Thread: Jets brass was impressed by idzik's vision for the franchise.

Jets brass was impressed by idzik's vision for the franchise.

What does Idzik tell Woody Johnson and his team of interviewees to get this job?
    He obviously tells Woody something he wants to hear. I believe that he tells this group that he can rebuild and keep the team competitive and maybe make the playoffs at the same time. He is telling about 5 executives all this so he not only has to be believable but he has to have a plan. What does he tell them to land this job?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I like bringing in big name players that will sell jerseys and PSL's

Not the way to start a thread. I was expecting to read a story where Jet "brass" extolled on the virtues of hiring Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not the way to start a thread. I was expecting to read a story where Jet "brass" extolled on the virtues of hiring Idzik.
    OP sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    OP sucks!
    I won't go that far. Maybe just a neophyte with much to learn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe he has inside information concerning a trade with Seattle for Matt Flynn
    and presented a positive scenario going foward for changing things around with most of the Offensive players we have .

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Maybe he has inside information concerning a trade with Seattle for Matt Flynn
    and presented a positive scenario going foward for changing things around with most of the Offensive players we have .
    lets hope so.

I suspect he came in with a far more detailed plan than other interview candidates, and demonstrably showed a framework for how he plans to go about business as GM of the New York Jets.

I suspect he extolled the virtues of many of the players currently on the team that are locked into longterm deals, why he thinks they can be key cogs to a championship calibre team, and how he best feels the holes the team has can be filled, while cutting fat/dead weight to free up the cap space necessary to make such improvements.

He may even have gotten into his philosophy on how to exploit market inefficiencies....

all speculation on my part, but that's what I'd have put forth as a GM candidate, and that's what I'd hope to see from a GM that I planned to hire.

All Pro
    Proly start by blowing Woody a bit and talking about the respect he has for the organization and the long proud history of the franchise. And all the good things in place.

The go on to explain where he sees the org. has fallen short in regards to personnel, cap management, draft, organizational goals, team philosophy, etc.

Then go on to explain his vision for a well run org., salary cap allocation per position, media relations, org. and team goals, how to structure the front office and how as a GM he sees himself working with the coaching staff and his relationship with players, explain how he believes is the best way to structure player contracts. Express a plan to help fill seats in the New Meadowlands Stadium.

Explain personnel moves he would make with the team, who to cut, who to resign, what positions to target in FA, what positions to target in the draft, explain who,, when and where he would try to acquire players via trade and who to trade away.

Talk about his dad, his early life and education, his family, what kind of dinosaur he would be, his personal life goals, bring lots of resumes, etc.

All Pro
    "If I get this job, I will force Rex to start Tim Tebow next year."

Hall Of Fame
    As opposed to telling him that he won't do a good job and he will aid Rex in running the franchise into the ground.

Idzik is a well rounded individual.

With his Master's Degree in Liberal Arts, I would expect him to come across to Woody like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRj01LShXN8

And from Idzik's football playing days at Dartmouth, which won an Ivy League Championship during his tenure, I would expect him to also show Rex and his Ryan Clan...that battle hardened barbaric-warrior side of himself as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_OpFxCx-A
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 01-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.

He must talk a good game because he looks like a Dork.

Smile

Classic-----ARCHIVED!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    He must talk a good game because he looks like a Dork.
    Have you ever seen Mike Tannenbaum ???

All Pro
    +1

I think Izzy showed up with whiskey on his breath
    and maybe Rex saw a hooker in his car, for all
    we know he may have torched a joint before or
    even during his interview.

This is pure speculation, but this thread asks us
    speculate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    He is telling about 5 executives all this so he not only has to be believable but he has to have a plan. What does he tell them to land this job?
    Well obviously, considering how long the process took, that Idzik interviewed twice, the executive search firm that was used and their successful track record, I would speculate that he interviewed extremely well and had a concrete plan for the franchise's future that he presented.

I think we will all get a much better idea about GM Idzik when he has his introductory press conference on Thursday January 24th @ 11am.

Hopefully we all walk away from that press conference with a good impression. I am optimistic.

Here is what our new GM has said so far....

“I am honored and extremely excited to be joining the New York Jets,” said Idzik. “It has been very enlightening getting to know Mr. Woody Johnson, Rex Ryan and Neil Glat, and I am very grateful for them making me feel very welcomed as a member of the Jets family. I am eager to get started building on the foundation that is already in place.”
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-19-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Idzik is a well rounded individual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRj01LShXN8
    Branagh, Henry the 5th speech ... Big kudos!

... Agree on -1 to original poster for misleading thread title ...

Ljr

Undrafted Free Agent
    BS misleading thread