Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: What current college QB fit new OC??

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    What current college QB fit new OC??

    Okay you draftknicks what current college QB's that are eligible for the draft best suit Mornhinweg offense?? i would say for example Glennon from nc state is out...what u think??

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    Okay you draftknicks what current college QB's that are eligible for the draft best suit Mornhinweg offense?? i would say for example Glennon from nc state is out...what u think??
    Glennon should never have been in. Let him fail somewhere else.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think he's coming out this year, but if he does I want to draft David Fales from San Jose State. Very accurate passer.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    Okay you draftknicks what current college QB's that are eligible for the draft best suit Mornhinweg offense?? i would say for example Glennon from nc state is out...what u think??
    Glennon would not fit the traditional MM offenses, I agree.

    I don't like this year's draft class much.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like EJ Manuel but he needs some seasoning. He reminds me of Kaepernick. Tyler Wilson would be good, but I think he might go too high.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best fit is Sean Renfree who reminds me alot of Matt Schaub.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The best fit is Sean Renfree who reminds me alot of Matt Schaub.
    The problem is we will have to see how his injury is.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zac Dysert

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting a qb this year is a mistake. The crop is just not that good. Wait for Tajh Boyd or little teddy bridgewater next year.

    Trade for flynn and if you must take a qb, get ej manuel if he falls far enough. Meaning third round.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Drafting a qb this year is a mistake. The crop is just not that good. Wait for Tajh Boyd or little teddy bridgewater next year.

    Trade for flynn and if you must take a qb, get ej manuel if he falls far enough. Meaning third round.
    There are 4-5 Qb's in this draft class that have the potential to be just as good or better than Flynn. Dysert, Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Glennon . Flynn is hyped here for 1 good game in a stacked GB offense, if he ws that good Russell Wilson a) doesn't get drafted by Sea and b) does not see the field if they did.

    People underestimate this QB class because there's no RGIII or Luck in it.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Drafting a qb this year is a mistake. The crop is just not that good. Wait for Tajh Boyd or little teddy bridgewater next year.

    Trade for flynn and if you must take a qb, get ej manuel if he falls far enough. Meaning third round.
    I wouldnt complain if the jets drafted either 1 of those Qb's. I would take Manuel this yr and draft Boyd next yr. Manuel and Boyd r the next generation of Qb comin into the nfl.

    Next Gen Qb's

    Kaepernick
    Wilson
    G3
    Newton
    Locker
    Fitzpatrik
    Tebow????
    Dalton
    BOYD - NEXT YR
    MANUEL - THIS YR

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno Smith is the most ready made WCO QB in the draft. Mobile and Accurate. He may very well be there 9(would be shocked if he's not). Is he worth it? Tough to say, but WCO gives him his best shot in my opinion.

    Ryan Nassib is also a fit, as is Matt Barkley. We know Matt Barkley will not be a Jet, if Nassib slips past Buffalo in round 2, I think he could be an option.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,666
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    move get out d way!

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Geno Smith is the most ready made WCO QB in the draft. Mobile and Accurate. He may very well be there 9(would be shocked if he's not). Is he worth it? Tough to say, but WCO gives him his best shot in my opinion.

    Ryan Nassib is also a fit, as is Matt Barkley. We know Matt Barkley will not be a Jet, if Nassib slips past Buffalo in round 2, I think he could be an option.
    watchout 4 Ari Cardinals bc they need qb ..

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    watchout 4 Ari Cardinals bc they need qb ..
    we will send them Sanchez for a low pick

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    There are 4-5 Qb's in this draft class that have the potential to be just as good or better than Flynn. Dysert, Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Glennon . Flynn is hyped here for 1 good game in a stacked GB offense, if he ws that good Russell Wilson a) doesn't get drafted by Sea and b) does not see the field if they did.

    People underestimate this QB class because there's no RGIII or Luck in it.
    They said the same thing when Brady was drafted in round 6.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Geno Smith is the most ready made WCO QB in the draft. Mobile and Accurate. He may very well be there 9(would be shocked if he's not). Is he worth it? Tough to say, but WCO gives him his best shot in my opinion.

    Ryan Nassib is also a fit, as is Matt Barkley. We know Matt Barkley will not be a Jet, if Nassib slips past Buffalo in round 2, I think he could be an option.
    I agree with your 3 choices. It would be awfully tough to pass on Barkley if he is there in round 2.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Nassib a lot

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I agree with your 3 choices. It would be awfully tough to pass on Barkley if he is there in round 2.
    I'm with you. Barkley could be a steal for someone in RD 2(I'm not convinced he doesn't climb back up to 1st round), but the stones it would take to make that pick.....but then again, that's what great leaders do, have the stones to make the unpopular choice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us