Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: What current college QB fit new OC??

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only quality the guy needs is the ability to do reads quickly as at min 4 players are in the pattern. You don't need a big arm at the patterns are a lot of digs and slants.

    Smith and Wilson are the two best, but they are the two best period.

  2. #22
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Philly
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I agree with your 3 choices. It would be awfully tough to pass on Barkley if he is there in round 2.
    I disagree, it's a fact that USC doesn't doesn't produce any decent to good NFL QB's and the only exception in terms of QB from USC was Carson Palmer but the rest have stunk it up in the NFL.

    The Jets drafted an SC QB so they'd be crazy to draft another one from that school.

    Here is a list of QB's from USC:

    Carson Palmer
    John David Booty
    Matt Leinart
    Rob Johnson
    Todd Marinovich
    Rodney Peete
    Sean Salisbury


    A list of garbage aside from Palmer.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need a drop back 3 step QB. Geno is not that guy never even played under C. Vick never fit his ideal system back at all. Barkley, Zac Dyser, Nassib and Wilson maybe in that order.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I disagree, it's a fact that USC doesn't doesn't produce any decent to good NFL QB's and the only exception in terms of QB from USC was Carson Palmer but the rest have stunk it up in the NFL.

    The Jets drafted an SC QB so they'd be crazy to draft another one from that school.

    Here is a list of QB's from USC:

    Carson Palmer -
    John David Booty -
    Matt cassell -
    Matt Leinart
    Rob Johnson
    Todd Marinovich
    Rodney Peete
    Sean Salisbury


    A list of garbage aside from Palmer.

    Try listing prospects from FSU sometime. It isn't the school it is the prospect. Going by what school someone went to makes about as much sense as saying don't draft a black QB.

  5. #25
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I disagree, it's a fact that USC doesn't doesn't produce any decent to good NFL QB's and the only exception in terms of QB from USC was Carson Palmer but the rest have stunk it up in the NFL.

    The Jets drafted an SC QB so they'd be crazy to draft another one from that school.

    Here is a list of QB's from USC:

    Carson Palmer
    John David Booty
    Matt Leinart
    Rob Johnson
    Todd Marinovich
    Rodney Peete
    Sean Salisbury


    A list of garbage aside from Palmer.
    Going by your argument than we should only draft QB's from Michigan, Tenn, Purdue, etc. because that's where all the "elite" QB's in the NFL are from.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Going by your argument than we should only draft QB's from Michigan, Tenn, Purdue, etc. because that's where all the "elite" QB's in the NFL are from.
    Remember when you couldn't loose with a QB from ND LOL.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    My worry about drafting a QB out of this weak class is that if the team goes south offensively there's going to be enormous pressure to play the rookie early in the season. I can't foresee us having more than mediocre talent on offense and throwing a rookie QB who may already have a limited skill sets in with a bunch of scrubs won't help his development and may harm it.

    Thoughts?

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You need a drop back 3 step QB. Geno is not that guy never even played under C. Vick never fit his ideal system back at all. Barkley, Zac Dyser, Nassib and Wilson maybe in that order.

    This.

    Barkley is the only guy that's started in a WCO for 4 years, but I know people would go nuts if we drafted him (I'm not a fan either, btw).

    This is actually the scheme that scouts felt Sanchez was best suited for, and I expect him to be the opening day starter again. I think we'll draft Nassib in the 3rd round and he'll be our backup, taking over after 5 or 6 games if Sanchez continues to play like Sanchez.

  9. #29
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The best fit is Sean Renfree who reminds me alot of Matt Schaub.
    Because of his surgery (torn right pectoral muscle) he might be available in the 7th round or even a UDFA. Worth a look see.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=qb

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would Marrone pass on Nassib in the 2nd round since Marrone was his coach?

    The bleacher report's mock has Buffalo taking him at 8. Yes kind of crazy but if a team likes a QB enough to think he can be a successful starter they may not want to miss out on him.

    Teams that at least would consider taking a QB:

    KC
    Jax
    Phi
    AZ
    Buf
    NYJ
    TB
    And Dal.

    Like it or not, I think at least 3 guys are going in the first. Of course none of the mocks have more than 1 but that will change because there is never a free agent market for QBs.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I personally like EJ Manuel but he needs some seasoning. He reminds me of Kaepernick. Tyler Wilson would be good, but I think he might go too high.
    EJ has a cannon but does need seasoning. He's fast, but not sure if he thinks quickly.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hearing a lot of Geno praise here. I haven't seen more than a game or two but I always thought his deal was big arm/mobile/shaky accuracy. If true, that sounds like an awful fit for WestCoastOffense.

    Or am I misled and he's actually accurate? Do we have any mountaineers present?

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of Geno praise here. I haven't seen more than a game or two but I always thought his deal was big arm/mobile/shaky accuracy. If true, that sounds like an awful fit for WestCoastOffense.

    Or am I misled and he's actually accurate? Do we have any mountaineers present?
    Terrible foot work, rarely passed from under center,and an insane amount of his production came from YAC

    Pass

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge Nassib fan here.

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just gonna throw this out here as well- If we suck again next year and get another top 10 pick, Johnny Manziel is PERFECT for a West Coast offense. He's Russell Wilson part 2 IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us