. Lets get the O Line, QB, RB, TE, and Receiver situation figured out and we'll be okay lol.

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. hopefully he gets a qb who wont make him look bad, I mean terrible.

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like the hire in theory, I'm a believer in the WCO and the Qbs under him have been productive. That said, we don't have the pieces on offense for any coordinator to be successful and won't be able to fix that in one offseason. And we're certainly not a good QB away from having a good offense either...because no QB is going to play well with the players we have. It'll take a couple quality drafts devoted to offense for us to get near the 10-15 area on that side of the ball.

    Hope I'm wrong though!
    Sounds a lot like what everyone said in 2008 when they hired Rex. You never know. Coaching/play calling means much more than people want to believe. Players play, but there's 11 guys out there, and they need to play to their strengths, and need to be choreographed. They need to throw on first down now and then.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us