Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WCO- How are we going to make the Transition

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    signing Reggie Bush (a pass catching, speedy/playmaking HB) would be a good start.

But our cap is such a mess, I doubt we'll be going that route.
    I agree Reggie Bush would change our Offense for the positive. A lot of Blitzing
    would create opportunies with the screen, draw, edge etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez will be asked to take a pay cut if not he wont be given a legit chance at the starting qb job and he will sit and rot and we will go with either mcelroy tebow or ?.
    Sanchez will not take a pay cut, nor will he be asked to do so.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Take a look around the league to teams such as the Seahawks and Redskins.....rosters can be vastly different in ONE year...the 2013 Jets should look nothing like the 2012 squad.
    It is a MUST for us to have a good draft as these two teams had last year. Seattle got Wilson, Turbin, Irvin, Wagner, Sweezy and a couple of good young cornerbacks. Washington drafted RGIII, Cousins and Morris, who are all obviously big time difference makers.

If the Jets want to have a good season next year they a) have to draft well with atleast filling two or three starting spots with rookies and b) see some of their young players step up and develop into starters (Coples, Davis, Ellis, maybe Ducasse)...

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You and I have very different recollections of the Hackett years. In addition to his ridiculously conservative play-calling, he literally could not figure out how clocks work so they had to hire a guy to help him with that. I will admit, though, that having a guy named Dick Curl on the coaching staff was good for a few chuckles.
    I'm not defending Hackett as my original post was not meant to make him out to be a great playcaller, but the clock management ills falls on the HC, not OC. Herm was horrible at managing the clock whether he was her with Hack, here with Heimerdinger, or out in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    He was the lowest rated passer on throws 5 yards or shorter. He just can't run an NFL WC offense.
    He ran it at USC. I would love to see him cut. But I see the WCO was what Sanchez flourished in. I just have a feeling they are going to bring this system in to give Sanchez something that he is comfortable in and see if he can recover. I see this team giving him another chance with them bringing in a veteran as insurance. The Jets have to much invested . Im being a realist I seen Sanchez run WCO in USC and he was a completely different QB. Whether he is so destroyed now he cant recover that's another thread altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I would think it would start with cutting Sanchez, Greene
    Idzik has to figure out the least economically damaging way of benching or parting with Sanchez.

Trade him back to Seattle along with a pick and get Flynn. Maybe Pete Carroll is crazy enough to want to be reunited with Sanchez. And I say this not knowing much at all about Flynn. That's sad. That's how bad I went Sanchez out of here. I can't fathom watching another season of Mark Sanchez.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Besides settling on a qb, The WCO usually relies on a RB that can catch, Bigger WRs as they run a lot more short patterns and the larger catch radius has a positive effect. I don't know if a ZBS or a power oline is better, but I would think the more athletic ZBS guys would be better if the qb is a guy that likes to move like Sanchez/Rogers type like green bay, but Philly seemed to favor large powerful guys, and they had Vick. So maybe the type of line don't matter.

Big WRs that can go over the middle, RB that can release into patterns and a qb that can make quick progressions as the WCO floods zones.
    Philly probably had the smallest WR group in the league for the last couple of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I'm the biggest critic of Sanchez. I know a lot of you are going really be pissed for saying this. The WCO is what Sanchez ran in college and he ran it well this might save his career. He might also look like Sanchez of USC not suckchez of the Jets. On fact this might be the reason they are implementing it because Sanchez will be given one more year.
    I could care less what Sanchez did in the Pac 10 against the likes of Washington State and Colorado.

The west coast offense is predicated around accuracy, quick decision making, and utilizing the short and intermediate passing game.

Let's see:

- Sanchez is arguably the most inaccurate starting QB in the league
    - Sanchez is totally indecisive and still routinely makes rookie mistakes
    - Sanchez is f*cking awful in the short/intermediate game

So please enlighten me as to why he's such a great fit for the WCO?

Because to me it seems to be a match made in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Sanchez will not take a pay cut, nor will he be asked to do so.
    dont bet on that this new gm isnt cowardly tanny.

then either cut the selfish little prick or sit him and let him rot holding a clipboard.

hes useless to this team and needs to go before this franchise can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    well lets see, how long did it take Wilson, Luck and RG3? Even Sanchez did fine in year 1. While it is difficult it can be done.
    Sanchez did fine in year 1? 12 TDs v. 20 INTs and a mid-60s passer rating is fine? Sad how we've lowered our standards for QB play around here

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Philly probably had the smallest WR group in the league for the last couple of years.
    They were bigger than the pats, The pats had 3 guys under 6 foot.

But that is an exception for a WCO, but isn't Jackson the only guy under 6 foot? I'm just saying the ideal wr for the WCO is a larger guy. Jackson runs 9s all day he does not run typical WCO routes. Welker runs WCO routes and he is 5-9. But you would not want Branch or Holmes running those routes, they just are not tough enough even though they are close to the same size.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could care less what Sanchez did in the Pac 10 against the likes of Washington State and Colorado.

The west coast offense is predicated around accuracy, quick decision making, and utilizing the short and intermediate passing game.

Let's see:

- Sanchez is arguably the most inaccurate starting QB in the league
    - Sanchez is totally indecisive and still routinely makes rookie mistakes
    - Sanchez is f*cking awful in the short/intermediate game

So please enlighten me as to why he's such a great fit for the WCO?

Because to me it seems to be a match made in hell.
    Because he's accurate on the run; on the move. I'll wait and see.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sanchez did fine in year 1? 12 TDs v. 20 INTs and a mid-60s passer rating is fine? Sad how we've lowered our standards for QB play around here
    The guy did not set the world on fire but he did win a few games for us in a rather thriling fashion. However, I do not recall him ever being in the mid-60's re passer rating. I could be wrong. While I am not a Suckchez fan, lets not be ridiculous with your usual allegations! I have ripped him as much as anyone on this Board. You waffle like a Waffle House chef making eggs over light!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 01-19-2013 at 09:29 PM.