Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    You are right; you will never know unless you have the balls to make a move. I don't necessarily advocate trading him for picks; but if there was a super blue chip prospect you draft, that you could get along with some other top prospects, you would definitely have to consider it. I love Revis and hope it doesn't come to that but a GM has to look at the big picture and consider what is best for the TEAM overall.
    did you really just say for a SUPER BLUE CHIP PROSPECT AND SOME OTHER TOP PROSPECTS? ok...u got me...Revis for Luck and the colts next 9 first rounders... lol

r u 12?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just out of curiosity, why dont the yankees trade jeter for prospects (say 8 years ago)? everyone knows pitching wins...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Not calling you out or anything, just curious.

Revis stays this year, plays well. Then what? You think Mevis will be looking to be the highest paid corner in the league? You think the Jets can afford to pay him and mortgage even more of the future with another horrendously huge contract?

I have no doubt Revis will play lights out next year. He'll be playing for a a big contract for himself, which IMO, is all he cares about. The Jets can't afford to pay him, even if they could they shouldn't. So he walks away, gets paid, and the Jets get nothing. How do you stop this scenario from happening?

Keeping Revis next year and not shopping him, hoses the Jets either way you look at it... whether he stays for HUGE money or whether he walks and the Jets get nothing.

THIS guy gets it. So many people are saying keep revis. If we had Regis under contract for the next 3 years, you probably don't trade him.

What we are looking at is a player in the last year of his contract and his last year as a jet. Its keep him this season, and get nothing in return afterwards. Or you get what you can for him now.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd prefer a pass-rusher who can take the QB away from the receivers.

Revis is the best CB, and it's cool to be able to say that he's a Jet. But, you really don't need the best CB in the league to win. Though, I will say that my willingness to part with him is entirely based on how greedy he decides to be.

If Revis and his agents still want franchise QB $$$, then the Jets can't resign him. Too much money will be tied into the CB position. Revis $14-16 mil and Cro $9 mil. Plus #1st round pick money in Wilson. Doing something like this to please Rex, is what's left the Jets thin at other positions. And the team lacking overall depth. I just can't believe Idzik would sink this much money at CB, when the Jets have serious CAP problems. And only 10 out of 22 starters signed to contracts.

I have no interest to see one of the best CB that's ever played the game, leave the Jets. But if the right trade proposal is offered...I think the Jets should do it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    just out of curiosity, why dont the yankees trade jeter for prospects (say 8 years ago)? everyone knows pitching wins...

Salary caps are hard to understand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Salary caps are hard to understand.

not the point. do u think the yankees would get rid of jeter for prospects if there WAS a cap in baseball? dont be stupid...u dont trade the face of the franchise...esp not in the middle of your LB coming out and saying u have no talent!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post

If Revis and his agents still want franchise QB $$$, then the Jets can't resign him. Too much money will be tied into the CB position. Revis $14-16 mil and Cro $9 mil. Plus #1st round pick money in Wilson. Doing something like this to please Rex, is what's left the Jets thin at other positions. And the team lacking overall depth. I just can't believe Idzik would sink this much money at CB, when the Jets have serious CAP problems. And only 10 out of 22 starters signed to contracts.

I have no interest to see one of the best CB that's ever played the game, leave the Jets. But if the right trade proposal is offered...I think the Jets should do it.
    there is a solution to having a high paid secondary...its called drafting better...lets hope this new guy is better then the old guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade him and get a good draft pick deal (2 1's).....No CB on this planet is worth what is Revis is assumed to be asking for....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is a CB. Not QB, CB. To put it in perspective, the best CB in the game played for 5 different teams. All of the teams he won with brought him in as a final piece to their already stacked team. None of them built their team around him. CB is a luxury in this league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The time to trade revis was last offseason. Myself and several other prognosticators saw the light then, and now it seems more are coming around (a disconcerting majority though is still not understanding the concept of a salary capped league).

We wont get squat for him now. I hope everyone enjoys one year of decent revis play, a second of interminable drama, and then seeing him in a steelers jersey while getting only a third round comp pick in return.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Who was going to pay Jeter 20 mill 8 years ago and give up pitching prospects?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Who was going to pay Jeter 20 mill 8 years ago and give up pitching prospects?
    The METS lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The METS lol
    Wilpons too cheap to keep a better SS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Why do some morons want to trade the only true positive the team really has going for it right now?

That in itself is a moronic statement. Revis is NOT the only true positive.
    People ***** about the man-crush of the Tebowites, but Revis gets the same BS on here as well.

Anybody notice the defense played pretty damn good without the supposed best defensive player in all of football (which he is not, but.....)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    That in itself is a moronic statement. Revis is NOT the only true positive.
    People ***** about the man-crush of the Tebowites, but Revis gets the same BS on here as well.

Anybody notice the defense played pretty damn good without the supposed best defensive player in all of football (which he is not, but.....)
    This, this and this.

Not once this season did I notice that Revis was missing. The defense and our remaining CB's filled in for him. Perhaps we should give more credit to Rex than we do to Revis. After all, it wasn't until Rex's first year that Revis became the household, shutdown name that he is.

We did fine without him this year at the CB position. We'll do fine without him if he gets traded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I love Revis but if we could bring back a package of draft picks and or some young players, I would be inclined to trade him... Assuming teams would be willing to give up much from someone coming off a season ending injury. What say my fellow Jet Posters?

Why would call this his biggest decision? His biggest decision has to be what to do about Sanchez/QB situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis needs to be sent packing.

Why the hell does a "defensive guru" like Rex need stud corners all over the place to field a great defense anyway?

You trade Revis for a 2nd or a conditional 3rd and work towards getting this sad sack of sh*t of an offense on track.

I could care less how great our secondary is if we're still struggling to put up 10 points a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Revis needs to be sent packing.

Why the hell does a "defensive guru" like Rex need stud corners all over the place to field a great defense anyway?

You trade Revis for a 2nd or a conditional 3rd and work towards getting this sad sack of sh*t of an offense on track.

I could care less how great our secondary is if we're still struggling to put up 10 points a game.
    Our pass defense was ranked 2nd without him, lol. I like Revis (as a player) and all, but an elite CB just is not something that you NEED to win.

Some people are just too starstruck to see otherwise, sadly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis straight-up for a 1st rounder with the bonus of freeing up the money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Revis straight-up for a 1st rounder with the bonus of freeing up the money.
    No one is trading a 1st round pick for Revis.

Doesn't matter if he's the best corner in football. He's still a corner. A corner coming off a season in which he shredded his knee.

I'd trade him for a 2nd and not think twice.

I'd be a bit reluctant to trade him for a conditional 3rd, but when push comes to shove that's a deal I'd make.